Crab shack on emerald

bigguy6

Some one on these boards indicated that as of a couple weeks ago Cafe Caribe on the Emerald was converted into the Crab Shack on a couple nights during the cruise. Is this true and if so how does that work? Is there waiter service? Is there an up charge like a specialty restaurant? If Cafe Caribe is not a buffet those nights how does it affect the Horizon Court on those night (i.e. more crowded)? Also , it is my understanding that the Crab Shack is similar to Joes Crab Shacks on land (i.e. buckets of seafood) is that correct?

Some one on these boards indicated that as of a couple weeks ago Cafe Caribe on the Emerald was converted into the Crab Shack on a couple nights during the cruise. Is this true and if so how does that work? Is there waiter service? Is there an up charge like a specialty restaurant? If Cafe Caribe is not a buffet those nights how does it affect the Horizon Court on those night (i.e. more crowded)? Also , it is my understanding that the Crab Shack is similar to Joes Crab Shacks on land (i.e. buckets of seafood) is that correct?

Hi:

This information is correct, and the upcharge is $20 pp. We asked about the fare, which was mostly steamer shellfish. We felt it would not be worth it, and passed, so can't comment on the setup...

Regards, Ned

On Dave's Royal thread, there are some lovely pictures of the Crab Shack on Page 20, but there is no menu posted. I got as far as page 40 before I gave up (he'd alread departed the ship by then). Just a lovely hour spent searching through Dave's thread...:(

On Dave's Royal thread, there are some lovely pictures of the Crab Shack on Page 20, but there is no menu posted. I got as far as page 40 before I gave up (he'd alread departed the ship by then). Just a lovely hour spent searching through Dave's thread...:(

Where and how did you get the sea turtle image? Really like it!

We just came off the Feb 7th/Emerald sailing. Went to crab shack once-

LOVED it. Wish we had figured it out sooner, would have gone twice.!!!!

Manager there, Dennis, very accomodating. Wait staff very professional.

Atmosphere , food was delicious, well worth the 20.00 /person charge.

Four of us at dinner. Each couple ordered just one entree. I was

skeptical about that, but the waiter was so right. One entree was enough

for two. We had some left in our dish that went back and that included

King Crab Legs. My favorite, but just a LOT of food. I m sure if you wanted a second entree , they would bring it. Under 'normal' circumstances at home, Im sure one entree could have fed 4 easily.

Do it, make reservations. You won't regret it. I think it was on 'select'

nights, so ask ahead of time.

Is this on any other ships besides Royal, Regal and Emerald?

Thanks

It was on the Ruby February 10th but not very good.

The king crab legs were filled with mush, so much so that you could not remove the meat in one piece.

I suspect they had been frozen for months. This was the first evening of Crab Shack on the Ruby. Hopefully it will improve.

Mike

Hi:

This information is correct, and the upcharge is $20 pp. We asked about the fare, which was mostly steamer shellfish. We felt it would not be worth it, and passed, so can't comment on the setup...

Regards, Ned

While I didn't try it on the a Royal, I walked by it and saw what was offered. I wasn't too impressed with what was being served. I still might try it on the Emerald in October just to say I tried it once.....:):):)

Bob

We just came off the Feb 7th/Emerald sailing. Went to crab shack once-

LOVED it. Wish we had figured it out sooner, would have gone twice.!!!!

Manager there, Dennis, very accomodating. Wait staff very professional.

Atmosphere , food was delicious, well worth the 20.00 /person charge.

Four of us at dinner. Each couple ordered just one entree. I was

skeptical about that, but the waiter was so right. One entree was enough

for two. We had some left in our dish that went back and that included

King Crab Legs. My favorite, but just a LOT of food. I m sure if you wanted a second entree , they would bring it. Under 'normal' circumstances at home, Im sure one entree could have fed 4 easily.

Do it, make reservations. You won't regret it. I think it was on 'select'

nights, so ask ahead of time.

How do you go about making reservations for the Crab Shack? Can you make them the first day? Where?

Going to have a busy first hour when I first get on board this Thursday; Run to Sanctuary and hope I get lucky and there is availability for cruise length passes, then off to the thermal suite, now I need to make reservations for the Crab Shack, all before I put down my carry on, or grab a bite to eat.:)

I hope someone else will go soon and report back on the king crab.

I know it has to get better than what we had on the Ruby two weeks ago as I think that had been frozen since Princess launched the original Pacific Princess.

Mike:)

I hope someone else will go soon and report back on the king crab.

I know it has to get better than what we had on the Ruby two weeks ago as I think that had been frozen since Princess launched the original Pacific Princess.

We might try on the Emerald in a couple of weeks :D

Did you actually have King Crab?...all the photos and menus that I have seen show Snow Crab.

It would be great to have King, instead. Too much work getting the small amount of meat from the snow's legs.

Yes we had king crab and lots of it. For the two of us we had two large claws and an additional 6-8 legs. Needless to say I was very excited when they brought it out. I didn't see any snow crab anywhere. (thank goodness)

Mike;

King crab sounds great. I just might have to try the CS in October.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Call the Dine Line, or just go up to Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe area and ask

to speak to a supervisor. Check with Dennis there, he starts at 4 pm.

Yes King Crab Leg, my favorite !!! Our friends had their bucket with snow

crab / mussels and more.

We loved it, just sorry we didn't do it more than once :(

Sherri