Britannia preview website

Monorail Orange

If you look at the Britannia preview video
at 38 seconds in there appears to be a smaller than usual screen behind the second funnel away from the main pools.

Thanks, will look now :)

There is another pool on the same deck. They played loud music there every day as well. That only left the stern pool area which was tiny, so we ended up at the very top instead. The seascreen noise is unbelievable and I still think that wireless headsets would solve this problem.

There is another pool on the same deck. They played loud music there every day as well. That only left the stern pool area which was tiny, so we ended up at the very top instead. The seascreen noise is unbelievable and I still think that wireless headsets would solve this problem.

I think that is a good idea - have had a look at the video and the screen seems to be at the back. As someone who loves aft cabins does this mean this is where the noise will be?

Perhaps I'm just getting old when I just want peace and quiet and to hear the sound of the sea when I'm at sea.............

Hmm, just from memory, I don't remember it being at the stern. I'm sure it was more midships.

Are you referring to the Britannia? What other pool are you referring to if it is?

I think that is a good idea - have had a look at the video and the screen seems to be at the back. As someone who loves aft cabins does this mean this is where the noise will be?

Perhaps I'm just getting old when I just want peace and quiet and to hear the sound of the sea when I'm at sea.............

I agree. This summer I am sailing on the Star Flyer (Star Clippers) again. Nothing but the sound of the sea and the wind in the sails. Magic!

I agree. This summer I am sailing on the Star Flyer (Star Clippers) again. Nothing but the sound of the sea and the wind in the sails. Magic!

That sounds amazing ---- I love the sea, just the sound if it chills me out. ;) I'm off to check their website now!

Edited by Presto2

So sad to see such negativity about a ship that is a year away from it's maiden cruise and based on limited images and video, all taken from plans and not actuality. Maybe the pessimists will be proved to be correct but why not wait until next year when passengers can tell us first hand of their experiences? Don't forget, travelling on Britannia is not compulsory.

There are some on here and other forums that seem to love to knock certain ships that are not to their taste I think they think that the ship should be designed purely to suit them which is an impossible task. Whether we like it or not large ships 3000+ passengers seems to be the way major cruiselines all seem to be going so that they can be competitive with pricing. If its not the music too loud or over crowded ships they will always find something to moan about but you cannot please everybody when 3000+ passengers are onboard. We love Azura and the seascreen but if I looked hard enough there would be something I dont like but its easy enough to avoid. If you dont like large ships go on the smaller ships and be prepared to pay higher prices you cant have it always.

I totally agree with (pete14) and (shilly3191). This thread appears to be becoming no more than a sounding board for members to vent their likes and dislikes on P&O’s new ship Britannia. How they can make such rational judgments about colour schemes, layouts, noise levels etc., from a set of computer aided animations and schematics is beyond me.

I have been a travel writer for many years, seen many ships come and go, sailed on both large and small ships, encountered a plethora of standards and facilities, so I know a bit about this industry. Well my publishers would appear to agree with that. So I will once more agree with (shilly3191). The 3000+ passenger ships are here to stay, due to the simple matter of economics. British based cruise lines are amongst the last cruise lines to follow this trend.

I would suggest that if the class ridden British cruise fraternity don’t like this trend then they must be prepared to pay premium prices to sail on smaller ships, or to lower their standards and sail with the three and two star lines with rusty window frames and water ingress.

Give Britannia a chance; she will no doubt surprise you all.

Sorry, I didn't come on here to talk about what I don't like - my question was to ask about the big screen as I was curious. If it has one I won't sail - simple. The rest of the conversations were just chat about what we like and don't like --------- I had thought that was allowed on here. I was also under the impression that sometimes the cruise lines check these sites out, so saying what you think doesn't do any harm.

We have thought the ship looks really nice, but I like to do my research so that we end up on a holiday (which will cost a lot on money) that we will like. Asking questions and sharing views on CC has always been part of the decision re where and when we cruise and with which cruise line and ship.

Will sign off this thread now - being 'got at' on the threads stresses me out and isn't what this site should be about. Freedom of speech and all that :(

Surely just because a ship has a seascreen doesn't mean you can't sail on it. We have sailed on Ventura twice and would have never sat around the main pool with the music etc but never had a problem finding a quiet area. We never heard any noise at all. I expect Britannia to have quiet areas too. It would be a shame if this is all that is stopping you.

Presto2, I did not mean to offend but until the cruises go on public sale on Thursday 27th March, everyone and I mean everyone can only speculate about what the public areas of Britannia will consist of or look like and even then, for the first year you will have to put up with computer generated drawings and floor plans.

I get all the press releases from Carnival’s head office at 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton and have a ‘PR’ contact there as well, but even with my contacts I find that P&O Carnival, like most other cruise operators, are very careful about releasing information, prior to sales release date. P&O, unfortunately, have this rather wishy washy method of pre-registration with financial tie-ins to secure early sales.

At this moment in time the marketing department are working around the clock to prepare as much information, brochures and web site data in readiness for the 27th March.

As for all the comments regarding what is shown, or not shown, on the animation of Britannia, I would just say that, as far as I am led to believe, the screen, which is visible on the animation behind the rear funnel, is on the wall of the sports court.

However, I again state that this is just an animation. For example it shows the funnels as being painted in a shade of orange when it has already been painted P&O blue as shown on a photo I saw of one of the funnels being taken out of the fabrication shed at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Malfalcone.

Surely just because a ship has a seascreen doesn't mean you can't sail on it.

Good point. I personally don't like the idea of the screen but it wouldn't stop me from going on a ship. Its horses for courses after all. I'm teetotal but all those bars don't put me off.... :)

Take a close look at the stern of Britannia in the animation and see if you can spot the discrepancies between the animation and the deck plans.

I'm curious, have we see any deck plans yet, or is that all yet to be announced?

There are deck plans available but only showing passenger cabins. Everything else is a blank white space!.

as the ship has now been floated out i would have thought the design of all the public areas has been finalised and proper deck plans woul;d help in selling cruises.

In case someone can’t work out what the discrepancy is, let me explain.

The animation clearly shows eight stern balcony separating bulkheads whilst the published cabin deck plans show six on all decks except Deck B which should only have four.

Clearly the animation is not original but has been based on the “Royal Princess” animation.

This should be a warning for not taking anything to literally at this point in time.

There are deck plans available but only showing passenger cabins. Everything else is a blank white space!.

as the ship has now been floated out i would have thought the design of all the public areas has been finalised and proper deck plans woul;d help in selling cruises.

Thanks for the reply. :) I suppose they're keeping their cards close to their chests until some sort of big reveal.

You're right though, it does seem daft now that she's on the water and we're still waiting to see what's on offer.

All in good time though I suppose. ;)

Thanks for the reply. :) I suppose they're keeping their cards close to their chests until some sort of big reveal.

You're right though, it does seem daft now that she's on the water and we're still waiting to see what's on offer.

All in good time though I suppose. ;)

It all depends on how many bits they have left after they finish;), and where they decide to stick them.:eek:;)