MDR breakfast

• 3 weeks later...

Getting close to my 11th Royal cruise, and I have never seen or heard of a chocolate breakfast. I eat most breakfasts in MDR also.

The menu looked yummy, so I have to find out when, and not miss it this time.

Every ship has MDR breakfast. No extra charge. No reservation. No pants required. Ordering off a menu and having table service just feels more relaxing than dealing with Windjammer.

Chocolate Breakfast happens 1X per cruise; you will be informed at dinner the night before or simply ask your wait staff and they will let you know when. Usually a sea day.

WHAT?!?! This chocolate breakfast sounds AWESOME!! I'll definitely be paying attention for that. :)

Speaking of chocolate, they no longer do the chocolate buffet I'm assuming, right? I remember that buffet. I was very newly pregnant and it was AMAZING. But I think I heard that they're gone...? :(

WHAT?!?! This chocolate breakfast sounds AWESOME!! I'll definitely be paying attention for that. :)

Speaking of chocolate, they no longer do the chocolate buffet I'm assuming, right? I remember that buffet. I was very newly pregnant and it was AMAZING. But I think I heard that they're gone...? :(

Correct, no more chocolate buffet.

• 2 months later...
Usually held once per cruise, no sign up required or available, just show up to the MDR for breakfast. The MDR waiter will usually tell you about it the night before.

Do you know if it is on all ships? We board Allure tomorrow, and I believe everything is better with chocolate, so 'chocolate breakfast' would be right up my alley.

Along with getting my chocolate chip (not the sugar free) cookies each night in the MDR.

Do you know if it is on all ships? We board Allure tomorrow, and I believe everything is better with chocolate, so 'chocolate breakfast' would be right up my alley.

Along with getting my chocolate chip (not the sugar free) cookies each night in the MDR.

I don't know if the chocolate breakfast is fleet wide, but it's been on every 7 day or longer cruise we have been on lately.

If your cruise has the character breakfast, (allure and oasis for sure) have the chocolate breakfast that day too. The last sea day on allure they have the chocolate breakfast. We have always been able to order chocolate chip pancakes any day on the cruise. It takes a bit longer but they are so yummy! When u order them make sure they understand chocolate chip, not chocolate syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if the chocolate breakfast is fleet wide, but it's been on every 7 day or longer cruise we have been on lately.

I will surely ask about it.....thanks for that news.

Also the only milkshake I am looking forward to is one of the Johnny Rockets milkshakes. From what I remember they are delicious -- we don't have a Johnny Rockets near our home.

And please say they have the Chocolate Breakfast on Navigator!

Please, please, please . . .

It's on every ship to my knowledge. We even had it on the short Monarch cruises.

On our last cruise, it was never mentioned (in the evening) but when we arrived at the MDR for breakfast, the chocolate breakfast items were listed in the "daily specialties" area on the menu. Even the pastry tray the waiters bring around has a larger variety of chocolate items.

It is difficult to miss if you have breakfast in the MDR, especially if you take a look at a menu.

M

On our last cruise, it was never mentioned (in the evening) but when we arrived at the MDR for breakfast, the chocolate breakfast items were listed in the "daily specialties" area on the menu. Even the pastry tray the waiters bring around has a larger variety of chocolate items.

It is difficult to miss if you have breakfast in the MDR, especially if you take a look at a menu.

M

Just off of Allure, and every day that we went to breakfast in the MDR, the chocolate breakfast items were listed. We did not go on a 'specific day' when the breakfast was being served so therefore, I would expect that the items are available everyday.

It was good....I would have liked chocolate chips in my chocolate pancakes, not just chocolate syrup on them....but they were good.

The chocolate breakfast is mentioned in the Compass, and on these boards.

Perhaps it's a reward to those who read the compass cover to cover! If I remember correctly our waiter also mentioned it the day before.

Also frequently talked about the night before by MDR serving staff.