Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Just as an FYI, and for anybody else curious.... CC is indexed by Google. That means you can type search terms like:

margaritaville at sea complimentary cruisecritic.com That will point Google's search at CC.com for results.

It's far easier than using the board's built-in search.

Stephen

Good tip!

I have spent a week communicating with NCL based off an email someone posted here issuing the poster a complimentary meal at M'ville. The email posted (sorry, I can't recall if it was this thread or a different one) was sent by a Senior Vice President. I have not gotten anywhere yet but will update either way.

After the initial word that M'ville was going to a-la-carte, I sent an email to NCL . I received a phone call last week and was told in a voice mail that they were not offering anything to offset this change. I have attempted to call back to discuss this more and they will not return my phone calls.

After the initial word that M'ville was going to a-la-carte, I sent an email to NCL . I received a phone call last week and was told in a voice mail that they were not offering anything to offset this change. I have attempted to call back to discuss this more and they will not return my phone calls.

Don't give up hope.

They can always text you back "LOL. NO MVILLE. C U L8R G8R"

The coffee maker in the regular stateroom uses Hamilton's Personal Cup pods.

49970-inset05.jpg

It looks like they're a partnership with Dutch brand Philips' Senseo coffee pods.

I'm about to order some coffee and got chocolate pods for our upcoming trip. I want to get some ecoffee pods for my MIL as well. Is the same coffee maker that's in the staterooms, in the studio staterooms as well?

I'm about to order some coffee and got chocolate pods for our upcoming trip. I want to get some ecoffee pods for my MIL as well. Is the same coffee maker that's in the staterooms, in the studio staterooms as well?

I can't speak for the other rooms but there is no coffee maker in the studios. They have a coffee maker that uses fresh ground beans in the studio lounge.

I can't speak for the other rooms but there is no coffee maker in the studios. They have a coffee maker that uses fresh ground beans in the studio lounge.

Balconies and mini suite have a small one cup coffee maker using the pods in the picture. Suites have nespresso machine and other don't have any

Balconies and mini suite have a small one cup coffee maker using the pods in the picture. Suites have nespresso machine and other don't have any

No coffee maker in the studios themselves... Guess I'll be seeing the MIL a lil more in the mornings than I thought.. Hahahahaha... Only in mini-suite and balconies? Well, I guess one way to look at it is that I've finally found a "perk" of having the mini-suite... Now to start ordering... Thanks all for the help!

FINALLY some great photos from someone who just got off and they had the H6 9318 out on the Norwegian Escape fb page.

Tried to post the link....but it won't let me! :mad:

Maybe someone will finally take my word on the fact that all of the aft penthouse balconies on Escape are considerably smaller than the ones on the earlier Breakaway and Getaway class. Oh well :p

Maybe someone will finally take my word on the fact that all of the aft penthouse balconies on Escape are considerably smaller than the ones on the earlier Breakaway and Getaway class. Oh well :p

I don't get the continued confusion. I've posted pics of our balcony more than once, in 10914 (H6)

We booked 9318 for our upcoming cruise in January. At the time, there was a small "blurb" somewhere that stated the the balconies on escape were narrower than those on GA and BA. I don't remember where it was, but I remember thinking at the time, a smaller balcony would still be a pretty big balcony compared to other ships we've been on. So I don't mind. We were warned.

My daughter and I are onboard now in a deck 12 aft balcony room. There's a lot of soot that collects on the balcony. Also, in this location, there is a lot of ship motion which isn't as noticible in other area of the ship. It's so severe that we occasionally lurch in the room. New saw The Brat Pack in the Supper Club last night. The show was awesome but the food was terrible and we didn't find much of it edible. But it's worth the money for the show anyway if that's the only way to see it.

If you want really high quality images of certain balcony configurations, sizes, etc. the best place to look IMO is Youtube. Narrow your search to include only the 4K and and HD results then watch in full screen or on your TV.

My daughter and I are onboard now in a deck 12 aft balcony room. There's a lot of soot that collects on the balcony.

Unfortunately, the soot problems have worsened since Breakaway and Getaway. The new scrubber system should, in theory, eliminate soot. However, in practice the GMD scrubbers are starting to "burp" bubbles filled with soot that drench everything in sooty water. Not good, but that's what NCL gets for going with the cheaper, less developed supplier.

To anyone interested, a nice cabin video of Aft H6 9318 was posted this morning, not sure if this is related to the other review someone mentioned, but I found the video very helpful as we have this exact cabin booked.

I've (mostly) been a silent lurker waiting for H6 info, specifically deck 9.

It's not that people didn't believe you, but saying that something is *smaller* than "HUGE" doesn't really give a lot of definition on "how big". :D I knew the balconies would be smaller, but I was waiting with a lot of anticipation to see the deck 9 H6 because we'll be travelling with a large group and I wanted to see how/if we'd all fit out there. This video was the first I'd seen for deck 9 H6.

I don't get the continued confusion. I've posted pics of our balcony more than once, in 10914 (H6)

I saw your pics, thanks for those. There's so much variation among the decks that it's nice to get a visual on each one.