boo hiss. Carnival I am mad at you.

LaurieHoffman

Booked for a cruise leaving on March 23rd a few weeks ago. No early saver and booked and paid in full as it was less than 60 less out prior to sailing date. Now of course rates have plumented...:mad: I know I can't get on board credit or a rate reduction.

I called yesterday to try to get a different room - a few categories up. That room is still less than what I paid for my room. I am Platinum - this will be my 11th cruise with them.

I got nothing! I got a simple no - not gonna happen. :mad:

Actually shocked me as I have done this in the past. I honestly expected them to do it as the ship is fairly empty. The difference in price is 90.00 per person for a total of 180.00!! UGH! All I asked for was a room bump not on board credit.. Shame on you Carnival... shouldn't you take care of your Platinum guests too.

I have never received an upgrade, nor did I get a free cruise offered as many have recently gotten..

Booked for a cruise leaving on March 23rd a few weeks ago. No early saver and booked and paid in full as it was less than 60 less out prior to sailing date. Now of course rates have plumented...:mad: I know I can't get on board credit or a rate reduction.

I called yesterday to try to get a different room - a few categories up. That room is still less than what I paid for my room. I am Platinum - this will be my 11th cruise with them.

Actually shocked me as I have done this in the past. I honestly expected them to do it as the ship is fairly empty. The difference in price is 90.00 per person for a total of 180.00!! UGH! All I asked for was a room bump not on board credit.. Shame on you Carnival... shouldn't you take care of your Platinum guests too.

I have never received an upgrade, nor did I get a free cruise offered as many have recently gotten..

I would call back and speak to someone else....

I did same, booked a March cruise in Feb paid in full, but caught a price drop within 48 hours and they honored it under their lowest price guarantee. So I have $55 OBC already. Now I don't even want to check prices so that I'm not sad it it drops more...lol.

Don't feel too bad Disney, My cruise for march 29th on the Miracle has plummeted by 500 dollars for a room for four people. My total was $2738 dollars for the bowling alley balcony room 6232. The same category 8J is now selling for $2238 dollars and there is not a thing I can do but grin and bear it. With never knowing who may or may not go I don't have the flexibility to book early saver. I won't even call to try and get an upgrade because nothing is going to beat my 180 square feet balcony!

I just remembered this e-mail from my PVP after the last price adjustment:

"Not a problem you are welcome. Keep in mind you qualify for any lower fares until 2 days before your cruise leaves. So keep an eye out for more discounts."

You still have a lot of time before your cruise leaves. So, I wonder why they won't honor the lower fare?

I just remembered this e-mail from my PVP after the last price adjustment:

"Not a problem you are welcome. Keep in mind you qualify for any lower fares until 2 days before your cruise leaves. So keep an eye out for more discounts."

You still have a lot of time before your cruise leaves. So, I wonder why they won't honor the lower fare?

You had to have booked the Early Saver rate to get price drops until 2 days before cruising. I believe they honor price drops on other rates only until the final payment date.

Let me guess, you booked with a Carnival PVP didn't you?

Let me guess, you booked with a Carnival PVP didn't you?

Nope, actually I booked on my own online....

I will call tomorrow to see if I can get a different story. (assuming the pricing stays the same) Either way we will enjoy the cruise but moving from an inside to an outside would be better.

I just upgraded my cabin. My IS cabin is not more expensive than an OV. I tried to move to an OV but it was a downgrade and they said no.

Later, I found an IS cabin with an obstructed view and I was able to "upgrade" to it. Even though the price was lower on the obstructed view cabin, they would not give me a price adjustment. I spent 40+minutes on the phone with them while they worked it out. I did not want the price adjustment, I just wanted that cabin. It took so long because of technical problems not CCL not willing to make the switch. It was a win-win situation. CCL sells my IS cabin for the higher price and I got what I wanted to begin with. :D

Certainly call back and talk to someone else.

Nope, actually I booked on my own online.....

This could be the problem....This recently happened to me, and I called my PVP - she told me that any time I book something other than ES and I saw the rate reduced, just to call her and she would upgrade my cabin.

Yup I would definitely call back and speak to a different PVP. On my cruise in Sept the prices kept dropping and dropping and I called three different times and each time I called throughout the months I was given an upgraded cabin, by the end I had gone from an interior cabin to a balcony cabin. I don't know why they told you no, someone just didn't know what they were doing. Good luck and enjoy your cruise !! :)

Nope, actually I booked on my own online....

I will call tomorrow to see if I can get a different story. (assuming the pricing stays the same) Either way we will enjoy the cruise but moving from an inside to an outside would be better.

Same difference.

I had this same problem last year. There's a new rule they have on their site about not upgrading or something. I tried a few call backs and nothing worked, so irritating since I had booked an interior and the balcony at that time was cheaper! So I learned a lesson and this time booked less than two months before the cruise left, got a great price and OBC :)

So if the rates have gone up, would you have paid the higher rate?

So CCL is looking out for their shareholders and giving people exactly what they booked at the price they agreed upon and you take issue with that? $180 here,$180 there, gets me a bigger dividend.

I will think about that when I am on my free cruise in 3 weeks.