is it my imagination....

Well I cannot really answer that since I have not cruised on this line before. BUT I have been checking prices for May 2015 and they seem to be through the roof. We were looking at Oasis, which is very high and I expect it to be. But even Freedom seemed high, comparatively. I am hoping that the prices are just abnormally high and will be coming down. Right now we are looking at over $3000 for two adults and a child in an Ocean view in the mid May. Perhaps we have always just got smoking hot deals, but our last two cruises combined did not cost that much!

Absolutely correct, I can't believe the prices, I was on EOS in March 10 night in a GS and it was cheaper then some of the D1's on a 7 night.. Glad I already booked 2015 early, that cruise went up $800 already..

Cruising is an addiction, I am an addict. Darn proud of it

A sale has to be coming soon. The 2 cruises I have booked have gone up at least 50 percent over the past 2-3 months. I booked adventure 2015 cruise a week ago and it has already gone up. Hang on tight - what goes up must come down. price drop is coming.

or have all the prices doubled recently.

Talk about sticker shock!

Bill

I know when I was looking at the WOW sale last saturday, I noticed the prices jumped WAY up from the day before. If you didn't know that, I guess you'd think there really WAS a sale! Deceptive advertising if you ask me. :mad:

We are sailing on Freedom August 31-Sept6.....and we booked a E2 Balcony for $899pp......now its $1200pp.....CRAZINESS:eek:!

We will be on this same cruise but.we hit a sale just right and snagged a D1 for $939pp with a $150 OBC......best deal we ever got!

We need to book a cruise for next June for the family but the prices right now are. :eek: so I will wait.....and hope prices come down!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

yes:eek:

After I did so much homework, and careful consideration. We chose Royal to be loyal to(to go up the ladder of C & A) But, with the prices I am seeing, its going to make it extremely hard to be only Loyal to Royal.... I am now finding myself scouring the competition and seeing what they are offering...

I am sure I am not alone.

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

For the last 2 days I have been looking at AOS Sept 2015 which has almost every room still available. The initial page shows the lower (old)price, the price that comes up when you book a room is new / higher. The RC site has done this on a regular basis over the past 2 years! Good work RC :mad:, All I can say is: Good luck getting people to book rooms with "bait and switch" pricing like that

For the last 2 days I have been looking at AOS Sept 2015 which has almost every room still available. The initial page shows the lower (old)price, the price that comes up when you book a room is new / higher. The RC site has done this on a regular basis over the past 2 years! Good work RC :mad:, All I can say is: Good luck getting people to book rooms with "bait and switch" pricing like that

We normally have to book early as we like to have family room, This year for family of 5 on the Indy in July we paid just over £8000 but phoned for quote on Anthem next year Aug 2015 Italian Med price was £16, 540.00:eek: Think we will give that one a miss, Would like to wait for sale prices but they never have family rooms left by then:(

The economy is up, people are spending money. Naturally it's RCI's goal to earn money, not give great deals to people. So, prices rise. They will continue to rise until they hit a point where people quit cruising. They "test the waters." It's easy for them as all they need to do is put out a WOW sale or simply lower prices. More and more I've noticed that many cruises will come down after final payment. But if you monitor the prices, you'll notice that they usually climb as the cruise books, then level off, then reduce if there are still many cabins available. We booked Alaska for May. After a month the rates dropped about $100. Then went back up. Then after final payment they dropped significantly, but only for JS's. We were able to upgrade for free from an aft balcony to an aft JS. I did have to lose $100 OBC as the rate was not eligible for Next Cruise certificate. But to upgrade to JS for loss or $100 OBC was well worth it. If I hadn't booked, I would have saved $600. But it was after final payment. So... basically free upgrade.

Anyway, that is my opinion on high prices.

Well, in 2004 our first cruise out of Galveston on a Vision class ship cost us around $1200 for a balcony, we have now booked Liberty out of Galveston in 2016 for $2100........but, that was 10 years ago and Liberty is a Freedom class ship.....

So how much is milk in your location? I know that has more than doubled in the last 10 years!:cool:

We already have our thanksgiving trip booked on the Allure but I check prices about once a week because I'm still hoping my brother's family will go.

We are at around $3600 total for 2 central park view connecting staterooms. A few weeks ago that same trip was over $7k in the same type of rooms:eek:

Today it is $5,256.00 for the same rooms. I guess we did well.

Debbie

yes:eek:

After I did so much homework, and careful consideration. We chose Royal to be loyal to(to go up the ladder of C & A) But, with the prices I am seeing, its going to make it extremely hard to be only Loyal to Royal.... I am now finding myself scouring the competition and seeing what they are offering...

I am sure I am not alone.

You are not the only one!

I seriously could have written your post my self

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe they are trying to trick you by keeping the numbers the same but moving them around a little.

Lolz!!

After reading what you said a THIRD time, I finally got it.

Both prices have the exact same number's in them. Just mixed up a bit.

Geeeeez. I think I need to go to sleep. It's almost midnight here is Auz.

My brain isn't functioning normally 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have to be selective. New ships = higher fares. As an example, I'm looking at a Feb., '16 cruise on the Adventure for a d2 category and it's $780 per after the balcony discount. A very good price for 7 days of warmth and relaxation. Also, the fees & taxes are twice as high leaving from a US port versus San Juan.