Check in time

bigguy6

I know Princess has gone to recomended, graduated check in times at Port Everglades. But apparently the majority of people are still arriving about 11;00 which makes for long lines. My question is at what time do these lines disappear? Is it thinned out by 1:00, 1:30, what? Also if you are platinum what happens if you arrive at these later times?

Since you don't want to wait in long lines then arrive at 1:30p.m.

Being Platinum is not as high as being ELITE. Elite gets on the ship before the Platinums.

Never arrive later than 2p.m. if you can help it. The ships prefer that you arrive by 2p.m. You will need to get ready for the Muster drill before the

ship leaves the port.

This is my advise based on what I have read on the embarkation rules.

I know Princess has gone to recomended, graduated check in times at Port Everglades. But apparently the majority of people are still arriving about 11;00 which makes for long lines. My question is at what time do these lines disappear? Is it thinned out by 1:00, 1:30, what? Also if you are platinum what happens if you arrive at these later times?

We just got home from a B2B on the Ruby and had the following experience.

Arrived on an early flight and took a taxi to the terminal pier 21 where the Ruby was docked. We got to the terminal about 0945 and there were lots of people still clearing the area and milling around.

We had no trouble finding a porter, one actually met our taxi and took our bags and I gave him a nice tip. He directed us to the entry door and we walked over and a lady inside briefly opened the door and said they would open at 1030. We met some nice folks while waiting and promptly at 1030 the door was opened and a nice gentlemen made sure that people did not crash the line and that preferred boarding went before the others.

Within 10 minutes we had our cruise cards and were seated in the preferred boarding area with only one couple in front of us.

By 1100 the initial rush was over and there was not a soul in the que waiting to get their cruise cards.

Boarding began exactly at noon and we were in our cabin as soon as we could walk to the aft of the ship.

Overall a very pleasant experience and disembarkation went just as smooth.

Mike:)

We prefer to get there early so that we can eat lunch in the dining room. We're still Platinum for one more cruise. When we embarked on the Ruby in December, there was just one long line to get into the terminal. Once they opened the doors, they directed us to an area for Platinum passengers. It was the row behind the Elite and suite passengers. When they started embarkation, they let on the people needing assistance, then the Elite and suite passengers, and then the people doing the "bon voyage experience" before letting on the Platinum passengers.

We were doing back-to-back cruises. On the turnaround day, we went to restock our wine after eating lunch in the dining room. When we left, there was still a line out the door. When we came back to the ship, around 1:30, there wasn't much of a wait at all to go through the security screening and declare our two bottles.

Those are the "recommended" check-in times and this has been the case for quite a while to help stagger people arriving to check in. It's usually thinned out after 12:30pm.

FLL is different from LA in that in LA, Elite board first. Don't think that's true in FLL where anyone with Priority boarding boards first. I think LA is the only port where Elite get priority over Platinum. At least it's the only port I've either experienced it or heard of it.

If the ship sails at 4pm, the check-in reps start leaving at about 3pm. You don't want to arrive any later than 3pm as you may be denied boarding. Whenever I've done a BVE and gone back out into the terminal at about 3:15, it's a ghost town with most of the reps and Security gone.

There should be less people.

Is it thinned out by 1:00, 1:30, what? Also if you are platinum what happens if you arrive at these later times?

Unless there is a delayed embarkation, the lines should be thinned out by 1:30. If there are no lines, being platinum does not matter. If there are lines, you will be directed to the priority check-in line which, depending on the number of platinum/elite/suite passengers, may be shorter or longer than the non-priority lines.

Those are the "recommended" check-in times and this has been the case for quite a while to help stagger people arriving to check in. It's usually thinned out after 12:30pm.

FLL is different from LA in that in LA, Elite board first. Don't think that's true in FLL where anyone with Priority boarding boards first. I think LA is the only port where Elite get priority over Platinum. At least it's the only port I've either experienced it or heard of it.

If the ship sails at 4pm, the check-in reps start leaving at about 3pm. You don't want to arrive any later than 3pm as you may be denied boarding. Whenever I've done a BVE and gone back out into the terminal at about 3:15, it's a ghost town with most of the reps and Security gone.

Hi Pam. We were pleasantly surprised on our 1/25/14 Crown cruise out of FLL. There was a separate waiting room upstairs for Elite and full Suite passengers. They let us board about 11:50. This is the first time that I have seen a separate waiting area for Elite/Suite at FLL.

Mike

The several times we have boarded in port everglades there has been separate lines for the elite and platinum with the elite being allowed to board first. We will know more on Sunday.

We were all lumped together on February 1st at pier 21 for the Ruby boarding.

Mike:)

Pam, not the case on January 18th on the Emerald in Port Everglades. Elites boarded right after the b2b's, and at the same time as the wheel chair/assisted using different gangways. Don't know how it was after that as we were already on board. The ship seemed full on the the 18th & 28th by 1pm, and other than some bus transfers didn't notice much activity after 1pm in the parking lot.