Carnival Victory - Awoken by water out of ceiling

SconnieMom

[quote name='firemanbobswife'][B]"You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."[/B] The minute you whipped out the cell phone, you asked to be treated like a hostile customer.[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]While that may be completely, and totally, true [B]. . .[/B] you can catch even [U]more[/U] files with a big pile of fresh poo. :eek:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]I'm not taking [U]anyone's[/U] side in the subject of this thread. I wasn't there, so I can offer no valid opinion.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]I personally choose to start [B]all[/B] requests for review of any dissatisfaction by stating the positives and working from there with the most details in the fewest words. But sometimes you can get the immediate sense that another process might need to happen [B]. . .[/B] and in those rare instances, it might be time to start some [B]'[/B]flinging[B]'[/B]. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white].[/COLOR]

What I find interesting, is how many people here on Cruise Critic and other places, are "customer experience and brand market research" people.

I must be the only one that digs ditches. :rolleyes:

[quote name='iSpark']What I find interesting, is how many people here on Cruise Critic and other places, are "customer experience and brand market research" people.

I must be the only one that digs ditches. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Lol! I am not in the "cust exp and brand market research" field - but I did work at a Disney World resort front desk for 5 years. We saw all kinds of people that felt they deserved compensation for any little thing. I would have people complain about their flight, how much the taxi cost (even though Disney has free transportation to/from the airport), how busy it is during the holidays or even the weather expecting something from Disney - seriously, they would expect compensation for rain :mad:

If there is a problem with a room you bet it will be fixed - a new room, an upgrade or a comped night (depending on the issue and occupancy). But no longer will guests get all the little extras.

The OP was inconvenienced for a small amount of time (however long the they chose to stand outside the cabin waiting for compensation is irrelevant), no one was hurt and none of their belongings got damaged. A new cabin and OBC is fair compensation from Carnival.

[quote name='iSpark']What I find interesting, is how many people here on Cruise Critic and other places, are "customer experience and brand market research" people.

I must be the only one that digs ditches. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the new USA, where everyone gets a title, not a raise. You mean that when they handed you the shovel they didn't tell you that you were now a "Groundwater Control Engineer"? And weren't you advised that your job included asking the water whether it was happy with the ditch? Damn sloppy HR if you ask me.:D

[quote name='CatlinSTJ']One thing I am surprised that no one has pointed out is that if the OP contacts Carnival in a threatening manner (give me more or else), the family is very likely to end up on the banned list.
Read post #88, thanks.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014[/quote]
read post #88

[quote name='klfrodo']How are they supposed to please you if they don't know what you want?

Some people would be fine with what they offered,,, some people would expect a free family reunion cruise in the Owners Suite.

Wife to husband: I'm mad at you.
Husband to wife: What did I do?
Wife to husband: If you don't know, then you don't love me!
Husband: :confused:[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated and perfect example!

Water dripping on the floor is one thing. But DIRTY water from who knows where dripping on her person is totally different. I'm not sure what fair compensation is but half a days fare isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='SconnieMom']I expect at minimum they offer full day for our entire group[/QUOTE]

I am probably going to get blasted for this, but I agree with you completely on the premise that the entire group was inconvenienced due to having to share a cabin for a given period of time that was more likely than not a very inconvenient time.

That being said, I would try to get this and if I could not, be willing to negotiate down to half day credit for the entire group. But the main point to my post is that you proceed with your request based on the premise that the ENTIRE group was inconvenienced at a very inconvenient time of day.

Hope this helps ;) Edited by bdever

[quote name='Boozebabe']Water dripping on the floor is one thing. But DIRTY water from who knows where dripping on her person is totally different. I'm not sure what fair compensation is but half a days fare isn't it.[/QUOTE]

Read post #90 & #91 please.

[quote name='DGP1111'][COLOR=darkred]While that may be completely, and totally, true [B]. . .[/B] you can catch even [U]more[/U] files with a big pile of fresh poo. :eek:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]I'm not taking [U]anyone's[/U] side in the subject of this thread. I wasn't there, so I can offer no valid opinion.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]I personally choose to start [B]all[/B] requests for review of any dissatisfaction by stating the positives and working from there with the most details in the fewest words. But sometimes you can get the immediate sense that another process might need to happen [B]. . .[/B] and in those rare instances, it might be time to start some [B]'[/B]flinging[B]'[/B]. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white].[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

As someone else who works in customer service... if you were nice to me and didn't ask to remove fees or what no I would go out of my way to do it and then some. But if you were rude and by the tone of this lady she was, I would do everything in my power not to give you anything. And if you got too belligerent I would get you trespassed. And your accounts closed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='SconnieMom']There shouldn't BE an opening bid. I shouldn't have to negotiate to get fair compensation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

With all due respect it sounds like you received fair compensation. Were any if your belongings ruined? Other than the inconvenience of moving to another room, and receiving compensation for that inconvenience, what else do you believe you are owed? Not flaming, just an honest question.

Things happens.... Do not think that blackmail with a video is an honest way of doing things to get extra money when they were moved to a new room and given half a day compensation.... You did not lose anything.... I do hope that you never get blackmail this is just nasty.... And immoral....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that what i am going to say will not please everyone, but if she had not mentioned many times the fact that she had a video that could harmed Carnival image, I would not see anything wrong.... But Things happens, accidents happens. Do not think that blackmail with a video is an honest way of doing business or things to get extra money. They were moved to a new room and given half a day compensation.... And if you are not satisfied you just write to headquarters.... Blackmail is nasty and immoral....
You have other ways to get your point.... Like writing to headquarters and the choice of never cruising with Carnival again. Did you enjoy the first days of your cruise? The last day yes you were inconvenience but was it so bad? I doubt because out of your panic you were able to film it all..... Panic??? Your daughter yes i am sure that she was cared but for no more than a couple of minutes... Really, was it so terrible? Did it ruined all those good days you had before the accident? Hope you deal with the situation in another way than blackmail. This will be the first time that I will cruise with Carnival and your story is sad but will not stop me from going on my cruise in August. May God help you find the right way and the right words to express your dissatisfaction without blackmail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='belkin'][COLOR=red][B]OP I am sorry that you had a problem on your last sea day. When you describe the situation you sound very confrontational and this will make the staff nervous. I don't know what you do for a living but I know that if someone was video taping my every move at work I would be very uncomfortable.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][B]Why did you start right out filming everything? That is the last thing I would have even thought of doing[/B][/COLOR]. Why did you have to spend so much time "dealing" with the staff.

I would have removed all valuables from the room and gone out and done my thing while maybe checking back intermittently.

Compensation could have been better but I do think it was fair.[/quote]

Belkin, I agree with the bolded red text from your post above.

I too sympathize with the OP--I would be very upset if unclear water of unknown origin rained down on me (or my family member). But, filming the incident, employees, etc. would probably be the last thing I'd be thinking. The OP's immediate filming of the incident may have set a tone of negativity/hostility (and could possibly have alluded to an ulterior motive) from the outset.

As others have previously stated, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar--having been on both sides of the customer/customer-service-employee fence, I can say with definite certainty that this is true.