Oceania Suite Questions

Aloha 1

We have a Oceania Suite booked for our upcoming cruise on Riviera. A couple questions, probably to be answered by Jim and Stan :D

First, what is the "Concierge Level Internet Benefit" listed on our Oceania confirmation? Second, we get a Suite package of 6 bottles of spirits. What are they, can we select our own, and what are we talking about, i.e.: 750ML, 1L?

Final question, regarding the Prestige Beverage package. If you wish to have a beverage, say a single malt scotch or XO cognac, not on the list, is there a differential you can pay or do you pay full price? As an example, on Celebrity, if one purchases the Premium beverage package and you find a drink that would cost $10 more than what is allowed, you simply pay the difference.

Thanks, in advance for any and all answers.

We have a Oceania Suite booked for our upcoming cruise on Riviera. A couple questions, probably to be answered by Jim and Stan :D

Final question, regarding the Prestige Beverage package. If you wish to have a beverage, say a single malt scotch or XO cognac, not on the list, is there a differential you can pay or do you pay full price? As an example, on Celebrity, if one purchases the Premium beverage package and you find a drink that would cost $10 more than what is allowed, you simply pay the difference.

Not Jimandstan but thought I'd try anyway.

No differential, it is included or it is not, no math needed. As I recall some single malts are excluded but almost everything else is. There is mention on the info on board that there are such exceptions. Do not mention on this publicly that XO is included or, like the disappearing champagne it might be removed, or like some main stream lines might start a dollar limit (shudder) or start a longer of exclusions. That uncertainty would put me off. They buy it duty free so cost is not the issue just if they think including it cuts into sales. Like I said, please keep the fact that you can savour an XO after dinner just between us.

Edited by YoHoHo

First, what is the "Concierge Level Internet Benefit" listed on our Oceania confirmation? Second, we get a Suite package of 6 bottles of spirits. What are they, can we select our own, and what are we talking about, i.e.: 750ML, 1L?

The Internet benefit is a discount off of an internet package, I think 10 or 20 %. The 6 bottles of spirits is for your in suite use. They give you a menu and you can pick out which ones you want. There are no Single Malt scotches on the list. Johnny Walker Red or Dewars is the best I saw on the list for a scotch. Personally I'll drink something else like rum or vodka before I drink those. There are a lot of different vodka choices on it. Most of the bottles are liters but a few are 750ml. I think we got a Di Saronna that was a 750ml. There are also wines on the list you can choose.

As far as that list for the "in suite" liquor you can order, it's quite an extensive list. You also are free to go all booze or all wine if you choose. When they started this system you got a set group of four bottles (gin, vodka, rum and scotch I THINK) plus two bottles of wine, one red and one white. But now you can select your own.

They do now have bourbon on the list as well.

Mura

There are no Single Malt scotches on the list. Johnny Walker Red or Dewars is the best I saw on the list for a scotch. Personally I'll drink something else like rum or vodka before I drink those.

You, sir, are a man after my own heart! I wholeheartedly agree. :)

• 2 weeks later...
As far as that list for the "in suite" liquor you can order, it's quite an extensive list. You also are free to go all booze or all wine if you choose. When they started this system you got a set group of four bottles (gin, vodka, rum and scotch I THINK) plus two bottles of wine, one red and one white. But now you can select your own.

They do now have bourbon on the list as well.

Mura

Mura

Do you wait until you are onboard to order the liquor or able to handle this before boarding the ship?

Thanks, Jan, because I didn't know! We've only had that benefit twice and the first time we didn't get to make the selection ourselves; the second time we just did it on the day we boarded. But it makes sense that you could order ahead of time.

Mura

The "bottle list" didn't exist when we had our Oceania Suite but we got a 1l bottle of Whiskey, Gin, Vodka and Rum. We asked if we could swop the Vodka for the Rum. No problem. The white wine was Sauvingnon Blanc which we hate and again we asked to swop it for Chardonnay. No problem. Seems to me that the bottle list is an excellent idea because it eliminates all this need for "swopping".

The Oceania suite is beautiful! Well worth the cost. I would like to have taken the bathroom home with me!

The "bottle list" didn't exist when we had our Oceania Suite but we got a 1l bottle of Whiskey, Gin, Vodka and Rum. We asked if we could swop the Vodka for the Rum. No problem. The white wine was Sauvingnon Blanc which we hate and again we asked to swop it for Chardonnay. No problem. Seems to me that the bottle list is an excellent idea because it eliminates all this need for "swopping".

The Oceania suite is beautiful! Well worth the cost. I would like to have taken the bathroom home with me!

We got the list for OS and VS yesterday. Lots of choices. Our TA turned in our requests to O so we'll see how that works in April.

My recollection regarding the liquor set-up in the top suites is that when it was first started the party line was that no substitutions could be made. But relatively early on it was stated here that you could -- through the butler, I think. And certainly that's the case now.

Mura

Can you scan the list and post it? If not, I can provide you with my email address if you don't mind sending it my way.

Are you staying in a OS or VS?

We are in an OS. Here's the list. Enjoy!

W I N E

WHITE

Hoffman Family Cellars Chardonnay, 401k,

Sonoma, California

La Terre Chardonnay, Australia

Peter Lehmann Chardonnay, Barossa, Australia

Laboure-Roi Pouilly Fuisse, Vallon d’or,

Burgundy, France

L. Kreusch Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling,

Spätlese, Mosel, Germany

Trinity Oaks, Pinot Grigio, California

Nobilo Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc,

Marlborough, New Zealand

RED

The Hess Collection Allomi Vineyard

Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California

Murrieta’s Well Nautica, California

Frescobaldi Castiliogni Sangiovese, Chianti,

Tuscany, Italy

Francois Lurton Merlot, Entre-Deux-Mers,

Bordeaux, France

Spellbound Merlot by Michael Mondavi,

Napa Valley, California

Backhouse, Pinot Noir, California

Greg Norman Shiraz, Limestone Coast, Australia

Whis k y

Ballantine’s Finest

Canadian Club

Chivas Regal

Crown Royal

Cutty Sark

Dewar’s White Label

Famous Grouse

Haig Dimple

J&B Rare

Johnnie Walker Red

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Seagram’s V.O.

Tangle Ridge Canadian Whiskey

B O U R B O N

Bookers Noe Bourbon

Jack Daniels Black

Knob Creek Bourbon

Maker’s Mark Bourbon

Old Grand Dad

Wild Turkey 101 Proof 8 Years

G I N

Beefeater Dry

Boodles Gin

Gordon’s Gin

Tanqueray Gin

Van Gogh Gin

R U M

Bacardi Lemon

Bacardi Light

Bacardi Orange

Bacardi Select Dark

Captain Morgan Spiced

Malibu Coconut Liqueur

Mount Gay Eclipse

Pisco

As a guest in an Owner’s, Vista or Oceania Suite,

we are pleased to present you with a

complimentary in-suite bar setup.

Please select up to 6 bottles of Wine and spirits for

enjoyment in yo ur suite. Your butler will provide

yo ur selections from the Wines and spirits listed.

Vodk a

42 Below New Zealand Vodka

Absolut Citron

Absolut Kurant

Absolut Mandarin

Absolut Peppar

Absolut Vanilla

Absolut Vodka

Belvedere Vodka

Blavod Black Vodka

Chopin Potato Vodka

Fris Vodka Bar Bottle

Grey Goose Orange Vodka

Ketel One Vodka

Level Vodka by Absolut

Pearl Canadian Vodka

Skyy Vodka

Smirnoff Vodka

Stolichnaya Vodka

Van Gogh Espresso Vodka

Van Gogh Chocolate Vodka

Van Gogh Citron Vodka

Van Gogh Orange Vodka

Van Gogh Pineapple Vodka

Van Gogh Raspberry Vodka

Van Gogh Vanilla Vodka

Van Gogh Wild Apple Vodka

Van Gogh Vodka

Vox Vodka

T E Q U I L A

Gran Centenario Anejo

Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold

Tequila Margaritaville Silver

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS

Hennessy VS

V ermouth

Martini Sweet Vermouth

Martini & Rossi, Extra Dry

Noilly Prat Vermouth

L iqueur

Amaretto di Saronno

Bailey’s Irish Cream

Frangelico

Grand Marnier

Limoncello

Tia Maria

We also appreciate the list. We're staying in a Vista suite later this year and, after reading the list, wonder why we purchased the premium liquor package. Actually, we don't typically drink in our suite and prefer going to the lounge. May need to rethink this:)

Are you talking about the liquor set-up in the top suites or liquor you purchased and brought on board? It never occurred to me to take away unused liquor that the ship gave me but I have taken home wine or liquor that I myself purchased and didn't drink. I doubt they'd search your luggage, though. I gave my unused liquor set-up to friends we'd met on the cruise who were staying on for the next cruise.

Mura

Are you talking about the liquor set-up in the top suites or liquor you purchased and brought on board? It never occurred to me to take away unused liquor that the ship gave me but I have taken home wine or liquor that I myself purchased and didn't drink. I doubt they'd search your luggage, though. I gave my unused liquor set-up to friends we'd met on the cruise who were staying on for the next cruise.

Mura

Maura, what a great idea. Personally I would never schlep any of the bottles off the ship.

You can bring any of their unopened bottles home as long as you do not exceed the customs limit and declare them properly.

Wiks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

We are cruising in a week on the Insignia Greek and Turkish classics in an owners suite. How do you go about pre-ordering the liquor. There was nothing in the cruise documents about this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums