[*]Digital Signage
[*]Pervasive Wi-Fi
[*]Flat-screen TVs
[*]Interactive TVs
[*]Concierge Club
[*]Diamond Club
[*]Nursery
[/LIST][/quote]

I just went online, and apparently they are not going ahead with a Park Cafe, but instead putting in a Cupcake operation in the promanade.

Also someone that was aboard last month posted that the AOS will not be adding a Park Cafe. We are aboard for the upcoming crossing, and I'm personally saddened that they are leaving that out. I have enjoyed food from there on other ships.

Rick

[quote name='chengkp75']She finishes up in San Juan tomorrow, then empty to Freeport. Her next cruise is a TA from Miami on April 20th. Repair the fixipod, usual dry dock hull painting, etc. General replacement of worn items. I'll let the RCI regulars answer for any upgrades they've heard about, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

We are sailing on her April 9th for a 4 day to the Bahamas. Unless you know something we haven't been told yet.:D

Happy sailing, Candy

[quote name='robtulipe']About the fixed pod problem?
[COLOR="Red"]Do you think RCI will now simply replace the whole unit like was done with Allure? [/COLOR]It was leaking lubricant and sea water likely has entered the pod as an result of the damaged seals so there may now be more than just bearing damage. RCI may not want to chance this is so and may have decided to bring in a new pod already to avoid having a delay needed if they waited until the dry dock and found out the complete unit needed to be replaced.
The shot below indicates they can likely access the unit and I know from our engine control room visits on Radiance and X Millennium class ships there are video cameras in the pods.

[IMG]http://img27.fansshare.com/pic66/w/azipod/369/25353_azipod.jpg[/IMG]

AOS isn't showing on Marine Traffic this morning and its last reported position was east of Dominica doing 18.1 knots last evening at 10:26 local time. Hopefully it is in Frederksted, St. Croix now.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that info from? I have read nothing to support that a complete pod change occured and they certainly did not talk about any pod change out when I was aboard Allure the following week.

[quote name='rubrrick']I just went online, and apparently they are not going ahead with a Park Cafe, but instead[COLOR="Red"] putting in a Cupcake operation in the promanade.[/COLOR]
Also someone that was aboard last month posted that the AOS will not be adding a Park Cafe. We are aboard for the upcoming crossing, and I'm personally saddened that they are leaving that out. I have enjoyed food from there on other ships.

Rick[/QUOTE]

I wonder where the space is coming from for that. I sincerely hope that another Logo shop is not disappearing like what happened on Independence.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Missus Makkem']Barbers shop?[/QUOTE]

They don't have a barber shop on the promenade of the Voyager class ships. That was what they got rid of on the Freedom class ships to make room for the cupcakes. Edited by Ocean Boy

[quote name='ahecht']Or they could just add the cupcakes to Cafe Promenade like they did on Navigator.[/QUOTE]

Where did the room come from in Navigator's cafe? Between sandwiches and pizza I can't really picture a way to come even close to the setup of a regular Cupcake Cupboard.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I wonder where the space is coming from for that. I sincerely hope that another Logo shop is not disappearing like what happened on Independence.:rolleyes:[/quote]

OB.......If I'm not mistaken, Royal Caribbean does not charge for food at the Park Cafe, but do charge for the Cupcake Cupboard. So, rather than give us something that enhances the product, without additional revenue to them, they have decided on something that would generate revenue

And they will take away from the Promanade, a space that is not generating revenue, or not enough, to put something in that creates more.

I guess we will find out more when the ship returns from Freeport.

I have only been on one cruise directly post drydock, and swore I would never again, as it seems that on that cruise, all of the last minute work was being completed, including some space not opening till the next cruise. It was not a fun experience, so I hope the price for a cabin is not great.;)

Rick

[quote name='ValerieJo']You said it perfectly. Thank you. I do hope Royal does read this thread.

BTW, there were several of us on Deck 9 that had no working toilets for 1/2 the day on Friday. There was no mention of the inconvenience by Royal to us at all. The only apology we received was from our Stateroom attendant.[/QUOTE]

We have not been on any cruises where a problem has impacted the entire ship but there has been some inconvenient situation that have come up and we have found that RC has compensated for the problem without even a request or complaint from us. We have been completely satisfied with compensation offers and feel RC makes a good attempt at weighing the situation and compensating its passengers. Keeping in mind that they have to keep the company solvent and can't give away the all the profits over one incident. I'm sure I would have a different opinion if I was every on the short end of the stick but that has not been the case in our travels. RC is still our favorite and it would take several incidences to change our opinion. After 25 RC cruises, 4 Holland, 3 Carnival,3 Princess, and 1 Celebrity, RC is hands down our preference. With that being said I must say that since we started cruising ALL of the lines have been cutting back on the luxury of cruising.

[quote name='Photofinish4']Keeping in mind that they have to keep the company solvent and can't give away the all the profits over one incident. I'm sure I would have a different opinion if I was every on the short end of the stick but that has not been the case in our travels.[/QUOTE]

I neither asked for nor wanted them to give away all of the profits from this trip, and I fully admit that I did get half of what I paid for. As far as I'm concerned,I don't even need cash back. If they were even willing to give me half off my next cruise up to half of the value of the 3/16 cruise, that would be perfectly sufficient. They wouldn't have to hand out any cash, their loss would be spread out over time as I'm sure we all wouldn't take advantage of the discount simultaneously and they would truly regain my confidence. But up to now all we've gotten is the attitude of "You got to go out on our boat (ship), so shut your pie holes."

I'm glad that all of your cruises with RC have been without any major incidents, and until now my RC cruises have been flawless. But the companies that have my greatest loyalty aren't necessarily the ones that have never made a mistake. Some of my favorites have made some big mistakes but showed an incredible amount of integrity in how they resolved them. And that to me shows their true character.

[quote name='chengkp75']I hadn't heard that Allure changed out an entire pod. Hers was a thrust bearing problem, which is easily repaired, just that the older pods required it to be done from the outside.
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ocean Boy']Where did you get that info from? I have read nothing to support that a complete pod change occured and they certainly did not talk about any pod change out when I was aboard Allure the following week.[/QUOTE]

You're both correct, I was mistaken.
It was the X Millennium I was thinking of. It lost the use of one of its two pods while sailing in Alaska late last summer. This has been an on going problem with the M class Rolls Royce propulsion system. This resulted in 5 or 6 sailings being cancelled, and that ship went all the way to Grand Bahamas for the repair using its one good pod while a new complete pod was shipped by boat from Europe to that location. It was mentioned in the thread for this happening that these units are to large and heavy to be shipped by aircraft.

[quote name='robtulipe']You're both correct, I was mistaken.
It was the X Millennium I was thinking of. It lost the use of one of its two pods while sailing in Alaska late last summer. This has been an on going problem with the M class Rolls Royce propulsion system. This resulted in 5 or 6 sailings being cancelled, and that ship went all the way to Grand Bahamas for the repair using its one good pod while a new complete pod was shipped by boat from Europe to that location. It was mentioned in the thread for this happening that these units are to large and heavy to be shipped by aircraft.[/QUOTE]

Given the problems Celebrity has had with the RR Mermaids, they may have felt it prudent to order a spare pod, or one was ordered when the problem started, since it took a few months to get the new pod. At 250 metric tons, you bet I wouldn't want to ship that bad boy by air.

'Dry Dock Dave' left England yesterday morning and is now in San Juan ready to board the AOS. I'm pretty sure he's doing behind the scenes stuff this time, but if he gives me any info or pictures, I'll pop up a little thread for you all :)

[quote name='Aim1']'Dry Dock Dave' left England yesterday morning and is now in San Juan ready to board the AOS. I'm pretty sure he's doing behind the scenes stuff this time, but if he gives me any info or pictures, I'll pop up a little thread for you all :)[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!!! hope you can share the pictures with us!:)

[quote name='Aim1']'Dry Dock Dave' left England yesterday morning and is now in San Juan ready to board the AOS. I'm pretty sure he's doing behind the scenes stuff this time, but if he gives me any info or pictures, I'll pop up a little thread for you all :)[/QUOTE]That would be so fantastic, we're on the TA to bring her back to Southampton on April 20th. Can't wait to see the changes 3 weeks today.

[quote name='3DogDay']I neither asked for nor wanted them to give away all of the profits from this trip, and I fully admit that I did get half of what I paid for. As far as I'm concerned,I don't even need cash back. If they were even willing to give me half off my next cruise up to half of the value of the 3/16 cruise, that would be perfectly sufficient. They wouldn't have to hand out any cash, their loss would be spread out over time as I'm sure we all wouldn't take advantage of the discount simultaneously and they would truly regain my confidence. But up to now all we've gotten is the attitude of "You got to go out on our boat (ship), so shut your pie holes."

I'm glad that all of your cruises with RC have been without any major incidents, and until now my RC cruises have been flawless. But the companies that have my greatest loyalty aren't necessarily the ones that have never made a mistake. Some of my favorites have made some big mistakes but showed an incredible amount of integrity in how they resolved them. And that to me shows their true character.[/QUOTE]

We too have been "loyal to Royal" and have expounded on their virtues to all who will listen. However, I agree that it's the attitude we are getting as well as having our complaints ignored. I'm hoping they are still investigating the situation and will take our concerns seriously.

Back in sunny San Juan. Overall our sailing went pretty well once it started...3 stressful days late. Our first 3 days were spent being told we'd leave at X time and then at X time or sometimes later than that we were told never mind we won't be leaving. I was on pins and needles waiting for a cancellation of our entire cruise and I told my DH during that time that I didn't feel like I was on vacation as it was stressful. I'm not here to argue that we deserved more than the March 16 sailing or not. I wasn't onboard then, but I will say we feel we were compensated fairly for our poor experience and after the rest of our cruise I feel ready to book again with Royal. The crew did an amazng job trying to make things as good as possible during the repairs and once we were underway they were fantastic as well. I was, and still am, disappointed in the lack of communication Royal gave us before our boarding when they knew of the delay. Simple straight forward honest comunication would have stemmed a lot of the angst and frustration.

[quote name='cruizinawayinva']Back in sunny San Juan. Overall our sailing went pretty well once it started...3 stressful days late. Our first 3 days were spent being told we'd leave at X time and then at X time or sometimes later than that we were told never mind we won't be leaving. I was on pins and needles waiting for a cancellation of our entire cruise and I told my DH during that time that I didn't feel like I was on vacation as it was stressful. I'm not here to argue that we deserved more than the March 16 sailing or not. I wasn't onboard then, but I will say we feel we were compensated fairly for our poor experience and after the rest of our cruise I feel ready to book again with Royal. The crew did an amazng job trying to make things as good as possible during the repairs and once we were underway they were fantastic as well. I was, and still am, disappointed in the lack of communication Royal gave us before our boarding when they knew of the delay. Simple straight forward honest comunication would have stemmed a lot of the angst and frustration.[/QUOTE]

Happy to her you had a good time. I am still shocked at the lack of communication from rccl. How is it that the nav got on the website and Facebook but not the adventure?

[quote name='cruizinawayinva']. Simple straight forward honest comunication would have stemmed a lot of the angst and frustration.[/QUOTE]

This just does not seem to be RCI's strong suit. We were on Allure's first sailing after having its pod fixed. There was a 3 hour delay leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Five minutes before our scheduled departure time we were told that we would be departing momentarily and on time. Then the delays started with very little information as to why. Of course our first thougths were that the ship had mechanical issues again and the ship was not going to go anywhere. So I completely understand how lack of communication cause you major stress.

[quote name='rubrrick']I just went online, and apparently they are not going ahead with a Park Cafe, but instead putting in a Cupcake operation in the promanade.

Rick[/QUOTE]

Why on earth is a Cupcake Emporium being added??? A total waste of space on Liberty, and I never saw it used once during our cruise last October/November. OR, is it the $$$$ talking yet again at the enjoyment of the 'guest'? Park café excellent on Radiance and frequented all the time................

[quote name='Cosmic Rays']Why on earth is a Cupcake Emporium being added??? A total waste of space on Liberty, and I never saw it used once during our cruise last October/November. OR, is it the $$$$ talking yet again at the enjoyment of the 'guest'? Park café excellent on Radiance and frequented all the time................[/QUOTE]

I don't think RCI would keep adding them to ships if they were not producing money. I guess enough people are willing to take the decorating classes that they offer and buy enough cupcakes to make it worth while. Personally, I would never spend so much as a nickel in the place.

[quote name='LMaxwell']Here are the plans for dry dock

[LIST]
[*]Outdoor movie screen
[*]Updated Vintages wine bar
[*]Park Café
[*]Chef’s Table
[*]Giovanni’s Table
[*]Digital Signage
[*]Pervasive Wi-Fi
[*]Flat-screen TVs
[*]Interactive TVs
[*]Concierge Club