Past NCL cruise?

Bases5

I cruised NCL back in 81 on the Skyward. I have shore excursion program a menu and some other stuff. How would I go about getting credit for this cruise in latitudes.

Is there somewhere to send copy's.

Do you think it's worth the effort, It was only 7 days.

I have no points as of now.

If you have a scanner, scan copies of what you have and email them to latclerical@ncl.com. If you don't have a scanner, take a photo of them and send that. If you know your Latitude Number, make sure you include that in your email. Include your full name, DOB, address and phone number in the email also. :)

...Do you think it's worth the effort, It was only 7 days. I have no points as of now.

Looking at the list of benefits, I would say it is not worth much. Your call.

On the other hand, if you think you will be cruising lots in the future, then it might be. Personally, I would wait until after MY first cruise and decide if I will sail with NCL again. And, at that point you will have a latitudes number vs. asking them to create one for you.

Edited by garycarla

Looking at the list of benefits, I would say it is not worth much. Your call.

On the other hand, if you think you will be cruising lots in the future, then it might be. Personally, I would wait until after MY first cruise and decide if I will sail with NCL again. And, at that point you will have a latitudes number vs. asking them to create one for you.

Very good point. Thanks,

I cruised NCL back in 81 on the Skyward. I have shore excursion program a menu and some other stuff. How would I go about getting credit for this cruise in latitudes.

I am not certain about this, but I don't think past cruises before the program started can count, but if they do, what you have is about all you need. Just send latitude a letter or email showing what you still have. When we cruised the Seaward in about 1990 all we had to do was tell them the names of our dining room steward, plus the ports: they accepted that as proof.

I am not certain about this, but I don't think past cruises before the program started can count, but if they do, what you have is about all you need. Just send latitude a letter or email showing what you still have. When we cruised the Seaward in about 1990 all we had to do was tell them the names of our dining room steward, plus the ports: they accepted that as proof.

Our early 80's cruises were credited by Latitudes. Contact them and they will tell you what they want for proof and how to get it to them. We were given a fax number and within a few days were given full credit.

I cruised on the Norwegian Sea in 97 for two weeks and called Latitudes. They didn't have a record so I faxed them a photo of me on the ship with the date and then they gave me the credit. That was around 12 years ago. . . . . I guess today I'd be scanning and emailing it :D

Why not? You have nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain:)

I have done just this and received my points for a 7 day cruise on the Seaward back in the 80's when it first came out. I scanned our things for them and they had no problem putting it on my latitudes number and gave me 7 points for it.

I guess my question is...why do you want the 7 points if you haven't cruised with them since then and have 0 points right now? Are you booked with them or planning on booking? If you are going to book (or have booked) with them, I would at least wait until you have your first cruise in order to get your latitudes number and some points added to it. Just my opinion. :)

7 points here - 7 points there - not some big deal - I digress !

Given 7 points in the bank now with earning some more on the next cruise

may just be the ticket to getting to the next tier of Latitudes sooner with

any and all bennies associated with the level.

7 points bronze added to a 14 day cruise booked 9 months in advance is going

to reap 28 additional points = 35 total equaling a level of silver !

Make that a suite and add 14 more points = 49 and you are now in the

gold.

Book a 7 day cruise 9 months out in a suite and you are just five points shy

of Platinum where the NCL action begins with FREE laundry; a bottle of bubbly

and maybe a handshake from the Captain - WHOO-WHOO !

Make that a 10 day cruise and you are in garnering 9 additional points !

Platinum starts at 76 points

But it is far better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick ! Get the drift !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
information correction

Don't the cruise lines keep records of people. I believe that I sailed on the Westward and Windward many years ago, and I really don't have any proof. I guess that means that I am out of luck.

They do now and they did back then too, but as with all things the transfer from paper based to technology wasn't always a smooth process.

As someone who will be platinum after my next cruise, I never really think that the perks are that great. Nice to have yes, but not the biggest loss.

They do now and they did back then too, but as with all things the transfer from paper based to technology wasn't always a smooth process.

As someone who will be platinum after my next cruise, I never really think that the perks are that great. Nice to have yes, but not the biggest loss.

You will change your mind about the perks after you begin to get concierge service no matter what cabin you book, dinner for 2 at LeBistro with wine, free laundry and the ship tour, etc., etc., etc. They aren't all that great until you hit Platinum! Then they ROCK!

You will change your mind about the perks after you begin to get concierge service no matter what cabin you book, dinner for 2 at LeBistro with wine, free laundry and the ship tour, etc., etc., etc. They aren't all that great until you hit Platinum! Then they ROCK!

I hope so :) I'm in a penthouse with my boys for two weeks out of Venice this summer which gives me loads of points as it was booked a year back. 36 I think, which takes me into platinum. Hopefully the p/h service is an indication of the benefits to come :cool:

We had to send a photo of us on the ship as proof and my husband got the credit for an old trip.

Now we are both platinum and the benefits out beat celebrity elite and royal diamond

Who did you direct your picture to at Norweigan? I found an ms Westward photo that we had taken leaving the ship in Key West. I would love to get my old points.:confused: