Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

This is exactly what I do, however I'm not talented enough to alter myself. One day I hope to be! 😃 I have about 3 more dresses I'm watching closely!

I just received a 3-piece georgette/chiffon pants outfit I bought for $45, including shipping. It's a pale turquoise with swirling sparkles on the tank top and jacket. Tank and pants are fully lined, and the jacket is sheer. Beautiful outfit, but too large. It will be my upcoming sewing project for our family cruise this December. My DIL has been a bridesmaid in 4 weddings over the last 2 years, so she will want to dress up!

1698250494_Turquoisesparklysuit.jpg.6ad6f0260d027bfb83b86843cb69d206.jpg

Edited by pcur

I just received a 3-piece georgette/chiffon pants outfit I bought for $45, including shipping. It's a pale turquoise with swirling sparkles on the tank top and jacket. Tank and pants are fully lined, and the jacket is sheer. Beautiful outfit, but too large. It will be my upcoming sewing project for our family cruise this December. My DIL has been a bridesmaid in 4 weddings over the last 2 years, so she will want to dress up!

Very pretty. I LOVE the color.

I have never shopped on Ebay before........just not something I have

chosen to do. I do shop on QVC though:D....I love their return policy.

When you shop on Ebay isn't everything based upon the sellar?

If you buy something and it doesn't fit...what happens?

Most good sellers take returns usually you have to pay return shipping .I only buy new with tags items from sellers with great ratings .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Most good sellers take returns usually you have to pay return shipping .I only buy new with tags items from sellers with great ratings .

Oh, ok, thanks for the reply:)

Those dresses are gorgeous @jennbrooke!

I also ordered my and DD's dresses online for our last cruise and had fantastic luck. They were a hit and we had many, many compliments. Will post pics in the next reply.

My sister is obsessed with selling things on eBay so I'll have to take a look. I just hate sending things back if they don't fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Ladies, glad I found this thread. Going on our 2nd cruise in September -full Panama Canal transit. I've bought a few dresses (always room for more). I had myself convinced they were too formal, good to see they're not! I seem to spend a lot of time now looking for shrugs or boleros to match, as everything I've bought is sleeveless. How does everyone else manage?

Hi Ladies, glad I found this thread. Going on our 2nd cruise in September -full Panama Canal transit. I've bought a few dresses (always room for more). I had myself convinced they were too formal, good to see they're not! I seem to spend a lot of time now looking for shrugs or boleros to match, as everything I've bought is sleeveless. How does everyone else manage?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I don't care for too much AC. I always use a shawl. I don't like to be cold.

I have a sheer black chiffon jacket that I wear with any and all my evening clothes.

I use a shawl or sweater depending on the dress. Shawls are nice because I can use them on my lap too or like a blanket on the plane. I always pack one in my carryon for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought of a shawl,now which one to buy!

I have a neutral colored pashmina that goes with everything. I carry it everywhere in the evening, as some of the venues on the ship are chilly at night. :)

I have some lovely pashminas and scarves that I use as a wrap. I also have a couple of lacy jackets that I picked up on ebay which are good, they don't wrinkle and they take up very little room, lets me wear some outfits twice with a different look.

Thanks everyone. I'm actually going to wear this on our actual date of our 35th. anniversary to dinner. I'm wearing an Ivory gown (kinda of like a wedding gown) on the first formal night so we can get some good pictures. I've had the dress for about 2 yrs. waiting to wear it and now it's almost here! :eek: My DH has not seen the dress so hoping he will be surprised. I loved the cocktail dress & usually don't buy anything that's not on sale, but I couldn't resist (I did have a 10% off coupon so that helped). ;)

Thanks everyone. I'm actually going to wear this on our actual date of our 35th. anniversary to dinner. I'm wearing an Ivory gown (kinda of like a wedding gown) on the first formal night so we can get some good pictures. I've had the dress for about 2 yrs. waiting to wear it and now it's almost here! :eek: My DH has not seen the dress so hoping he will be surprised. I loved the cocktail dress & usually don't buy anything that's not on sale, but I couldn't resist (I did have a 10% off coupon so that helped). ;)

Gorgeous outfit and I can't wait to see the photos of you in this dress and the ivory gown. DH and I are also celebrating 35 years this year, in December! Congratulations to us all!

Love the dress and shoes. Hope you and your husband are doing well.

Marie

Thank you Marie & all is well here, just SO HOT ! Hope you were not affected by any fires.

Also, thank you Amy & congratulations on your 35th. too! Time fly's when your having fun!!!

Edited by IrishLassie

Hello Ladies,

I finally up loaded the pictures from our world cruise. I was disappointed that I could not wear many of my dresses and gowns. The daughter of my tailor got engaged a week before I took my dresses and gowns in. Her mind was elsewhere; my dresses either too long or too big. I am also disappointed that the ship professional pictures were lousy.

We did not take any picture of our Alaska cruise.

Have a great Sunday

Marie

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mpell/collections/

Your pictures are beautiful, as always! I especially love the ivory gown with the feathery skirt - gorgeous! :)

Here's a new cocktail dress I bought at Dillard's to wear on our anniversary cruise in Nov. Also got some new shoes! :D

20140709_100219_zps4a118ed0.jpg

20140709_100545_zps1e73b33c.jpg

--------------------------------

love your dress and shoes :-)

have fun on your cruise :) and happy early anniversary :)

Cathie