Anthem to homeport in FLL

Seatrade Insider artical says Anthem will make her debut at Port Everglades in 2015 after her inaugural season in Southhampton. Sorry if this not new info...:o

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/port-everglades-embarks-on-$42m-cruise-terminal-pier-expansion.html

Is making a "debut" the same as being "home ported" :confused:

The terminal expansion is great news though and could have wide-ranging implications for RCI ships not named Oasis and Allure, although it's not clear from the article whether RCI would have access to any of the newly renovated terminals (?). I know the second-tier RCI terminal in FLL has long been the subject of complaints.

I hope they make some improvements before Anthem arrives.

Edited by Dave85

Yep, this info was released by RCCL give or take a month ago or so. It appears Anthem of the Seas will be replacing Independence of the Seas. Indy currently spends about 6 months in Europe before doing a TA and spending about the same out of Port Everglades.

When I heard of this it made me a little more excited about the Quantum Class as there seems to be a lot about the ships I won't be thrilled about. But I know it's still way too early to jump to conclusions.

Since it will be close to home I will definitely take a vacation from work, drive to Port Everglades and enjoy a week or more on board Anthem to check out the new class.

I'm still patiently waiting to see which Oasis Class is going to call to Port Canaveral. And something interesting about that article is it talks of another terminal for Port Everglades. Wonder if this indicates the third Oasis Class will come to Fort Lauderdale, leaving two Oasis Class ships there while a third moves up to Port Canaveral... Then that begs the question of where the ef would the 4th one go?? Assuming they exercise the rights for it in the coming months/years though nothing is on order past 2017 at the moment...This covers Oasis III (Passion of the Seas I'm guessing), Quantum, Anthem and Quantum III (Ovation of the Seas I'm Guessing). We shall see! :D

Galveston will be getting a ship "larger than Voyager" about that same

time in 2015. The terminal is to be doubled in size, and supposedly the ship

channel has already been made adequate for the bigger ships.

This part is true, but which ship/size was not disclosed. This news was in a

Galveston newspaper as a 5 year agreement between RC and Galveston (or the port of Galveston) to have a ship there.

I guess now we wait for deployments to be announced.

Cruzin Lady

Yep, this info was released by RCCL give or take a month ago or so. It appears Anthem of the Seas will be replacing Independence of the Seas. Indy currently spends about 6 months in Europe before doing a TA and spending about the same out of Port Everglades. ...

The initial preliminary announcement mentioned that the ship will be all-season and will sail "longer" itineraries. I hope that means 10/11 nights like LG is doing this winter.:D

It appears that deployment info will be announced in late Feb.

Beth has some very good and knowledgeable sources of information about Royal Caribbean, but it is also the usual time when new deployment schedules begin to be released, so at the very least it is a good, educated guess.

Edited by negc

Galveston will be getting a ship "larger than Voyager" about that same

time in 2015. The terminal is to be doubled in size, and supposedly the ship

channel has already been made adequate for the bigger ships.

This part is true, but which ship/size was not disclosed. This news was in a

Galveston newspaper as a 5 year agreement between RC and Galveston (or the port of Galveston) to have a ship there.

I guess now we wait for deployments to be announced.

Cruzin Lady

So are you speculating that maybe Independence will be that ship? I know you don't know for sure but if Indy is "bumped" from Port Everglades, maybe it spends it's winters in Galveston?? :confused:

Boyntonbeth- Where did you get your information that deployment info will be realeased in late Feb, please?

On Oasis recently.

Beth has some very good and knowledgeable sources of information about Royal Caribbean, but it is also the usual time when new deployment schedules begin to be released, so at the very least it is a good, educated guess.

Thanks, Bill. You know that my lips are sealed!:eek: Hi to Rita.