Explorer skate show by muster

Ruthie1017

Since attendance for the skating show is based on your muster number, how will that work for my group of ten, who will have varying muster stations? Will we be allowed in together if at least some of us have the corresponding number? Thanks in advance!

I have no idea where you got the idea that skate show tickets are given out by muster number. Every cruise I have been on the tickets have been available at Guest services or for collection at a pre-announced time elsewhere. Is it different on Explorer?

ETA and the tickets aren't numbered.... open seating.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Since attendance for the skating show is based on your muster number, how will that work for my group of ten, who will have varying muster stations? Will we be allowed in together if at least some of us have the corresponding number? Thanks in advance!

Where did you ever hear that? It is not

The last few cruises on the Explorer have been by muster number. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone says there is no problem getting into any of the shows.

It's much better than the ticket system ever was - I remember standing in long lines to get tickets. I also remember leaving dinner one time so I could get tickets.

If you are concerned I'd stop by guest services to see what they can do for your group. Don't worry about it now - just put it on your "to do" for the ship.

Not sure where you got the impression that skating show tickets are somehow connected to your muster statiion number. They aren't and you will be admitted in the order that you arrive assuming you have reservations if you don't make reservations you are most likely going to be admitted shortly before the show begins Aside from a section of seats set aside for suite guests and Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members, seating is on a first come first served basis

Edited by negc

The responses tell me it is handled differently on different RCL ships. I was also on the Navigator in Nov and I just can't remember how it was done - my impression is that it was also by muster station number on that ship. However, I distinctly remember it being by muster station number on the EX and thinking that it was a much better way to do it given my previous experiences with the ticket lines. There are a lot of repeat cruisers like me on the EX who have seen the ice shows a lot so they are not a priority activity for us.

On our Jan. 31st sailing on the Explorer, it was by muster station. I think it was two different sea days at 2 pm (or maybe 10 am-I can't remember) and 4 pm. They told us that if you would be unable to attend on your day/time to just come when you wanted. They would not turn you away, but preference would be given to those who were scheduled for that show.

We had already seen the show on previous sailings, so we chose not to go this time. Being that the Explorer has many repeat passengers, I'm sure a lot of folks don't go every time.

I don't think you'll have a problem. Have a wonderful time!:)

Sent from my VS870 4G using Forums mobile app

Edited by Rosie603

I apologize for my previous comment. Guess you learn something new every day. We were just on Liberty and have been to Ice shows on various other RCI shows and this is the first I have ever heard of muster stations being a factor in determining when a guest should go to the ice shows. Perhaps this is an experiment and is limited in its application at this time. I'm not sure how muster station assignments figure into the equation of admitting guests to the show, but since it still appears that at some point before the show begins, anyone can be admitted, it probably doesn't matter that much. Sounds to me like some "efficiency expert" ran amok and came up with this idea.:rolleyes:

Where do you get the tickets?

No tickets. On your scheduled time and date, just show up with your SeaPass card. That is your ticket. Those hoping for the extra seats wait in a standby line - no tickets either. The performances were on sea days on our 9 day cruise. We found it very convenient this way. Reminders of show times were in the Cruise Compass.

No tickets. On your scheduled time and date, just show up with your SeaPass card. That is your ticket. Those hoping for the extra seats wait in a standby line - no tickets either. The performances were on sea days on our 9 day cruise. We found it very convenient this way. Reminders of show times were in the Cruise Compass.

I have read posts from several people who liked the system. I still can't fathom how people like being assigned to a show time instead of picking the time that they prefer. And I certainly would not appreciate going standby and risking either not getting in or having a choice of the left over seats. There are definitely obstruction issues in Sudio B because of supporting posts in the room.

Thank you 138east for your input and not doubting me.

I'm not sure its a matter of doubting you, I think its just new information to many - like me for example. We've never experienced this before and the last two times we were on Explorer (7/12 & 12/12) this was not in effect. But in reading other posts apparently that may have changed, but it must be a relatively recent change and the first I've ever heard of it. It also was not the case with our more recent cruises over the past 12 months on other ships.

I'm not sure its a matter of doubting you, I think its just new information to many - like me for example. We've never experienced this before and the last two times we were on Explorer (7/12 & 12/12) this was not in effect. But in reading other posts apparently that may have changed, but it must be a relatively recent change and the first I've ever heard of it. It also was not the case with our more recent cruises over the past 12 months on other ships.

It may be new information to some but some of those folks don't have to be quite so snarky in their responses just because they have never encountered the method before.

I know it's at least listed in the Compass.

IMO it's a whole lot easier. When I traveled with my elderly mother, she loved the ice show so getting tickets was a priority. Ticket lines were frequently long. Ticket distribution started in the middle of early seating dinner. One time shows were cancelled due to rough seas and getting replacement tickets was another awful line because they changed each ticket by hand!!

The ice show is no longer a novelty for many cruisers so attendance has eased up and RCL has adjusted the process. Good for them! The feedback has been that there is no problem getting into the shows. The few times I've popped in it was not full.

Just out of curiosity, how does a passenger find this out if they've never been on Explorer before? Do they make announcements, signs, stateroom flier?

Besides the Cruise Compass, the Cruise Director will talk about it before/after shows.

Besides the Cruise Compass, the Cruise Director will talk about it before/after shows.

Duh! That's funny. I'm so used to the way things are done, I rarely even look at the Compass anymore. How bad am I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk