Oasis vs Allure

This is from RC website, it is from before Allure debuted, but, it describes the differences.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/new-features-and-experiences-on-allure-of-the-seas-announced/

Many thanks for that link, I was just about to ask the same question as we are looking for a week cruising after the October 2015 TA on Allure and I wasn't sure whether there would be enough differences between them to hold our interest.

We have a choice at the moment of Oasis, NCL Getaway or a couple of Carnival ships - leaning towards Oasis at the moment (helped by our Diamond perks). May even follow that with a week on NCL Escape - cruises of the mega ships!!

The two ships are basically the same size, same layout. They are sister ships. Differences are in a few eateries and the broadway shows that's about it. Oasis is a year older then Allure. But in the past year or so Oasis has added some features like allure but not too much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Oasis last Sept. and now going on the Allure in 24 Days!!!!!

We wanted to do both and compare!!! Besides we will know pretty much where everything is and wont be lost!!!...lol

I think it will be fun to see both and it will be a little different to keep our interest!!!

I'm planning on booking either the Oasis or the Allure and was wondering what the differences are and if one is better than the other. Any info would be appreciated. Not worried about the itinerary or the size of the ship. Thanks. :)

They are pretty much the same ship. I was on Allure two years ago and I am going on Oasis this July. The main reason for Oasis this year is because I don't want to see the same shows again. You can't make a bad decision with these two ships. If I was you, I would choose the ship strictly by price and the best deal is the way I would go.

I have read and have saw so many videos on both...but I am going on Allure for my honeymoon in August. What did you like about oasis? And how was the food overall? I keep hearing mixed reviews on the food.

The Oasis was awesome!!!

The Ship is Huge...You will never be bored!

Nothing was really ever that crowded except for maybe the WindJammer but we only went there 2 times.

The Shows were the best and very entertaining!

MDR food was not as bad as some reviews say.....I mean it wasn't wonderful but it was good on most days!

The specialty rest. were very good!

Central Park is Great too!!!...Nice to walk thru at night!

We enjoyed the feel of the Boardwalk also.

Edited by thjeepster

I have read and have saw so many videos on both...but I am going on Allure for my honeymoon in August. What did you like about oasis? And how was the food overall? I keep hearing mixed reviews on the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just on Allure a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the food. Giovanni's table was hands down our best dinner onboard.

Differences? Allure has Chicago, Oasis has Hairspray. Allure has the Hot dog stand on the boardwalk and Rita's cantina. Oasis has Sea food Shack. The shows are different but equally great. Other than those few things, they are the same. Different days of embarkation but both have the same ports on the itinerary. Hope this answers your question.

We sailed Oasis then Allure the following week 2 yrs ago. The major difference I saw was the appearances by the Dreamworks characters. We didn't have any children with us, but on Oasis, they were rarely out and about, and about the only way to get pictures was by the ships photographer.

On the Allure, there were specific times the characters were out for picture taking, with your own camera. We got many pictures of us with the characters! Still a kid at heart! :D

Other than this, there wasn't much difference. I would say go with the cruise that have the best price, and if a Sat. or Sun departure is best!

We've sailed on both and other that the difference in departure days, restaurants, shows and some shops, the ships are identical. Although, I read on one of the CC thread that there is a basic difference between the 2--Allure is a few inches longer while Oasis is a few pounds heavier. I don't know if anyone can confirm it.