waited 45 minutes to talk to Celebity

travel1

Useful to know - how much are they charging per day for an upgrade in £ - I know its $11.50 per person at present if I wait until on the ship

We were charged £98.21 per person for a 14 night cruise. I have noticed on the web site that the drinks packages go up by over $5 per person per day after 17 Feb.

Every time we see one of these "customer service" related posts we just shake our head and think "when will they learn." After booking cruises for over forty years we have learned to simply book all of our cruises through some large online cruise agencies that have proven to us to always have excellent customer service. If we need to make any kind of changes (that we cannot do online) it is usually a quick phone call (toll free numbers) or a short e-mail and the issue is resolved. The Cruise Agency/Travel Agency industry is very competitive and the good ones survive by having excellent customer service. And by the way, another benefit is that you can always save money (sometimes thousands of dollars) by shopping around for the best overall deal. Cruise Agencies usually offer discounts and/or amenities (like On board credits, pre paid gratuities, etc) not available when you do a direct booking with a cruise line.

Hank

We were charged £98.21 per person for a 14 night cruise. I have noticed on the web site that the drinks packages go up by over $5 per person per day after 17 Feb.

Great thanks - will ring in the morning, certainly worth doing

I waited for 5mins on hold before also being hung up on. Waited till around noon today and then got thru in less than 5mins to upgrade bev pkg and specialty dining thru cruise enhancements dept. Also got thru to Capts Club bit later on without much of a wait. Their music and yadaya on hold gets old kinda quickly when you've got better things to do. Patience, it's all good in the end

Every time we see one of these "customer service" related posts we just shake our head and think "when will they learn." After booking cruises for over forty years we have learned to simply book all of our cruises through some large online cruise agencies that have proven to us to always have excellent customer service. If we need to make any kind of changes (that we cannot do online) it is usually a quick phone call (toll free numbers) or a short e-mail and the issue is resolved. The Cruise Agency/Travel Agency industry is very competitive and the good ones survive by having excellent customer service. And by the way, another benefit is that you can always save money (sometimes thousands of dollars) by shopping around for the best overall deal. Cruise Agencies usually offer discounts and/or amenities (like On board credits, pre paid gratuities, etc) not available when you do a direct booking with a cruise line.

Hank

Sorry Hank, but these customer service issues are exactly the reason we DON'T use an outside travel agency. The amenities are simply not worth not having control of my reservation, imho. As a matter of fact, my Celebrity cruise planner gave me her direct line....I guess it all depends who you get in either case.:)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I have tried for a week and a half to change my drink package before the cost increase. I have not gotten through yet! Horrible customer service, yesterday I was on hold for the shortest amount of time-22 minutes before I gave up. The weather is not the issue in Arkansas. I talked to a friend there on Saturday. Better work on it Celebrity. I am going to try again today.

I have tried for a week and a half to change my drink package before the cost increase. I have not gotten through yet! Horrible customer service, yesterday I was on hold for the shortest amount of time-22 minutes before I gave up. The weather is not the issue in Arkansas. I talked to a friend there on Saturday. Better work on it Celebrity. I am going to try again today.

Have you tried calling the Captains Club desk?

Yippppeee! I finally got a call back! I was on hold for 1 hour and 35 minutes until I gave up! I found the "call you back info" and tried it. It worked! I only went through 3 more people until I got a very nice fellow that helped me. I upgraded my beverage package from classic to premium. It was 11.50 per day more. I have tried online, telephone, etc.. For over 2 weeks. Celebrity needs to work on their communication with their guests. I even went through The Captain's Club. Still no luck but thank you so much for the suggestions. I am ready to board!

I also got through today to upgrade our drink package to premium. Tried a few times on the weekend used the call back but had to go our before they ever called back. Today was 45 min wait. I asked the best time to call and she said very early morning or late at night, she also suggested that 3 am works great, haha

Seems to me the problem isn't the call center being understaffed but the fact the web-site is difficult to use and not very user friendly. Look how many of the people calling are just upgrading their beverage package or booking a shore excursion.

IF these things were super simple on their web-site just think how many fewer people would be calling in.

I agree. It would be much easier ( besides having more staff!) if the website really worked : I still don't have access to my reservations with varying faulty messages - so I can't look at my reservation, book a beverage package or a shore excursion or make dinner arrangements.

As it has been impossible for days to reach customer service by e-mail or phone after sending several mails and hanging up the phone after impossibly long waiting times I'm starting to wonder if Celebrity is still interested in my money.

Before Celebrity closed its customer service here in Germany it worked perfectly. You could reach a Captain's Club representative, book a cruise, change a booking etc. in 5-10 minutes at the most. Well: it's MODERN LUXURY"...

And we have neither floodings nor snow storms but a perfectly early and mild spring... So it's obviously not the reason.

Sorry Hank, but these customer service issues are exactly the reason we DON'T use an outside travel agency. The amenities are simply not worth not having control of my reservation, imho. As a matter of fact, my Celebrity cruise planner gave me her direct line....I guess it all depends who you get in either case.:)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I have used the agencies when the perks were really good, but I agree with your point. My agency not only charges a cancellation fee above and beyond what Celebrity may charge (and always will charge, even before final payment), but they are not available on week-ends. These two issues make me hesitant to use them for all but the best sales. This is one of the biggest, most popular ones I am talking about. I suspect most of the big online ones are similar. There are pros and cons. Unless deals are fantastic, I much prefer going directly with Celebrity. We have never encountered serious customer service issues (although we always call the Captains Club line for any service at all)

I have known the CC call centers to use telecommuting during high volume periods where staff was "called in" and calls were routed to their home. You'd figure it be a no brainer during wave season that call centers would staff up to lessen hold times. A happy caller is a future cruiser and thus $ now and later.

Also Instead of long hold times a call back option may be better received by cruisers. My DW spent 20 minutes on hold only to be told by the CSR that she had to call back later due to an unnamed access problem with the computer. Another 20 minute hold and she explained to yet another CSR that there was a price drop due to a resident offer. My DW told me the CSR was very rude and insisted that the a new stateroom would be required. Not true. DW rarely complains (unlike grumpy ol' me) so the CSR must have been rude

The CSR just didn't want to help. It was a simple resident discount which could be applied to the price within that category.

I called back (33 minute hold) and spoke to another CSR who changed the price right away. It probably helped that I offered the CSR a sympathetic, pleasant and patient attitude. It's not their personal fault for long wait times.

In my experience it can be 90% hit and 10% miss with CSRs but the 10% sure can make you po'd can't they.

I never deal directly with them- I read with great surprise that the problem with getting them one the phone- and if so you are lucky to find a friendly person at the other end- is not only in germany. When you call out of germany - your call goes streight to the Netherlands to a call center there- unbelieveable. I suppose that as well has to do with the cost cutting they have to do- if they want to keep up with the " price drops" 1, 2 ,3 nonsense. Well I supose we have to get used to cuts more cuts until cruising is no longer the experience we all love. I one want´s cheap- well one get´s cheap!

Just tried calling Celebrity and the wait time is 69 minutes. No snow today in Kansas. No excuse for this wait time. Wanted to ask a question about an existing reservation.

Asked them to call me back and the time I requested for them to call me back has passed by over an hour.

I booked with Celebrity and not through a TA.

This is not good.

Yes, the recent storms are causing problems and many agents couldn't get to work at the Call center.

Imagine being short staffed... with all that is going on these days. :eek:

I would hope that anyone who has to call would keep these circumstances in mind, and be kind.

I seriously doubt it is weather. The past few times I have called Celebrity, I have never had less than a 20 minute wait, even when there weren't weather problems. I think that they have cut their staff to the bare bones.

Interestingly, I had to get transfered on 2 different occassions, and the transfer was instant. I don't know how they had a different agent available right away, when there wasn't one to take my initial call.

I fully agree - My problem still exists - none of my e-mails is answered - no phone call - exorbitant waiting times at the phone until I hang up exhausted and the result: NOTHING SOLVED.

I'm just waiting to board the ship in a few week's time to be told that -"Oh,we're so sorry" the excursions I wanted are sold out, dining times I want are waitlisted and the beverage packages have gone up in price.

Ever seen a middle-aged to elderly lady exploding with anger - that will be me...

Just tried calling Celebrity and the wait time is 69 minutes. No snow today in Kansas. No excuse for this wait time. Wanted to ask a question about an existing reservation.

Asked them to call me back and the time I requested for them to call me back has passed by over an hour.

I booked with Celebrity and not through a TA.

This is not good.

I also asked them to call me back through their telephone system and they did call me back with a 10 minutes delay... but now I've been on HOLD for the last 18 minutes!!!! This is not good.....

I just have to add myself to the list of disgruntled customers. I tried every way in the world to get through, for 2 weeks, no luck. I stayed on the phone for 1 1/2 hours-and-I live in Grand Cayman! I even tried the Captains Club, no luck. Finally I saw something about sending them a message to call you. You set the time on the same day. I couldn't believe it when they called! I was passed off two more times, but got the right person. When the agent saw that I was in Grand Cayman, she asked me how my weather was. I then asked her where she was and did she have snow? She said she was in Arkansas and no snow, beautiful weather. Celebrity needs to address this problem pronto!

Last week, I tried twice to get someone and gave up after waiting so long! Today, though, I had to hold for ten minutes, and I wish I had got the assistant's name because she was so efficient and nice to boot. I guess I was lucky.

We call 3 times yesterday to pay for the cruise as website wouldn't take the cc info. the wait was 84 minutes first time (7:30 am PST) didn't wait then we called Captain's club the wait time was 30 minutes but for some reason was told she couldn't help and the third time was 45 minutes!

This is our 3rd cruise with Celebrity but first time booking direct with them. If this is what we can expect whenever we call we may have to re-think. I have to say we have booked direct with Princess for several cruises and never had to wait for more than 10 minutes. It was also the reason we thought to try to book direct with Celebrity this time.

I think they have gotten their act together but not hanging my hat on it.

I needed to make a booking Monday morning. I couldn't remember if the phone line opened at 8:00 EST or 8:00 CST. I am CST. So I called at 7:30 a.m. CST really expecting to get the recording they don't open until 8:00. I was going to be ready to hit redial starting at 7:55. Between their previous holds and the last week of 1-2-3 promotion, I was ready to "camp." Even lined up DH to baby sit the speaker phone while I got dressed.

I got a live body instantly! I hadn't even had time to bring their web site up yet. When I mentioned that I expected to be put on hold and to give me a minute to bring up the web site (and deck plans), she said they had extended their hours because of the heavy traffic.

So maybe they do listen to us.

Oh happy day!

Tucker in Texas

I rang Celebrity and Captains club in the UK yesterday and the phone was answered quickly both times :) a week ago it was a nightmare when my daughter was trying to ring.

My TA spent most of Friday ringing them for me (about a price drop on a cruise I'd booked) she rang them three times and each time was on hold for almost an hour :( poor girl I was in and out of meetings all day and on different phone numbers, so was difficult to reach, she did a great job though :D I couldn't have spent the time ringing them myself and by Saturday the price had gone up again!

Edited by DebbieMacG