Here's What I've Been Told

kitty9

We are sailing on 6/14. Any other info on the large Italian group? How would X cater to this group? Why should I be concerned about this?

We had a very large number of Germans and Austrians on our recent Eclipse cruise. I didn't see how it made much difference at all. A few times the Oceanview Cafe served red cabbage and saurkraut plus a few examples of German cuisine--if indeed that is German cuisine. Maybe that same food would have been served regardless of who was on board. But honestly other than that I didn't notice any marked difference between that cruise and same cruise we took the year before.

Oh, I forgot--the little newspapers the ship prints each day could be found in German, English, Portuguese and Spanish. I think they are in several languages on any Celebrity cruise though.

I forgot. Announcements were made in English, German and French.

Edited by Gangway Style

I for one, appreciate your post! It sure doesn't spoil my anticipation of our next cruise and the changes coming. I read the post in the way I think you meant it to be read, not gospel but from a good source and I thank you for posting.

I agree and second that.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

The pub on the QM2 was specifically mentioned as what this pub would resemble.

Perhaps as a concept. But Cunard doesn't charge for food in their pub. Very nice choices with Indian and British fare. Hard to get a seat during lunchtime. No TV's though.;)

Perhaps as a concept. But Cunard doesn't charge for food in their pub. Very nice choices with Indian and British fare. Hard to get a seat during lunchtime. No TV's though.;)

I would find this concept very appealing (with or without the tv sports coverage).

Edited by vulcan1971

I think a British pub, al la Cunard version would be great, especially if they have the great bangers and mash, shepherds pie, fish and chips, chicken tikka marsala, steak and kidney pie, ploughmans type lunches, plus pudding of the day, that they offered on QM2.

The pub there was a hub of activity, with lots of trivia, the awesome lunch, then great music in the evenings.

If they add decent beer and keep a good selections of wines, what's not to like?

I am no sports fan, but as others have said, as long as the sound is turned down, who cares if there is sport on TV?

We are sailing on 6/14. Any other info on the large Italian group? How would X cater to this group? Why should I be concerned about this?

First that was just a guess that this group might be on that sailing due to the two dates that I listed are the ones that leave from Italy. Heck they could be on our sailing. If they were on board you will more than likely see certain venues closed off at times for private function.

FYI, for anyone cruising on Equinox in June, and sorry I don't know the date, there's a huge Italian group on board numbering 1200. You may find things being tailored to that group on that cruise.

Sounds like Costa cruise to me! :D:D:D

Be prepared to a big mess, crowds and no idea what "queue" is.:rolleyes:

Well, ok then. I'm done posting so not as to intrude on anyone's flight of fancy.

See you all----sometime. Btw, I hope no one else spoils anyone's reading here by posting ANY information about X until it comes from the company's president.

I appreciate any info you or others provide even if there is incomplete or conflicting statements. I have followed and valued your posts for many years and look forward to many more.

Don't let 'em get you down or run you off, Darcie.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

We are on the 6/28 out of Rome.

I too thing cellar masters is underutilized. We did not like the dining experiences on our 1 and only NCL cruise, but loved the Pub onboard. We got to see a Chicago Bears / Green Bay game (American Football) in the pub and there were plenty of fans of each team cheering and us in our Bears gear.

I think it would be a nice change of pace. Looking forward to it!

I too will be keeping an eye on the thread.

Kitty9

Sorry to be off topic but I found an old thread about RCL stock and onboard credit. I see that you bought shares at a ridiculous low price. I hope you held onto those shares.

Well done!

I found this post to be quite distasteful, no call for something like this and definitely off topic.

that pub would make sense if that ship is sailing alot from Great Britain.. we actually enjoyed the British Pub on QM2...esp. for lunch.

would hate to lose Bistro on 5 from any ship esp. b/c we have heard that AQ spa cafe is not doing the made to order grilled salmon for lunch...

Poached salmon (which was VERY good!) was served every third day for lunch in the Aqua Spa Cafe on our recent cruise on the Eclipse. You did have to ask for it and it took about 10 minutes as it was made to order.

And to reiterate - they are NOT closing Bistro on 5.

I would think all of the people who wanted to see major sporting events while on board will be thrilled with this change.

As for us, we will be sorry to lose this quiet venue for the string trio (and I have a feeling we'll be losing the string trio altogether , as well. :( )

Edited by chamima

"Cellar Masters will be changed to a British, tapas style pub with 30 draft beers and 30 bottled beers."

I love the idea of Cellar Masters being revamped after our recent Reflection cruise. I liked it but noticed it was highly underused. My husband called it a cave. LOL!

Changing it into something that will appeal to more cruisers is a great idea. But having said that, 30 draft beers? THIRTY? Are you kidding me? I work for a global beer company. The only bars that can successfully move 30 brands on draught are huge establishments in highly populated regions that sell beer and mostly only beer. Draught systems are complex. They need to be impeccably installed, cleaned and maintained. Kegs need to be depleted quickly for optimized taste. With 30 lines, certainly a few would go stale or to waste due to disinterest. Then there's the issue of the popular brand running out at sea. I do see Celebrity continuing to offer a wide selection of easily stored BOTTLED beer but if they end up going with 30 draught brands I would be surprised. If they do, they can hire me to choose their portfolio, maintain their lines and ensure quality control! LOL! :)

Edited by Smurfette76

Take it or leave it, for what it's worth.

Now, here's the conundrum. Four people have said the suite dining area will be in the MDR, while two others said it will be in Bistro on 5. And, the included specialty dining will only be until the suite dining area is in place, and after that it will go back to having the extra charge. Bistro on 5 will continue to be for everyone for breakfast and lunch.

Celebrity has confirmed that the New Suite Restaurant will be carved from the MDR and NOT Bistro on 5.

Nothing against the OP but I really wish people would stop posting this type information. We can already see what happens when it's posted. I myself will wait until X makes the announcements.

I think the poster started a good thread and asked crew members questions many of us were wondering on the boards. If you arent happy with the topic, just dont read it. The OP was definitely trying to help and not to incite.

I would find this concept very appealing (with or without the tv sports coverage).

I'm with you!! Loved the beer selections in Michaels but the atmosphere was pretty nonexistent. I would love a British pub. There are plenty of other options for those who like martinis, cocktails, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have any concerns. One of the reasons we cruise with Celebrity is their restrictive smoking policy. This group will probably have many smokers, just hope they follow the rules....;)

Well they've already said most of the new Suite benefits don't even go into effect until next April...which gives them ALOT of time to do whatever they have to in the MDR for this new dining area. They've stated they aren't removing Bistro on 5 and see no reason to doubt this.

No, I'm not a fan of British pubs but Cellar Masters is THE biggest wasted space on the ship. Perry Grant is now playing in there on the Eclipse to an audience sitting in folded chairs, suspect it would be a lot more comfortable if redesigned as a British pub....also suspect the British Pub idea will generate A LOT more use then Cellar Masters, so I'm happy to see the change.

Also Celebrity has already announced publicly that the Spec. Dining deal will be for Royal Suites and above, with no mention that it will only be "until" the MDR is ready.

No offense to the OP but this sounds like a lot of rumors, until X actually publishes a new statement that most of what they announced last month is not accurate I'm going with the original press release from Celebrity.

I assume you did not already know, but when Perry performed in Michael's Club most people also were seated on folding chairs.

Regardless of how many craft beers there are, I sincerely hope one of them will be served with a head on it and at the correct temperature, not chilled enough to numb your teeth.

With 60 total and 30 on draft (draught) there's no reason not to have a variety of beers at various temperatures.

MARK

Edited by NAVFAM

"Cellar Masters will be changed to a British, tapas style pub with 30 draft beers and 30 bottled beers."

I love the idea of Cellar Masters being revamped after our recent Reflection cruise. I liked it but noticed it was highly underused. My husband called it a cave. LOL!

Changing it into something that will appeal to more cruisers is a great idea. But having said that, 30 draft beers? THIRTY? Are you kidding me? I work for a global beer company. The only bars that can successfully move 30 brands on draught are huge establishments in highly populated regions that sell beer and mostly only beer. Draught systems are complex. They need to be impeccably installed, cleaned and maintained. Kegs need to be depleted quickly for optimized taste. With 30 lines, certainly a few would go stale or to waste due to disinterest. Then there's the issue of the popular brand running out at sea. I do see Celebrity continuing to offer a wide selection of easily stored BOTTLED beer but if they end up going with 30 draught brands I would be surprised. If they do, they can hire me to choose their portfolio, maintain their lines and ensure quality control! LOL! :)

Need any help? No LOL!

MARK

Edited by NAVFAM

Darcie:

As always thank you for the information and don't let some of the comments get you down.

I think the poster started a good thread and asked crew members questions many of us were wondering on the boards. If you arent happy with the topic, just dont read it. The OP was definitely trying to help and not to incite.

Two terrific posts and spot on. Several posts not in the spirit and leanding help & advice that this board was meant. Thanks to the OP - many of us appreciate what you have heard.