is it my imagination....

I just checked on our cruise for June on Allure and our price dropped again. A D8 cabin is now 1200 per person( and others in this category are going for 1150) and we originally booked for 1500 per. We have already received one adjustment that saved us 400 total and have asked our TA to see if we could upgrade or get OBC.

When we started cruising if one waited until the last minute (really month) you could get killer deals. Then the industry tried to lure you in earlier by saying the prices are going to go up closer to sailing. All of this talk makes me wonder which direction the lines are moving too.

I have posted several times about the cost of a balcony room on Liberty for the 9-night out of Bayonne, NJ in Summer 2015. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am looking at nearly $3K per person for our family of 5 in 2 balcony staterooms - or about $13,400 + gratuities. (Same cruise/itinerary on Explorer this summer from the same port is comparison pricing at about $8K + gratuities for same accommodations - at least it was last week... today it is about $9K). Liberty out of Bayonne in Summer 2015 is just too steep for our blood at this point so I have booked Oasis for my family of 5 for nearly half of the total cost. I am watching to see if pricing comes down for Liberty and if it does, we will switch. However, I echo the same sentiments as others who posted.... I love Royal and trying to remain loyal but they are pricing themselves out of my pocketbook.

I don't want to choose a different line, but if the choice is cruising the competition or not cruising at all... not a hard choice to make.

Edited by SnappyNappi

I just checked a cruise that I have been considering. The price is way up since yesterday. If it does not come back down I am just going to wait to book. I thought our Allure cruise this year was over priced. I was sure there would be a big fire sale after final payment. It took longer than I thought but 3 weeks before the sailing pricing dropped like a rock. I am done playing RCI's game. If I don't like pricing I will decide what dates I want to cruise, book my flights when I find their pricing is right, and watch two or three ships sailing that week until the inevitable sale comes along. Fortunately, we are not fussy about cabin type. Funny thing is, I could have had exactly the cabin that I had wanted on Allure if I had waiting for the fire sale to come along.

What I found odd was when I booked my upcoming cruise onboard of my last cruise I told him I wanted a balcony hump cabin. When I got home my cousin wanted to join us so we went on Royal's website to book her room it was already over $200 more per person so I called and asked if we could go down to the 7th floor and she said they were all booked. This is for April of 2015. So I keep going on a few different travel sites but I am unable to check the price for my category. None of them will let me choose deck 8??? I don't even know my category because I can't pull it up. Any suggestions on how I can do a price check if I cant pull up my category?

I just looked to see if I could find a reasonable Liberty 2015 sailing. I picked cabins out 3 times, but every time I went through and I saw the final total I cancelled the reservation. I just can't do it. I think I'd rather wait until after final and just take what's left over if it's a good price.

What I found odd was when I booked my upcoming cruise onboard of my last cruise I told him I wanted a balcony hump cabin. When I got home my cousin wanted to join us so we went on Royal's website to book her room it was already over $200 more per person so I called and asked if we could go down to the 7th floor and she said they were all booked. This is for April of 2015. So I keep going on a few different travel sites but I am unable to check the price for my category. None of them will let me choose deck 8??? I don't even know my category because I can't pull it up. Any suggestions on how I can do a price check if I cant pull up my category?

What date/ship is it. And how many people.

You want a balcony for x amount of people on Deck 7 or 8?

The more I reread your question the more confused I become.

Edited by marci22

What date/ship is it. And how many people.

You want a balcony for x amount of people on Deck 7 or 8?

The more I reread your question the more confused I become.

Adventure of the Seas , April 19, 2015 for a hump cabin on the 8th deck. 2 people

Edited by BonnieSte

I just checked a cruise that I have been considering. The price is way up since yesterday. If it does not come back down I am just going to wait to book. I thought our Allure cruise this year was over priced. I was sure there would be a big fire sale after final payment. It took longer than I thought but 3 weeks before the sailing pricing dropped like a rock. I am done playing RCI's game. If I don't like pricing I will decide what dates I want to cruise, book my flights when I find their pricing is right, and watch two or three ships sailing that week until the inevitable sale comes along. Fortunately, we are not fussy about cabin type. Funny thing is, I could have had exactly the cabin that I had wanted on Allure if I had waiting for the fire sale to come along.

Agreed - might have to book a flight and room in FLL the week I want to cruise. If the price drops enough grab a last minute deal out of FLL or Miami. Worst case take a land vacation as a backup.

Deck 8 is an E1 cabin on the hump. There are none left. (There are some E1s off the hump, more forward).

Deck 7 is an E2 cabin on the hump. There are none left. (There is one handicap accessible E2 off the hump).

6312, 6622, look available both E2 on the hump.

Edited by marci22

Deck 8 is an E1 cabin on the hump. There are none left. (There are some E1s off the hump, more forward).

Deck 7 is an E2 cabin on the hump. There are none left. (There is one handicap accessible E2 off the hump).

6312 looks available it is an E2 on the hump.

Thanks Marci :)

yes:eek:

After I did so much homework, and careful consideration. We chose Royal to be loyal to(to go up the ladder of C & A) But, with the prices I am seeing, its going to make it extremely hard to be only Loyal to Royal.... I am now finding myself scouring the competition and seeing what they are offering...

I am sure I am not alone.

Move over, we're in the same boat. :D I've been trying to book a transatlantic for the fall. As a solo, last year I snagged a balcony on a 13-nighter for a little under $1,000. This year it's closer to 3X that.

I'll be Diamond after my upcoming cruise, so I hope prices drop and the bigger Diamond discount will help relieve the pain. I don't mind paying more, but 3X more is ridiculous.

Often you can use RCI webste deck plans to cross reference the color of your cabin number. Some colors are very close is it's not always straight forward.

I was looking at booking the Adventure in May 2015 while on the Oasis in 9 days and from a few days ago to today it has gone up 250$ a person . Frig I should have just booked it before hand.

Last New Year's day, I saw a notice on here that the May 25th sailing of the Navigator out of Galveston had a HUGE sail!~~ My sister and I managed to get a Jr. Suite for $587 each!!!!!! An interior is more expensive than that these days!

I generally just book the ship and stateroom I want and wait for price drops.....check a couple of times every day. I've been lucky to get some good ones in the past!!

Barb

[quote name='GTO-Girl']We will be on this same cruise but.we hit a sale just right and snagged a D1 for $939pp with a $150 OBC......best deal we ever got!

We need to book a cruise for next June for the family but the prices right now are. :eek: so I will wait.....and hope prices come down!!![/QUOTE]

We got the $150 OBC too! Upgraded ocean view to balcony $899 pp,..... I have yet to see a better deal,....

FYI, for folks who dont know. You can book through Costco travel (if you have a membership) and when you enter your crown and anchor # you get the same exact discount and price as buying direct. But then costco also gives $215-$400 OBC depending on room. Edited by brianhodgson

[quote name='FloGaleRNTX']Then is Costco your TA???[/quote]

yea, they have actually been really helpful with a couple changes I had and the cruise is instantly confirmed with a Royal Caribbean reservation# so only makes sense to get the extra credit.

I booked the Oasis for June 2015 in mid March and noticed the price has gone up almost $500 for the same D7 cabin. I had family and friends who wanted to join us but at this new price I don't know if its going to happen. I will keep checking because more than $1800 per person is ridiculous. We cruised on Allure last summer and expected to pay a little bit more which we did but I did not expect prices to jumps like this or I would have pushed everyone to book when we did.

[quote name='FloGaleRNTX']Last New Year's day, I saw a notice on here that the May 25th sailing of the Navigator out of Galveston had a HUGE sail!~~ My sister and I managed to get a Jr. Suite for $587 each!!!!!! An interior is more expensive than that these days!

[COLOR="Red"]I generally just book the ship and stateroom I want and wait for price drops.....[/COLOR]check a couple of times every day. I've been lucky to get some good ones in the past!!

Barb[/QUOTE]

Of course you do realize that as more people who use your tactic and book there is less chance of price drops occuring, right? Price drops occur on sailings that are not selling.

[quote name='brianhodgson']FYI, for folks who dont know. You can book through Costco travel (if you have a membership) and when you enter your crown and anchor # you get the same exact discount and price as buying direct. But then costco also gives $215-$400 OBC depending on room.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately even though we are Costco members booking cruises is only for the US, darn. We are fortunate in that we get a nice discount through the company my husband works for, so that certainly helps.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app