Booking Two Years ahead of time ???????

What is so special about that cabin?

My question exactly! Does it have magic powers? Does it come with free alcohol or an enormous balcony? :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our group has booked 4 cabins on the aft. I like Jr. Suites and up.

I had read about 1100, and if you do a search, everyone seems to say it is a wonderful location.

Apparently, the person who snagged it before me on the second leg of my B2B knows about it, too.

Yes, it has an enormous balcony.

Free alcohol, doubtful :(

I just want to see for myself.

Our anniversary is in September and I wanted a center aft cabin in Hawaii. Booked September 2016 a couple weeks ago. It's still 896 days away:eek:

I have been checking the web site - still no Sept 16 listed. What did you do - have TA call or call directly??

Not all 2016 cruises are available, but the Freedom, Oasis, Allure, Serenade and Grandeur are available now. All Caribbean sailings.

Once we sailed in #1100 earlier this month, we became addicted to it.

Good to know there are a lot of other members in the club!!!

mac_tlc

What is so addictive about this cabin?

Lol and I thought I was booking early to book 19 months out. A Greek Isles cruise from Venice. For our first cruise we booked after the final payment date so this is new this time around. What is most amazing--or more accurately shocking--is that the airfare to get to Venice is nearly equal to the cost of the cruise itself--far more than the cost of an interior.

I have been checking the web site - still no Sept 16 listed. What did you do - have TA call or call directly??

You have at least a year to wait until Sept 2016 cruises are released.

This years release will only take the sailings out until April / May of 2016.

Sept. 2016 will be released in the spring of 2015.

I booked Serenade 3/7/16 #1604 on Saturday in preparation for our 25th anniversary. It was so depressing, so long to wait. :(

By Monday to cheer myself up, I booked Freedom for May 2015 when I saw that #1700 happened to be available. :D I can live with one year, but not two! :rolleyes:

This was my DH's reaction :eek::mad::)

What sailing did you book?

Which cabin 1100 or 1602?

S

We booked 9256, on the April 8 sailing. I didn't want to be under the WJ. Not sure if 1100 was available. This is our 1st aft so I hope we like it. DH always spends a lot of time on the balcony. It will be different for us for sure.

Sounds crazy to me ---- but I just did it.. I have been searching the Serenade of the Seas 10 & 11 day itineraries for Spring 2016, and wanted cabin #1100. They appeared to be all gone, but one appeared today -- for March 28,2016 -- exactly two years form today...

Really wanted this cabin and would not have booked that far in advance if I could not get that cabin. 720 days and counting...

mac_tlc

I'm booked on serenade for jan 2016. I got cabin 9256. generally book all my cruises when the dates are released. gives me time to pay them off. you're not alone :)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

My question exactly! Does it have magic powers? Does it come with free alcohol or an enormous balcony? :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, please tell us. I am curious. I am one that likes to book 2 years in advance also.

I should tell you it is nothing special, and really not desirable -- it is hard enough to get now :) . However.....

Cabin 1100 is a JS, aft. The balcony is massive. It can easily handle 8-10 or 12 people on it. It almost wraps around the side, but not quite. On the Brilliance, we had 2 lounge chairs, three regular chairs, and two small tables --- with plenty or room left. It is under the outside seating of the WJ, but we never had an issue with any noise above -- especially since the WJ is closed at night. Because it is aft, the balcony is deeper than the ones on the sides, because it is a corner, it is mmmmmuuuccchhhh wider. We also liked being at the end of the hall -- very quiet.

No free alcohol, but maybe if we add that to our comment card..........................

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

I did the same thing...I got 1100 on 2/26/2016:)

Take care of that cabin we are in it after you....lol :D. Sometimes you have to book this far out in order to get your favourite cabin sailing on an awesome southern itinerary!

Not at all unusual. I got my cabin choice on the Indy that way. I also that for my October Allure cruise and since then the price has just about doubled and that was before the March promotion. It is something to look forward to.

Both 1100 and 1602 on Radiance class ships are corner aft Jr. Suites. They have huge balconies and that beautiful wake view. 9256 on that class is a D aft balcony cabin with a very large balcony that partly also wraps to the side so you get an amazing view.

Take care of that cabin we are in it after you....lol :D. Sometimes you have to book this far out in order to get your favourite cabin sailing on an awesome southern itinerary!

will do... its 1st time in 1100. had corner aft on legend now I am hooked. got corner a on freedom 7408 in august

LOL!! We are all about booking last minute these days to get the good deals...and we have found some great ones!! BUT...we just booked Serenade for Dec. 4, 2015 because a certain group of friends could all go at that time. It was so much fun choosing a cabin!! We scored 9256 as well. Looking forward to it......apparently....for a loooong time!! Oh....don't worry......we'll be cruising lots in the meantime...in whatever cabin we can get. Come to think of it.....we just might be Pinnacle by that Serenade cruise!! Woo Hoo!

Oh.....if anyone is going on the Dec. 4th cruise.....come join us on the roll call!!

Edited by max'smom