Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

I don't believe that there's a formal night on the 4 day cruises..you can check your personalizer to be sure but when we went on one (Pacific coastal) there wasn't but you know what? wear what makes you happy! You both will be the classiest couple onboard!

Thanks, I appreciate that very much. No there isn't a formal night...I was just printing the documents. Guess we will just have to set a precident, and have our own formal night. :)

Hi Ladies' date='

Hope that everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately....so busy with work and our cruise is not until Jan...plus I broke my foot again...should be out of the boot in a couple more days.

Now I need some sympathy from you all. Drew and I booked a cruise a couple of days ago...It is in three weeks! We have never booked anything that quick....so I don't have time to order new dresses! So I will have to wear some that are in my closet! :) Now I expect to hear lots of "poor you".:)[/quote']

Aw! Poor baby! I hope your foot heals before your cruise and that your cruise is awesome. I'd worry more about that than about getting new clothes. Most of the people on your cruise will never have seen your dresses anyway right?!

I hope you heal quickly and that your cruise is awesome!:D

I'm new to this thread, but am sailing 5/12 on Majesty of the Seas. My first cruise in 15 years. I fell in love with this dress at Macy's and got an amazing deal on it. It is not me in the photo and it is an off white color. I'm quite excited to wear it formal night!

e831ea3179fccbc539078be1666e1feb.jpg

I love your dress and you will not be out of place wearing it! I hope you have a great cruise.:D

Good afternoon ladies,

Well I have been sewing some more. Here is what I have finished now for the summer and our upcoming cruise.

This is the front view of the shorts

P4280387_zpsdb85e49e.jpg

This is the side view

P4280388_zps2d10556f.jpg

And this is of the sun dress that I made.

P4280385_zps4cf4ea82.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

Your shorts are so cute and I love the dress! Wow! Wish I could sew!:D

Sherrie, so sorry to hear about your foot, hope it's doing OK. Have fun on your cruise & as the other's have said, wear what you want! :D

Gerry, your shorts & dress are so cute, great job! Love the material you used for the dress, will look great on a cruise. Have fun.

Having computer problems so I hope I don't lose anything! Geek Squad coming today, be back soon! :D

Thanks so much. It is fine..I go back tomorrow and should be able to get out of the boot. It was a small break this time' date=' healed quickly...it's just those boots are so cumbersome.

I'm glad we kept the plans...looking forward to a few days away. Now I have to decide what to wear. It is only a four night, and I have no idea about Princess. but we love to dress every night.

I hope we won't look out of place. I know sometimes we seemed a bit out of place on our Carnival cruises when we dressed every night.

For us, that is part of the enjoyment and we do this for each other.

I'm still thinking that daytime is fine with shorts and tops, maybe a sundress.

I'm in cruise mode now...:)[/quote']

We are the same way love to dress up every night. As you said that's part of the enjoyment of the cruise.

I realize you guys don't know me, so this will not be quite as humorous, but I'm posting it anyway.

My mother just stopped by to bring a dress she bought for me to wear when we go on our cruise. She was out shopping and it "looked tropical" so I guess that was all that mattered. Let me add that I tend to dress pretty conservatively, I have a teenage son that would probably not care to see me in this and I am taller that 5'0". This dress is skin tight and saying that it comes to my mid thigh is being overly generous.

It's like the woman doesn't know me at all! LOL!

Here it is (this is a view from the back so you can get the full effect):

IMG_2305.jpg.f81838d4203ac38161c5697d5e3f3b23.jpg

Good afternoon ladies,

Well I have been sewing some more. Here is what I have finished now for the summer and our upcoming cruise.

This is the front view of the shorts

P4280387_zpsdb85e49e.jpg

This is the side view

P4280388_zps2d10556f.jpg

And this is of the sun dress that I made.

P4280385_zps4cf4ea82.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

I love the sundress. I enjoy sewing also, just don't have enough time anymore.

I realize you guys don't know me, so this will not be quite as humorous, but I'm posting it anyway.

My mother just stopped by to bring a dress she bought for me to wear when we go on our cruise. She was out shopping and it "looked tropical" so I guess that was all that mattered. Let me add that I tend to dress pretty conservatively, I have a teenage son that would probably not care to see me in this and I am taller that 5'0". This dress is skin tight and saying that it comes to my mid thigh is being overly generous.

It's a little bold, but it is kind of cute. Wear a pair of footless tights and some matching flats and I think it could work. You could also put a lightweight infinity scarf with it to make it a bit more conservative, or a thin longer skirt underneath. I really do like the colors. But, if you really hate it, you can always plead the "skin tight" angle with your mom.

I'm with Perrisk - you can make it more conservative. How about a tank/cami to fill in the neckline with capri length leggings & flats or sandals? I would go with white for all of them....since the dress has enough color on it's own. You could go all out with white sunglasses and hat..and you are all set for walking around in port. :D

Amy

I am so happy to have found this post. We are cruising for the first time ever in June on a 7 day cruise. I own a prom and pageant shop so access to formal dresses is easy for me and my two girls (15 and 21). I was hoping we could actually wear floor length true formals on our formal nights and by looking at this post I am guessing I am right. Dh will wear a tuxedo as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jdragr

I actually love the dress. I think it's really cute but I see what you mean by it being on the short side. I'm not a conservative dresser and my friends will every now and then bring me something they think I'll love and in private I'm just...what were they thinking...it's not my taste at all. I always appreciate the thought though and will wear it at least once in front of the person that got it for me even if it's not my style. Wearing it once can't hurt.;)

JDRJDR,

I hope your first cruise is all you would wish it to be! :D

Edited by mousey

I'm with Perrisk - you can make it more conservative. How about a tank/cami to fill in the neckline with capri length leggings & flats or sandals? I would go with white for all of them....since the dress has enough color on it's own. You could go all out with white sunglasses and hat..and you are all set for walking around in port. :D

Amy

The dress is cute and tropical looking and these suggestions make good sense. Just want to remind that in your mom's eyes you're still young and can wear anything...........they don't seem to realize (or accept) as daughters age. Think this is pretty common.

I LOVE the dress. Would you be so kind as to mail it to ME...:D:D:D

I LOVE the dress. Would you be so kind as to mail it to ME...:D:D:D

Absolutely! I'm going to carry it on this cruise with me and maybe take a picture in the room with it on just so my Mom can see it in pictures, and then I don't mind sending it to you at all after I get back. I think Mom said she bought a medium. I normally wear a small and it's very snug on me but there is plenty more give in the fabric. If you want it, just let me know.

I tried it on last night and it is just too much for me. And DH wholeheartedly agrees. LOL! There is no way I'll be comfortable in it out in public unless I wear leggings under it and a jacket over it. Quite frankly, that's just too much trouble and I'd much rather wear other dresses I already have in it's place.

Edited by kellane

I'm another lurker...we go on our first cruise in 12 years next week. I am loving looking at the dresses here. Kellane, I think it is wonderful that you are going to put the dress on and take a picture for your mom. I agree with the person who said that our moms don't see us as aging...I think she still sees you as a teenager and she will love seeing you in the dress. It is sweet of you to do that for her. Have a great cruise!

they don't seem to realize (or accept) as daughters age. Think this is pretty common.

Wait! My daughters age?? When was anyone going to tell me? I thought they were still in kindergarten even though they have both given me grands!

You just killed me. . .;)

When I was a young mother at home with three or four children (all boys, too!) ages 5 or 6 all the way down to nursing infant, my dear, generous mother who lived in a different state (in more ways than one :rolleyes:) sent me an expensive dry clean only, pure white skirt suit! She communicated something about thinking I might want to dress up! It was hilarious. (Though she was being perfectly serious.) She meant well, but I guess she had forgotten how dirty and sticky toddler's fingers always are, how constantly infants spit up, and that a young family's pinched budget generally doesn't allow for much in the way of dry cleaning, dress-up occasions, or, for that matter, even babysitting! I sent it back to her with many thanks. I would have felt guilty looking at it hanging unused in my closet!

When I was a young mother at home with three or four children (all boys, too!) ages 5 or 6 all the way down to nursing infant, my dear, generous mother who lived in a different state (in more ways than one :rolleyes:) sent me an expensive dry clean only, pure white skirt suit! She communicated something about thinking I might want to dress up! It was hilarious. (Though she was being perfectly serious.) She meant well, but I guess she had forgotten how dirty and sticky toddler's fingers always are, how constantly infants spit up, and that a young family's pinched budget generally doesn't allow for much in the way of dry cleaning, dress-up occasions, or, for that matter, even babysitting! I sent it back to her with many thanks. I would have felt guilty looking at it hanging unused in my closet!

LOL - were you adopted? My kids are grown but I still remember those days. I also remember warning people who wanted to hold my baby (a chronic vomiter). They never listened, with some pretty funny results. LOL

LOL - were you adopted? My kids are grown but I still remember those days. I also remember warning people who wanted to hold my baby (a chronic vomiter). They never listened, with some pretty funny results. LOL

No, I was not adopted :) but my eldest sister and I certainly spent a lot of time in our childhood trying to convince our middle sister that she was! :rolleyes:

No, I was not adopted :) but my eldest sister and I certainly spent a lot of time in our childhood trying to convince our middle sister that she was! :rolleyes:

That's not so bad - when I was little my older brother kept telling me my parents got me from a band of 'wandering gypsies'!..... I then realized how wrong he was - and my response has since been - yes but the gypies PAID us to take you off their hands! ha ha ha ha :D

Yess!! I found the new thread! :-D

If I were you CruisingGatorGirl, I'd have that blue prom dress altered. I remember it from your review and the colour is really beautiful. Maybe do something to the neckline? Just a suggestion ;)

So sorry, I just saw this! Thank you for the kind words. We just booked our next Med. cruise. Great idea about getting it altered! I will have to see what I can do :)