Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Hello Marie,

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful pictures from all your recent travels, really enjoyed viewing them.

You and your husband looked fabulous at your renewal vows, looking so happy in love! Also loved the red dress on you, red is definitely your color.

Oh, and glad to see you working your new smile,.......it's BEAUTIFUL!!

Take care always,

Cathy

Hello Ladies,

I finally up loaded the pictures from our world cruise. I was disappointed that I could not wear many of my dresses and gowns. The daughter of my tailor got engaged a week before I took my dresses and gowns in. Her mind was elsewhere; my dresses either too long or too big. I am also disappointed that the ship professional pictures were lousy.

We did not take any picture of our Alaska cruise.

Have a great Sunday

Marie

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mpell/collections/

You both look wonderful in the pictures. I hope that your tailor can fix your dresses and gowns in time for your next cruise.

I'm from Toronto too - well actually GTA but not downtown Toronto. There are lots of places to buy a cocktail dresses in Toronto, it depends on where you're located and the budget. Of course if you're in downtown TO there are tons of places to go to, but I never really go downtown since it's really far for me. I recently had some success on Main Street Unionville as well as North York, let me know if you want info on those locations. In any case, now that prom season is over many stores are having sales on their formal dresses.

This year it seems not as hot in Toronto. I don't think it even comes close to Florida but yes on some days it can be humid.

It could be that here, or it could be like today, 83 with 65% humidity. Or it could be 70 and dry. Rain is always a possibility.

Speaking of Toronto, I am currently looking for a nice, inexpensive cocktail dress. Anyone have any recommendations for a store?

I had such high hopes for this jacket on formal nights with my black georgette skirt and top. It is too short for me, but I gave it to my (shorter) friend to wear. Ebay for $12 including shipping:

image.jpg.c3d37fbb2c21d0cdcaecb5497c5200aa.jpg

I had such high hopes for this jacket on formal nights with my black georgette skirt and top. It is too short for me, but I gave it to my (shorter) friend to wear. Ebay for $12 including shipping:

Love that jacket - looks lovely and has lots of 'potential' - do you have a link to the 'site' that sells this? or was it just 'one of a kind'? thanks :)

Hello Ladies,

I finally up loaded the pictures from our world cruise. I was disappointed that I could not wear many of my dresses and gowns. The daughter of my tailor got engaged a week before I took my dresses and gowns in. Her mind was elsewhere; my dresses either too long or too big. I am also disappointed that the ship professional pictures were lousy.

Have a great Sunday

Marie

----------------------------------------------

Love your smile Marie !!! and beautiful gowns also but I love that you look so happy when you smile you smile also with your eyes !! Wonderful !! :)

take care

Cathie

Hello Ladies,

Have a great Sunday

Marie

Beautiful in your many gowns, as always!

I had a look at your Vancouver pictures from the Alaska cruise, the foot of the big bridge is where I do most of my walking in the winter time. Not so much now that we have longer daylight hours and can do the trails instead. But where we always walk in the late fall, winter and early spring. We often walk the Vancouver sea wall as well and around Canada Place where you boarded the ship.

Neimen Marcus last call, i bought it on line and it was only 40 bucks!! I couldn't believe it!

Link is here, they have it in black too.

http://www.lastcall.com/Romeo-Juliet-Couture-Sleeveless-Beaded-Wave-Dress-Navy/prod21230021_cat5910032__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat5910032%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DPCS_SORT%2526refinements%253D4294964525%252C&eItemId=prod21230021&cmCat=product

I VERY nearly bought the pink one too...

http://www.lastcall.com/Romeo-Juliet-Couture-Beaded-Sheath-Dress-Magenta/prod21230032_cat5910032__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat5910032%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DPCS_SORT%2526refinements%253D4294964525%252C&eItemId=prod21230032&cmCat=product

UGH!!! I was looking everywhere for that pink dress for New Years! We throw a huge party at work every year. I happened upon it online and the website I found it on sold out and I couldn't find it anywhere. I settled for another one... Which I of course didn't get any pictures in that night because I was so busy.

Edited by GuardLB
typo

BFF and I didn't pack together (we live in different states), but all of our dresses for dinner matched. We had to mix and match so we didn't wear the same thing on the same day with the exception of formal night we both brought a coral dress to wear. I'm on the right.

12990_639922922996_1859610534_n.jpg

I cant wait to go through the rest of the dresses on here!! Seems like there is a bit!!! I wanted to post an idea I had for a black dress and making a belt for it... What do you all think? Plus I am hoping it can do double duty on my B2B. One with the belt one without?

http://images.photo2.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu5853%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E5%3C9%3E89%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D42%3A2%3B86559328nu0mrj

I really like the belt, very cute! If you can find another one that would give you a different look too. My granddaughter bought a sparkly one at Charming Charlie's that looks great with lots of different outfits.

BFF and I didn't pack together (we live in different states), but all of our dresses for dinner matched. We had to mix and match so we didn't wear the same thing on the same day with the exception of formal night we both brought a coral dress to wear. I'm on the right.

12990_639922922996_1859610534_n.jpg

Really nice photo and you both look so pretty:)

Hi all! I just purchased online two dresses for my upcoming cruise. Crossing my fingers they fit okay, bc the price was a steal! I hope it attached ok, this is my first time. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1404443931.584185.jpg.0b89dbb59b9b794f0ab1fc730fc78765.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1404443941.174821.jpg.caed8aac81378a1bc470c81d11bb8605.jpg

Hi all! I just purchased online two dresses for my upcoming cruise. Crossing my fingers they fit okay, bc the price was a steal! I hope it attached ok, this is my first

These are very pretty. I hope they fit you. Where did you find them?

Hi all! I just purchased online two dresses for my upcoming cruise. Crossing my fingers they fit okay, bc the price was a steal! I hope it attached ok, this is my first time. 😃

Lovely!

I found them on eBay! I got the taupe one for $60 and the black one for $40

Great bargains and so pretty! Are they from the same seller? How did you search? I spend way too much time searching eBay and often have trouble "pulling the trigger".

Great bargains and so pretty! Are they from the same seller? How did you search? I spend way too much time searching eBay and often have trouble "pulling the trigger".

I have never shopped on Ebay before........just not something I have

chosen to do. I do shop on QVC though:D....I love their return policy.

When you shop on Ebay isn't everything based upon the sellar?

If you buy something and it doesn't fit...what happens?

I've purchased at least 9 clothing items from Ebay in the last six months. All of them were perfect. I search by manufacturer/brand, since there is a particular brand of clothing I like.

My way of bidding is to first not bid, but see if the "buy it now" price is acceptable to me. Also, I filter the search results by "lowest price plus shipping" so I see the total cost initially.

If the buy it now price is too high, I put the item on my watch list and go away until it's time for the bidding to end. Bidding early just makes the price go up.

I also alter my clothing to fit better. I will buy items on Ebay that I love, but are a size too big. I alter them when they arrive. This way I have a larger selection. If you don't sew, then paying someone to alter the item can still be worth it.

I usually search for "formal dresses, or used formal dresses size 8" I usually add a size larger than what I wear. I then take it to get altered to fit me. So far, I've been lucky doing this.

I've purchased at least 9 clothing items from Ebay in the last six months. All of them were perfect. I search by manufacturer/brand, since there is a particular brand of clothing I like.

My way of bidding is to first not bid, but see if the "buy it now" price is acceptable to me. Also, I filter the search results by "lowest price plus shipping" so I see the total cost initially.

If the buy it now price is too high, I put the item on my watch list and go away until it's time for the bidding to end. Bidding early just makes the price go up.

I also alter my clothing to fit better. I will buy items on Ebay that I love, but are a size too big. I alter them when they arrive. This way I have a larger selection. If you don't sew, then paying someone to alter the item can still be worth it.

This is exactly what I do, however I'm not talented enough to alter myself. One day I hope to be! 😃 I have about 3 more dresses I'm watching closely!