Here's What I've Been Told

kitty9

We are on the 6/14 itinerary out of Venice and I think this must be the one with the large Italian group, our Roll Call was wondering why the sailing was sold out six months ahead of time. But not too sure I should be worried about having 1200 Italians onboard, apart from it being noisy as another poster had remarked, it'll just be a full ship.

On one of my expedition cruises, the ship was 1/2 Italians and even though some didn't speak English and most of us didn't speak Italian, we all had a great time trying to communicate. Sure some don't abide by the "rules" of the ship, with regard to lines, etc., but neither did some of the Americans, English and Australian passengers that compromised the other 1/2. I'll bet you will have some great stories to tell about your cruise.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I further think X will do away with the 2 seatings, and go full-select dining as they do the Suite dining room, using RCI's announcement that Quantum will not have reserved MDR dining as basis.

I have a feeling you are correct about the select dining, even though it isn't my cup of tea, as I really enjoy the traditional dining when I cruise with Celebrity, I'll just go with it if it changes. For me, a small change like this isn't something to get nuts about.

I theorize that if this is what may come to be pre-paid tips will also become part of the cruise fare. The personalised get to know your waiter will be athing of the past too.:(

I theorize that if this is what may come to be pre-paid tips will also become part of the cruise fare. The personalised get to know your waiter will be athing of the past too.:(

I don't think that's true at all...the times we have used Select Dining or Blu(which is the same thing) we have asked for same servers each night and nearly always that's what happened. While the lines understand the need for flexibility they also seem to understand that for those it matters to a wait staff that is familiar to them is generally easy to accommodate. They may not care(mgmt) but I suspect the wait staff likes it that way too...more opportunity to excel and possibly(probably) garner more tips.:)

I don't think that's true at all...the times we have used Select Dining or Blu(which is the same thing) we have asked for same servers each night and nearly always that's what happened. While the lines understand the need for flexibility they also seem to understand that for those it matters to a wait staff that is familiar to them is generally easy to accommodate. They may not care(mgmt) but I suspect the wait staff likes it that way too...more opportunity to excel and possibly(probably) garner more tips.:)

Gracie, please re-read the 2 comments I was speaking about, put into that context please.

IF everything goes to select, or first come, first seat ( as RCCL is going to try on Q ) there will be no way possible to leave a waiters table open, and him/her not knowing when it will be filled. I said mine was a theroy, which is based on no fact that can be found. Stay calm.:)

ps: If you arrived at, say 7:00, and your requested server had all his tables full, knowing service takes about 2 hours, do you wait till he has one open at maybe 9:00 to be seated and begin your service?

Edited by wallie5446

So sorry, I meant ECO.

I did not want to give more details of what the activities staff told on Equinox but look for the staff to be much less, no more trivia, bingo goes to the Entertainment Staff and another "bar" somewhere on deck 5. Do not shoot the messenger. These are taking place on Equinox during her 11 day dry dock after she returns to Europe (on her way now) . So many times it is rumors but Cellar Masters is a definite on Equinox. The glass show is said to be going and a MOVIE SCREEN might take it's place. I won't be sailing on her again if this happens.

I can say they did honor requests to turn down loud music, but as everyone avoided the Martini Bar it wasn't' t any big deal.

Gracie, please re-read the 2 comments I was speaking about, put into that context please.

IF everything goes to select, or first come, first seat ( as RCCL is going to try on Q ) there will be no way possible to leave a waiters table open, and him/her not knowing when it will be filled. I said mine was a theroy, which is based on no fact that can be found. Stay calm.:)

ps: If you arrived at, say 7:00, and your requested server had all his tables full, knowing service takes about 2 hours, do you wait till he has one open at maybe 9:00 to be seated and begin your service?

I didn't disagree with your comment about tips because I think you're right. I've prepaid my tips on all my cruises for the last few years, just easier and, really, it IS part of the fare,even though they separate the item.

On the other, I agree it would be more difficult to get same wait staff, it would require flexibility, especially if you choose to dine at prime time, 7ish. But if it's important to you, as it generally is to us, we go earlier some nights, later others, and since I don't think all tables would be instantly seated at the same time in any given wait station I doubt a 2 hour wait would EVER happen anyway Certainly never has in Blu or in any Select Dining situation we've been in....I do think it would be tougher but NOT at all impossible....at least I hope not... We'll just have to wait and see, but I'll remain positive about it...who knows may never even happen...:)

So sorry, I meant ECO.

I did not want to give more details of what the activities staff told on Equinox but look for the staff to be much less, no more trivia, bingo goes to the Entertainment Staff and another "bar" somewhere on deck 5. Do not shoot the messenger. These are taking place on Equinox during her 11 day dry dock after she returns to Europe (on her way now) . So many times it is rumors but Cellar Masters is a definite on Equinox. The glass show is said to be going and a MOVIE SCREEN might take it's place. I won't be sailing on her again if this happens.

I can say they did honor requests to turn down loud music, but as everyone avoided the Martini Bar it wasn't' t any big deal.

As others have asked, what is ECO?

We were on the same cruise as the OP and yes, Cellar Masters is being turned into the pub during the 11 day dry dock. There are other new issues being implemented on Equinox but, rather post what we were told, let's see.

More interesting, ECO is building the nee ships to resemble Celebrity and the rumors for those ships will shock loyalist. Celebrity fans, keep your ears open also for the revived rumor about that merge! It's back!!!!!

PatC

So sorry, I meant ECO.

Everything you mentioned is common knowledge, except the MERGER?

It's back? With whom? There is no report from RCCL of any idea to spin off X

Everything you mentioned is common knowledge, except the MERGER?

It's back? With whom? There is no report from RCCL of any idea to spin off X

Everything? :eek:

First I've heard about a movie screen.

Don't think I've heard that "everyone" avoided the martini bar, either.

I must admit, I'm a wee bit confused by "ECO" and "merger."

Everything? :eek:

First I've heard about a movie screen.

Don't think I've heard that "everyone" avoided the martini bar, either.

I must admit, I'm a wee bit confused by "ECO" and "merger."

Opps, sorry, we had not heard of a movie screen either:o

PLEASE: If you are going to use an acronm like ECO WTH does it mean?????????????????? If you mean Economy.............say it with out all the cryptical cr*p that makes people guess.

Agree however when the Glass Show goes so do we also..................too much ECONOMY I guess

So sorry, I meant ECO.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

I didn't disagree with your comment about tips because I think you're right. I've prepaid my tips on all my cruises for the last few years, just easier and, really, it IS part of the fare,even though they separate the item.

On the other, I agree it would be more difficult to get same wait staff, it would require flexibility, especially if you choose to dine at prime time, 7ish. But if it's important to you, as it generally is to us, we go earlier some nights, later others, and since I don't think all tables would be instantly seated at the same time in any given wait station I doubt a 2 hour wait would EVER happen anyway Certainly never has in Blu or in any Select Dining situation we've been in....I do think it would be tougher but NOT at all impossible....at least I hope not... We'll just have to wait and see, but I'll remain positive about it...who knows may never even happen...:)

I agree, prepaid tips and Select is my preference as well. The tips (service charge as I call them) should be included or otherwise it gives the impression that the do not need to be paid andno- one wants that to happen to the staff. Select is our preference so we can eat when we want on any given night, we can normally get the same wait staff area and also range in table sizes for dinner for two or for ten. The best of both worlds.:D

What I think is so funny, is that everyone is being told something different by Celebrity staff. One says there will be only 2 Activities staff and another says there will be 3. One says there will be trivia and another says no trivia. One says Cellar Masters will be this and another says it will be that. One says that in the pub you will pay for small plates. And one even talks about a merger, but won't give details. Wonder who is hearing the truth and who isn't. Maybe we should just wait and get the real scoop from Celebrity, before we get so upset.

What I think is so funny, is that everyone is being told something different by Celebrity staff. One says there will be only 2 Activities staff and another says there will be 3. One says there will be trivia and another says no trivia. One says Cellar Masters will be this and another says it will be that. One says that in the pub you will pay for small plates. And one even talks about a merger, but won't give details. Wonder who is hearing the truth and who isn't. Maybe we should just wait and get the real scoop from Celebrity, before we get so upset.

Ditto! Spot on! We agree! Nuff said! +1!:D

The telephone game has always been fun to play, but a few of us have been taken to task for questioning second hand information with no cliff note as to where it came from:rolleyes:

Ya know, like out of 2700+ pax and a bunch of Capt Club members on a sailing they were the only privileged enough to have top secret, not for any others to know information. Right!

Edited by wallie5446