Just booked 1st Princess cruise...NERVOUS!!

mjrich73

No need to be nervous. It's a great itinerary, great ship and you're traveling with a Cruise Line that will literally help you "Escape Completely".

There's a lot of posts and reviews of this ship on the board right now. Knowledge is power.

Relax and start planning a great vacation!!

Norris

We just booked our 1st Princess cruise, sailing on the Caribbean Princess on March 22nd out of Houston. I am so excited, but nervous. I am rushing to find out all I can about this ship and excursions :D

We sailed on 12/7 and had a great time. I took the Tulum excursion with Princess (glad I did since we were late getting back), cave-tubing with Charlie Chan's in Belize and a catamaran/snorkeling tour with Free Radical in Roatan. A great time was had by all. The CB was well maintained and the crew was great.

Why are you nervous?

I usually take months to plan out my cruises/excursions...We just booked today and we leave in 33 days :eek: I am trying to learn all about a new cruise line and hopefully find some great excursions still available.

I usually take months to plan out my cruises/excursions...We just booked today and we leave in 33 days :eek: I am trying to learn all about a new cruise line and hopefully find some great excursions still available.

I'm like you -- I get nervous about everything new, even if it's something I'm keenly excited to be doing. I don't like change in advance; I only like it once I've plunged into it (maybe "plunge" is a bad choice of verb when talking about sailing . . . )!

That said, click here: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/index.jsp

If you read through this, I think the sheer volume of information will help you relax a little. It'll answer some of the basic questions about what you can expect on Princess. Then definitely look for Bimmer's review of the CB, which is either on this first page or page 2 of this board -- it's got lots of cool photos and videos, which should get you more good excited and not scared excited!

Welcome to cruising.. Great way to see the world.. IF you like the Princess lines then while on board... go to future cruise desk and ask about and buy several 'future cruise deposits' See how you will DOUBLE your money.. also while there ask questions about the CCL Stocks... Carnival owns princess and Holland America plus a few more... IF you buy at least 100 shares of stock - MORE on board credit.. Plus, do you have any Military back ground??? MORE on board credit.

We have now cruise 6 times on Princess, now Platinum - some FREE internet min.. Wife now wants to make Elite so she can have FREE laundry and dry cleaning..

Lots to learn and its all FUN

Enjoy

........... Then definitely look for Bimmer's review of the CB, which is either on this first page or page 2 of this board -- it's got lots of cool photos and videos, which should get you more good excited and not scared excited!

FWIW, I would agree with rdsqrl that you should read Bimmer09's review and here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976282

:cool:

No need to be nervous. It's a great itinerary, great ship and you're traveling with a Cruise Line that will literally help you "Escape Completely".

Now they help you "Come Back New". :D

I agree with the others. Relax, throw some clothes in a bag, and go enjoy your cruise. The only reason we stress when packing for our cruise is our over-the-top photography addiction, which is a huge challenge when going on an Alaska cruise. ;)

No need to be nervous. Princess is a great cruise line! Be sure to check out the International Café at the Piazza. It's open 24 hours a day with different selections at different times of the day. Just about everything was free the last time we cruised on the Caribbean Princess at the IC. I think just the getatto was for a fee. Enjoy your cruise with Princess!

While Princess is our FAVORITE cruise line, we do cruise on others from time to time.

Princess always provides a great "All Around" cruise experience which works quite well for most.

Look forward to having a FANTASTIC time on your Princess cruise. :D

LuLu

~~~

No need to be nervous. Princess is a great cruise line! Be sure to check out the International Café at the Piazza. It's open 24 hours a day with different selections at different times of the day. Just about everything was free the last time we cruised on the Caribbean Princess at the IC. I think just the getatto was for a fee. Enjoy your cruise with Princess!

btw, no gelato on the Caribbean Princess.:(

Have you chosen your excursions yet? You can do so on your "My Booking (Cruise Personalizer)" site and reserve them prior to boarding. You can cancel up to 24 hours prior to taking the excursion and you do not pay until after you take the excursion. The cost will be on your final bill.

I would highly recommend you do this as an excursion you may want to take may be completely filled by the time you board the ship.

We just booked our 1st Princess cruise, sailing on the Caribbean Princess on March 22nd out of Houston. I am so excited, but nervous. I am rushing to find out all I can about this ship and excursions :D

If any one that you are traveling with was in the military (does not have to be career) there is a on board credit for the person. I think a 7 night cruise is $100.

If any one that you are traveling with was in the military (does not have to be career) there is a on board credit for the person. I think a 7 night cruise is $100.

How do you get that credit? Just call the cruise line and let them know you were military? Or just bring a copy of your papers?

I'm on the March 22nd cruise, too. We have an active Roll Call here if you'd like to join:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913364

I'm a big-time planner so I understand your nerves, but this is an easy itinerary and you're going to have a great time. Visit the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website to let them know any special requests, and don't forget to sign up for the excursions you want as they do tend to sell out. You can always cancel them when you get on board if you change your mind.

There is also a lot of good info on the Ports of Call section here on CC. Just go to Ports of Call, Caribbean, and a list of ports will come up. Choose from the list the port you're interested in. Many people post about excursions they've taken there so you can get good advice.

How do you get that credit? Just call the cruise line and let them know you were military? Or just bring a copy of your papers?

Yes, call Princess. They will email you the military benefit request form. You have to send it back with a copy of your DD-214 (or whatever it asks for). They'll attach it to your Captain's Circle number and you'll get the OBC every time you sail. In general, it has to be done at least 2 weeks before the cruise...