Comparable to Celebrity?

Lightngsvt

Overall which cruise lines are either directly or most comparable to Celebrity and the Solstice Class ships in particular? My wife and I went on our first (my 4th) cruise last March for our 10th anniversary and are thinking about booking last minute for our anniversary again this year. Last year we did western Caribbean on the Silhouette and this year looking at Easter on the Reflection. But Im finding Celebrity's offering in the Caribbean to be a bit limited. We like the atmosphere, food, service and decor of the Silhouette and wonder if there is something similar (MSC, Princess, etc?) with a more varied itinerary? Definitely not into the "family cruises" like Carnival.

I also think Princess comes close, but keep in mind it is NOT Celebrity. There are definitely differences is the ships and offerings which DW and I are OK with but it's definitely not a clone to a Celebrity cruise.

I think you would really enjoy Princess and Holland America Line as well has beautiful ships with excellent service. The MSC ships look very beautiful but, I have read countless reviews of the constant announcements in different languages and that American travelers have not enjoyed this line.

Jonathan

Im afraid that we might have been spoiled by Celebrity, I really had zero complaints. Well the only thing is their caribbean itineraries seem a bit basic. Princess' seems to have slightly better itineraries. Who would be comparable but hit some of the more "exotic" ports?

Did you book Aqua Class for the restaurant Blu? I don't think the other ships come close..

However, I did hear that the one cruise line we have not tried was close if not better...Disney. They have an adult only area and have been told by many baby boomers that the food was very good. I know, I will too have to try it before I beleive it...but they swore it was better than Celebrity and the adult only area was fabulous.

MDR on Celebrity is IMHO not much different than Hal or Princess.

We cruise Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard.... We are elite on Princess and Celebrity.

Like Princess Mini suites, better than Celebrity Aqua Class or CC class cabin. We did not think BLU was worth the extra fare on X.

Like HAL cabins as well, they all have bath tubs vs showers.

Food and service in MDR better on Princess and HAL, both do a better job letting folks order off menu than X.

Cunard more formal, found food, service and entertainment superior to Princess, HAL, and Celebrity.