Concierge lounge/ Diamond Lounge

Bav

We have:) a grande suite for our next cruise. (on Indy) I know we can use concierge lounge. If there is a Diamond Lounge on the Indy ? ,if so, can we use that as well ? We are not ' Diamond' .....yet.

Thankyou

We have:) a grande suite for our next cruise. (on Indy) I know we can use concierge lounge. If there is a Diamond Lounge on the Indy ? ,if so, can we use that as well ? We are not ' Diamond' .....yet.

Thankyou

The Diamond Lounge is available for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members only. Suite (Grand and up) guests may use the Concierge Lounge.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Edited by HeartCruzs

as a Suite Guest they will get a gold card which will let them into both

On Grandeur there wasn't any difference between the two. In the past the Diamond event got you just beer & wine with 25% off mixed drinks. RC seems to have added DL's to most ships and offer the same drinks as the CL as well as the same food. The DL Concierge can do all the same stuff as the CL Concierge so not sure what the difference is any longer. There may be a ship or two without the DL so those would be the only ones that are different.

On Grandeur there wasn't any difference between the two. In the past the Diamond event got you just beer & wine with 25% off mixed drinks. RC seems to have added DL's to most ships and offer the same drinks as the CL as well as the same food. The DL Concierge can do all the same stuff as the CL Concierge so not sure what the difference is any longer. There may be a ship or two without the DL so those would be the only ones that are different.

I haven't heard that about a gold card that's not Pinnacle/D+/D getting in the D lounge.

This is not the usual procedure. A gold card alone does not allow access to the DL. However, if the gold card holder is also Diamond level or above, then they would have access to the DL.

Indy does have a very nice Diamond lounge. Only Diamond or above will have access to the lounge just as Diamond members can not access the concierge lounge.

Although I have not seen the Diamond lounge on Indy, we were disappointed in the CL on that ship. The concierge himself (Fernando) was incredibly friendly and helpful but the CL was small, dark and extremely crowded during the evening cocktail hours (crowded as in literally SRO). Maybe we went too early in the evening but after two attempts, we didn't return. :(

Thankyou

no.

the D lounge is for D, D+ and Pinnacle only.

The Diamond Lounge is available for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members only. Suite (Grand and up) guests may use the Concierge Lounge.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members can use both lounges.

Edited by cruisenfever

We like to sail in Grand suites and have never known this to be the case.As suite guest we could only use the Concierge lounge not the Diamond lounge until we became diamond and then if we are in a suite we can use both.

Edited by Jasp 0401

We wanted to peek into the diamond lounge on our recent enchantment cruise. It was the middle of the day, so we knew it would most likely be empty.

Our gold suite cards let us in. And I asked the concierge if we could look around. I explained we were in an OS and simply wanted to take a look.

He said we were more than welcome to use the diamond lounge anytime we liked.

Not sure why. Maybe it wasn't crowded on that cruise? But we stuck with the concierge. Didn't seem right to use the diamond when we are nowhere near that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I have not seen the Diamond lounge on Indy, we were disappointed in the CL on that ship. The concierge himself (Fernando) was incredibly friendly and helpful but the CL was small, dark and extremely crowded during the evening cocktail hours (crowded as in literally SRO). Maybe we went too early in the evening but after two attempts, we didn't return. :(

Sorry but if you had been able to use the DL on Indy you would have seen how great it is...especially the patio area...I agree the CL is small and dark..

Just off Freedom, we are D+ but not in a suite.

Thought it was interesting that our room had the usual letter from the D Conceirge, about the lounge, etc. However, no information was present about the CL. Made me wonder if this is an attempt to minimize the use of the CL by non-suite guests. We did go to the CL on occasion, and no problems.

Sorry but if you had been able to use the DL on Indy you would have seen how great it is...especially the patio area...I agree the CL is small and dark..

On sister ship Freedom, the patio is no longer part of the DL. If used as an exit, you cannot get back in, and the patio is now open to the public from the staircase.

Just off Freedom, we are D+ but not in a suite.

Thought it was interesting that our room had the usual letter from the D Conceirge, about the lounge, etc. However, no information was present about the CL. Made me wonder if this is an attempt to minimize the use of the CL by non-suite guests. We did go to the CL on occasion, and no problems.

This has been our experience since 2011 on those ships that have both lounges. The letter comes from the Diamond Concierge.

On sister ship Freedom, the patio is no longer part of the DL. If used as an exit, you cannot get back in, and the patio is now open to the public from the staircase.

That's too bad. Now there will be even less seating

Was this a specific cruise only or a new change Freedom class wide ? If so I for one won't be happy...love the patio area and with the gate It's very easy to have that area secure from the general public...They have lot's of space all over the entire ship...sad that a little piece of ours has been commandeered :(:(

Was this a specific cruise only or a new change Freedom class wide ? If so I for one won't be happy...love the patio area and with the gate It's very easy to have that area secure from the general public...They have lot's of space all over the entire ship...sad that a little piece of ours has been commandeered :(:(

I don't know about class-wide, but it appeared to be permanent on Freedom. The sign on the patio door was one of those plastic signs with the letters etched in, not just something printed up. The outside staircase to the patio has a gate, and that is just kept open all the time now. That's why no entry is allowed from the patio door.

I don't know about class-wide, but it appeared to be permanent on Freedom. The sign on the patio door was one of those plastic signs with the letters etched in, not just something printed up. The outside staircase to the patio has a gate, and that is just kept open all the time now. That's why no entry is allowed from the patio door.

Maybe there were people sneaking in the back way?? I can't think of what other reason would be for them to do that. :rolleyes: