LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS - March 26th to April 6th

Pia1913

LOL. Mike has been out relaxing on the "Lido" for the past two hours. Or should I call it a patio? He complained there was no ice cream bar where he's now sitting. hahaha.

Pia

Now you know what to get him for his next birthday. :D

With only about five weeks to your next cruise, are you sure you have enough time at home to answer all those emails before the next lot arrives.

Jan

Greatly enjoyed your Live From as usual! We'll be at sea when you depart for Africa but it will certainly be something to look forward to when we arrive back home in the land of fast & free internet.

I should know this, because I've been following you for years, but in your 75 cruises, are there any Princess ships you haven't sailed on? And do you have a favorite - or least favorite? Inquiring minds want to know:D

Larry, I live here. I know all the cheapie parking places and the hotels. One of the Marriotts will take you, but you need to get a taxi for return. I think it's Springhill. Rodeway Inn on SR 84 does port shuttle and you can leave your car there. We have done it many times. Not gorgeous, but usually inexpensive and good for one night. Restauant on premises and breakfast included.

Hi Pia! Yes, I think I recall seeing a post that mentioned you were in the Tampa Bay area (I used to live in Land O Lakes for a few years), so I did realize YOU personally were very informed of all the great deals that are available if you know of them. So I mentioned it on a thread I knew had lots of "fans" who may be able to benefit from that info! Always looking for a place to share info to help save cruiser's $$$. :D My daughter (1 of 3) works for Marriott and I get family rates, so I may look into one of the Marriott hotels, but I'd like shuttle to and from, sans taxi! On the Royal I drove down a day early but stayed in N. Palm Beach at Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center where I go on Retreat each year in April. Actually, I was there during your final posts on the Canal cruise. It's a short 1 hour drive from there to the port, and that's when I do the Park 'n Go thing. But what the heck, I'll look at ALL the deals! :) God bless you, Pia (and Mike) for making your cruises an international event that ALL can enjoy and learn from. I sure hope I get to sail with you one day!!

All the best to you and yours!

Larry (yes, I'm on Facebook too ... wlarryc)

Greatly enjoyed your Live From as usual! We'll be at sea when you depart for Africa but it will certainly be something to look forward to when we arrive back home in the land of fast & free internet.

I should know this, because I've been following you for years, but in your 75 cruises, are there any Princess ships you haven't sailed on? And do you have a favorite - or least favorite? Inquiring minds want to know:D

The only ship we truly hated was the Sky Princess. But that was a Sitmar leftover; Fairsky. Otherwise, we love them all. And we have missed two; Dawn and Sea. But I think Sea was with Sitmar too, and if that's so, we did sail on her. And the Island. Haven't sailed her either. But so many times on her sister the Coral.

Favorites? Not really. We like the little ones and the big ones. Actually, Coral is not one of our favorites. We adored the new Royal and perhaps Diamond and Sapphire would be next in line. Grand at this point would be least favorite because it's an old bucket and needs to be tossed.

I again would like to thank you all for cruising along and will "see" most of you May 7th as we begin our next voyage on the Ocean. You too Jo-Ann. :)

Pia,

Anne and I just arrived home after nearly 30 days aboard the Ocean Princess, boarding her in Papeete and disembarking Sunday, 6-April in Singapore. Dead calm seas all but one or two days. Echo your comments about the small ships. The captain (a Norwegian), the staff and crew are very good, and the dancers are especially enjoyable. Debbie Fraioli is the port lecturer, and Peter Roberts is the CD. We enjoyed his sense of humor. The Most Traveled Passengers are the Ferris' from Hawaii with around 1200 days by the time you board. Wished we could have remained aboard to Dover.

I didn't realize your ship had sailed. I am not with it.

And a Big WOW! 75 cruises, Most Travelled and on and on. I am glad I know you. Something to brag about. :)

Take good care of Mike.

Pia,

Anne and I just arrived home after nearly 30 days aboard the Ocean Princess, boarding her in Papeete and disembarking Sunday, 6-April in Singapore. Dead calm seas all but one or two days. Echo your comments about the small ships. The captain (a Norwegian), the staff and crew are very good, and the dancers are especially enjoyable. Debbie Fraioli is the port lecturer, and Peter Roberts is the CD. We enjoyed his sense of humor. The Most Traveled Passengers are the Ferris' from Hawaii with around 1200 days by the time you board. Wished we could have remained aboard to Dover.

LOL. I can't compete with them and I do know them. There's not a chance we could score in the top three on one of the exotics.

We've had no info yet about the captain and up to now I never knew Princess had a Norwegian Capt. Our friends boarded in Singapore when you got off and they had several day of rain precruise.

I believe we've had this port lecturer before, but Peter Roberts will be new to us. I like new. :)

I didn't realize your ship had sailed. I am not with it.

And a Big WOW! 75 cruises, Most Travelled and on and on. I am glad I know you. Something to brag about. :)

Take good care of Mike.

You are too funny David. ;) I hope you can "join" us on the Ocean in a few weeks. :D

“Grand at this point would be least favorite because it’s an old bucket and needs to be tossed.”

Oh, my feelings are hurt for the Grand. I actually thought she was great! “Different strokes for different folks." LOL

Edited by Grammyluvs

The only ship we truly hated was the Sky Princess. But that was a Sitmar leftover; Fairsky. Otherwise, we love them all. And we have missed two; Dawn and Sea. But I think Sea was with Sitmar too, and if that's so, we did sail on her. And the Island. Haven't sailed her either. But so many times on her sister the Coral.

Favorites? Not really. We like the little ones and the big ones. Actually, Coral is not one of our favorites. We adored the new Royal and perhaps Diamond and Sapphire would be next in line. Grand at this point would be least favorite because it's an old bucket and needs to be tossed.

Appreciate your input very much Pia. We can't wait to board the Royal on the 27th. Your comments and Dave's were the most comprehensive and I can't think of any of the 'negatives' that others have reported which will be deal killers for us.

Other than the upcoming Royal, we've managed to miss the Dawn, Coral, Pacific & Ruby (how did that happen??) And like you, we pretty much love them all! :)

Pia, Congrats on your 75th Cruise! We loved Sabatinis for breakfast the 1 cruise we could go. Also about 5 years ago we were invited to tour the bridge too. Never figured out why. Sorry I missed your live but we got to cruise LIVE on the Star. :p:p. Yes we still had Motor City too. We only had 210 elites onboard but still no luncheon for us. Maybe someday. Will be following along on your cruise next month. Donna

LOL. I can't compete with them and I do know them. There's not a chance we could score in the top three on one of the exotics.

We've had no info yet about the captain and up to now I never knew Princess had a Norwegian Capt. Our friends boarded in Singapore when you got off and they had several day of rain precruise.

I believe we've had this port lecturer before, but Peter Roberts will be new to us. I like new. :)

The captain is Richard Lorentzen, and I think this is his first in command voyage. He is personable and informative with a Scandinavian sense of humor. The second MTP in days was about 800, don't recall third. Anne and I were at the MTP lunch for the first time ever, on both segments no less, making the 306 day cut for the last one by one day! Oh, and thankfully there is no art auction aboard. Not that we disliked them when Princess Fine Arts was running them, but now that Park West has taken them over we aren't missing anything. Have a great voyage.

You are too funny David. ;) I hope you can "join" us on the Ocean in a few weeks. :D

I wish I could. I would love to visit those ports.

When I retire I will cruise with you and be your sidekick.

Pia, you have so many more Princess cruises than I . I still have managed to be on all the ships except, The Pacific , Ocean, and Sea.

I think the Sea Princess is like the Dawn.

Dawn is really old. Balcony cabins are cut into the hull. Balcony cabins tiny. Mini Suites however are huge, like suites on newer ships.Even though old, did enjoy cruising on the ship. Outside cabins on Dolphin deck towards the aft have great huge picture window(even has a bit of a window seat). Outside cabins on Caribe are the size of Balcony cabin with the balcony. Inside cabins are the smallest we have ever seen.

Ok Gloria watch what you are calling Old. We were on the inaugural Pacific Coast sailing of the Dawn Princess those many years ago. Have to say the ship was beautiful and the Sun class are still one of my favorite. Hope Princess takes better care of them. Where did all those years go????? :(

Ok Gloria watch what you are calling Old. We were on the inaugural Pacific Coast sailing of the Dawn Princess those many years ago. Have to say the ship was beautiful and the Sun class are still one of my favorite. Hope Princess takes better care of them. Where did all those years go????? :(

When are we going to cruise with you, Joe?

Pia, in one of your early posts you mentioned the Scavanger Hunt. Did anything come of that? When we were on the Coral in Dec it was a big bust. They didn't even check the sheets and just gave everyone a pen. It was hardly worth the effort we put into it. :(

Was there a pop choir on your cruise?

Pia, in one of your early posts you mentioned the Scavanger Hunt. Did anything come of that? When we were on the Coral in Dec it was a big bust. They didn't even check the sheets and just gave everyone a pen. It was hardly worth the effort we put into it. :(

Was there a pop choir on your cruise?

1. Scavenger Hunt mentioned and sheets were in library. Not my thing, so didn't pay attention.

2. Choir was a bust. Hardly anyone showed up. I can't even tell you whether or not they "performed." I do know there was no talent show because nobody came forward.