Here's What I've Been Told

kitty9

Perfectly put :)

Maybe all those who are in favour should take a cruise from Southampton on P and O first and then see what it has done to the brand, maybe they won't be so keen, I can understand why they are in favour, they are not British and it

Sounds fun, I just hope if Celebrity do make these changes it doesn't go the same way as the British ships

Funny enough I did a mini cruise on p&o last weekend... And to be honest I really enjoyed it and found Brodie's to be a fun place to spend an hour or 2 watching the sport or the karaoke! We both said it would be quite nice to have somewhere like that on the celebrity ships to enjoy from time to time! And I am indeed English!

Now I am relatively new to cruising and might not be in the same age bracket of most celebrity cruisers... But I have done 3 past celebrity cruises (all solstice class) and I must say both me & my girlfriend have really enjoyed every minute on board and so much so we have a further 2 booked that we are very excited about as we really enjoy everything that celebrity has to offer!

My previous point was meant to be taken as... we are all different and I have meet many seasoned travelers on celebrity that some like some stuff & some other stuff not so much but as the saying goes if you don't like something on board you don't have to go to it... I'm not a massive fan of the spa with the over priced treatments so guess what I choose not to go there! It doesn't spoil my cruise nor do I wish it to be removed as I'm sure there are plenty of others that enjoy it and good for them...

O and another thing I do indeed wear football shirts most days on board and if people have a problem with that they need to deal with it not me... I have indeed seen some very strange dress-sense on all 3 of the celebrity cruises I have done but guess what if they feel good in what they wear great as it doesn't bother me in the slightest : )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. If i were Michael Bayley a call to the Hotel Director on the EQ would be in order. There would be some managers who would no longer be managing. I would assume that these associates have more important things to do like managing their departments. Apparently not.

Why is it when someone brings some news to this forum people jump all over them. I have been cruising with Celebrity since the 90's and they need to shake things up. I for one am looking forward to trying new venues and activities. Michael Bayley would accomplish more if you would all just wait and see what the finished product will be and if we do not like it there are lots of other lines out there that would get glad fir you to join them.

FYI we have travelled on most cruise lines Love most of them dislike so e of them.

Why is it when someone brings some news to this forum people jump all over them. I have been cruising with Celebrity since the 90's and they need to shake things up. I for one am looking forward to trying new venues and activities. Michael Bayley would accomplish more if you would all just wait and see what the finished product will be and if we do not like it there are lots of other lines out there that would get glad fir you to join them.

FYI we have travelled on most cruise lines Love most of them dislike so e of them.

Well said!

People do seem to like so have a moan about change... Without knowing if it's going to be for the better or not! All businesses need to look at changes & move with the times to develop their business and build a future customer base for them to survive!

The competition in the cruise market is massive with all the new ships coming out so celebrity have to look at ways of competing in the market & attracting new passengers, and I for one welcome any changes that might improve my holiday!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL.... Who is jumping on anyone? Where have I stated that I did not like the product? I am one of the ones that prefers to hear it from the cruise and try it for myself rather than hearsay. :rolleyes: Personally I have no issues if X changes Cellar Masters. So far I like the changes Bayley has made. Nice to see Celebrity moving forward with their product.

Edited by cruisingator2

Well yes but that was/is because of "overflow" crowds. Michael's also has or had many chairs/couches too. Perry is just a big draw. I gather from Host Andy, who is on Eclipse right now, that the "folding chairs" in Cellar Masters for Perry's shows are the predominant seating arrangement because there are not the available seats there that Michael's had. A pub atmosphere I would think would add that type of seating, and then if needed, additional folding seats could be added for shows that required it.

Yes, it was because of all the guests. even the regular chairs were organized in rows on both sides. The end result was that The Michael's Club was dramatically changed except for the one night. Do to the large number of people attending two shows a day it was a good use of space. I do not see how it would work much better in the Cellar Master area. Perhaps it would be better in the Sky Lounge or in the atrium.

Here is what I have been told, and you can take it for what it is worth.

We got an email from a friend on the Equinox that heard when the Equinox goes in for it's 10 freshen up next week, they were going to install sliding doors at the entrance to the buffet.

We will have to scan our Sea Pass card to open the door, just like we do to get into our cabin, but here is the catch. Everytime you do, your account will be charged 5 cents American per visit, and after 10 visits per day it goes to 10 cents!

But then someone else told her that the scanners were to be installed on the doors going into the Equinox Theater, not the buffet. What a conundrum. I guess they really are trying to shake things up!;)

If the Pub becomes a reality, they will have a cover charge for the food.

Everything RCL corp and most cruise lines are doing now, is trying to create more onboard spend. The pub should have a modest cover charge to eat there. I would think a $5 or $10 cover + of course the beer!! :) this is just my opinion.

Hi Darcie,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting. IMO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a discussion of what may or may not transpire. We all have something in common, and that's our passion for all things Celebrity.

BTW, there's a document from Celebrity in circulation, that specifically states the Suite Dining Room, will be carved out of the Main Dining Room, so at least for now, that seems to be fact. As I'm typing this at Sea, I'm unable to post the document.

Very interesting comment about Cellar Masters. I suspect something may eventually happen there, as it's typically very quiet. I'm not a huge fan of the pub idea.... but if it happens ? I hope it will be very successful.

here is the link to the document!

5th Question down.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Where will the dedicated private restaurant be located?

A section of the main dining room onboard will be converted to be used for the dedicated private restaurant for Suite Class.

I'll be on the first cruise after drydock. All I care about is that Bistro on 5 is still available...loved it on Solstice, and couldn't understand why it was so underused.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

CellarMasters - particularly on the S-Class, is underutilised I think everyone agrees. It's a pity as I love the space and it's nice sometimes to have somewhere a bit more secluded and quieter for a drink with some friends.

However with the move to beverage packages (I think it's now North of 70% in terms of average number of passengers with a beverage card), the fact that the Enomatic wine machines are specifically excluded from beverage packages is a direct reason why I usually ended up at another bar or lounge for pre- or post-dinner drinks. True, one can get select wines by the glass that are covered if you upgraded to the Premium Package, but on the whole this place is lucky to have a half dozen folks in here while other venues are packed.

I do expect changes, especially if X needs to create dining venues for Suite guests, and "Concierge Lounges". Michaels Club on some vessels is "the beer place" with over 40 (50?) different beers from around the world, and on Reflection I found this to be a busy spot once folks "discovered it" later in the cruise. It'll be a shame if Michaels Club in effect becomes off-limits and there is a loss of CellarMasters as well.

If the Pub becomes a reality, they will have a cover charge for the food.

Everything RCL corp and most cruise lines are doing now, is trying to create more onboard spend. The pub should have a modest cover charge to eat there. I would think a $5 or $10 cover + of course the beer!! :) this is just my opinion.

Some pub type food is already available. Fish and chips are served in the buffet at lunch time. Bangers are served in the buffet at breakfast. How could they charge for food easily available at other free locations?

Yes, it was because of all the guests. even the regular chairs were organized in rows on both sides. The end result was that The Michael's Club was dramatically changed except for the one night. Do to the large number of people attending two shows a day it was a good use of space. I do not see how it would work much better in the Cellar Master area. Perhaps it would be better in the Sky Lounge or in the atrium.

Don't know if it will better in Cellar Masters or not but Michael's is out for sure. I read, somewhere on these boards, last year that he DID do some performances in the Sky Lounge and that while he attracted a good crowd the atmosphere is so different, more impersonal, in that lounge that he supposedly did not like it himself. Perhaps that's why he is now in Cellar Masters on Eclipse....don't know....I'm not a huge fan, my DH is, but I recognize his ability to draw a crowd for sure. I guess my point is that I'm glad they are using Cellar Masters for SOMETHING, it has always been the most underused area on most any sailing I've been on. Guess we'll have to wait and see.....:)

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I had to skip a few pages of this thread.

I got off the Reflection yesterday. Although I did not go to Cellar Masters (except for the CC meet up), I noticed in the Celebrity Today listings that "tapas" was printed beside Cellar Masters' opening hours.

Don't know if it will better in Cellar Masters or not but Michael's is out for sure. I read, somewhere on these boards, last year that he DID do some performances in the Sky Lounge and that while he attracted a good crowd the atmosphere is so different, more impersonal, in that lounge that he supposedly did not like it himself. Perhaps that's why he is now in Cellar Masters on Eclipse....don't know....I'm not a huge fan, my DH is, but I recognize his ability to draw a crowd for sure. I guess my point is that I'm glad they are using Cellar Masters for SOMETHING, it has always been the most underused area on most any sailing I've been on. Guess we'll have to wait and see.....:)

I concur.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I had to skip a few pages of this thread.

I got off the Reflection yesterday. Although I did not go to Cellar Masters (except for the CC meet up), I noticed in the Celebrity Today listings that "tapas" was printed beside Cellar Masters' opening hours.

They had tapas listed in Cellar Masters at least twice that I noticed on the Solstice in September. Both times that I went by to check it out, there were no tapas, and no bartender. The place was entirely empty both times. I double checked the time and location, but no, I had those both correct. I never did get around to asking what was up with that. I did think it would have been nice to have a few nibbles (an olive, a piece of good cheese) after getting back from port, or with a glass of wine before dinner.

not trying to buy into an argument here, but just an observation.

have never cruised with celebrity,but will be in april 2015.

have sailed with 5 other lines,and I can clearly state the following,on the diamond princess bankgkok to Sydney the ship, the food, the staff were all exceptional,but to have a pub lunch on sea days was just terrific,i have got to say it was one of the best steak and kidney pies with mash I have ever had.

I also agree with others though, if celebrity are going to do it, do it with taste,tv's and all, but no volume.(or just a tiny bit)

We were on the Eclipse in February and went to Cellar Masters to have a glass of wine and listen to the string trio many evenings (And as much as we enjoyed them I DO have to agree that there were under 20 people in there most evenings. :( )

The sommelier offered us cheese and small (what I considered) hors d'oeuvres every evening. I wonder if that's what they are referring to as "tapas"? There was no extra charge for the food - just the wine.

Just realised my post has been deleted on this thread :(

Have no idea why - it wasn't offensive to anyone - does anyone know why ?

Lou

I had this happen to me earlier this year in a thread that was created by people commenting on the "search" function being operational again. I wasn't sure if my comment disappearing from the thread was a "glitch" of the board or an intentional removal. My comment wasn't disparaging to anyone.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

Well, I'm still able to post on other threads, so I guess I've not been banned !

I really would like to know what I supposed to have done though :(

Lou

Go to the user CP on the upper left of this page and see if you have a private message from Cruise Critic. If not I would not worry about it. I once received a guide line reminder when I attempted to direct someone to a web site.

We just got off the ship this morning

We were told on day 2 of this cruise that cellar master's would become an Irish Pub

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by 4cats4me

Go to the user CP on the upper left of this page and see if you have a private message from Cruise Critic. If not I would not worry about it. I once received a guide line reminder when I attempted to direct someone to a web site.

Thank you for taking the time to reply - its much appreciated.

I've checked and can't see anything - was just concerned that I'd done something wrong.

Cheers

Lou

We just got off the ship this morning

We were told on day 2 of this cruise that cellar master's would become an Irish Pub

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As a true wine lover.. not thrilled. I enjoy the Pub lunches on Princess but it's just in one of their lounges.. not a full time" Pub" that is a going to be an Americanized replica like on RCCL ships... not a true "Pub" found in England...:eek:

CC