So, is 1-2-3 "free"

ghstudio

I'm sure it's a complete accident :cool: but 1-2-3 just ended last night and the prices on most categories on our cruise on the Summit next year dropped by $300 last night.

Of course, it might just be the one cruise, but you might want to check your cruise price...and decide if you want to keep 1-2-3 or possibly choose the new option 4 (as in no 1-2-3, just pay less for the cabin).

I will be checking my options with my TA in the morning. Is it a given that the bev PKG will have to go to get the price drop.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by woodyren

The cruise I am going in August is now 330 euros cheaper than when I bought.

The value of the classic package for two people for the number of nights I am sailing is 1100 euros aprox.

It's not free. But for me good enough.

The price of our AQ cabin (Equinox in Nov 2014)hasn't dropped. It is still $1000 pp more than when I booked in January with the "free" drink package. I expect it will drop before sailing, but probably not enough for us to rebook. Especially since our TA also threw in gratuities, upgrade to the drink package and OBC.

it's still available on the UK site now until 2nd June and for sailings upto march 2015 - now called world of extras but the list only has selected cruises between October and March

Edited by Tiggertastic

We have three cruises booked that include the 123Go and two of them did come down in price today. The third one actually came down in price during the promo and has just stayed flat. That being said like lucinjo's experience the one cruise is still up $1,275 pp, :eek:, from what we paid when we booked it when the 123Go promo first came out. The other only came down a little, but I'm looking into upgrading to AQ since it looks like it wouldn't cost us that much more.

EDIT: When I was looking at the X site and not the site I use to monitor pricing I noticed there is a new vacation savings for $300 on the two cruises that came down in price. So I think this is just yet another promo.

Edited by prim8keeper

Just checked. The price for our cabin in $150 more than we paid (and has been for a while). But now there is $150 OBC attached to the cabin price.

So, we are still ahead with the fare and free beverage package.

The Bermuda cruise I'm monitoring has not come down in price. It wasn't eligible for the 123 go promo anyway so I am waiting for a price drop or a promo before I book. I could have booked a balcony or CC this year with the promo for the price they are asking for an ocean view now without a promo.

My June Bermuda cruise came way down in price ($700) but my November cruise is the same (no change).

Of course the June cruise is now only a month away so I don't know if it's the dropping of the 1-2-3 or if it's because it's now in sell off mode (only 1 interior and 1 oceanview left in HA cabins).

I have to remember this for next year and cross my fingers for a great last minute deal.

I'm sure it's a complete accident :cool: but 1-2-3 just ended last night and the prices on most categories on our cruise on the Summit next year dropped by $300 last night.

Of course, it might just be the one cruise, but you might want to check your cruise price...and decide if you want to keep 1-2-3 or possibly choose the new option 4 (as in no 1-2-3, just pay less for the cabin).

It could be that the ship didn't book well even with the promo. If you are sailing out of San Juan those itineraries don't book because of the expensive flights and add to the fact that the Summit is an old ship. The only reason to sail her would be for the itinerary. They are smart having her sail the Southern Caribbean itineraries and Bermuda. Not much competition from other lines sailing those routes.

Edited by Iamcruzin

One of our cruises prices has dropped this morning by $150 but when I called to apply I was told that due to the fact I had an on board credit this "sailing offer" was not combinable with any other perk. In addition this special " sailing offer" is for NEW bookings only. All this effective today May 1st according to the Celebrity reservation agent. Result - former price still in effect.

It could be that the ship didn't book well even with the promo. If you are sailing out of San Juan those itineraries don't book because of the expensive flights and add to the fact that the Summit is an old ship. The only reason to sail her would be for the itinerary. They are smart having her sail the Southern Caribbean itineraries and Bermuda. Not much competition from other lines sailing those routes.

I guess you really don't like the m-class ships :D

The summit is essentially no better or worse than the infinity, millennium or constellation....and we've been on two of those three in the past year. I don't think I'd brand them as "old" ships which sounds pretty negative....and thinking back, it wasn't exactly inexpensive to get to Singapore or Buenos Aires.

One would think that if they weren't selling well with 1-2-3, they would have dropped the prices WITH 1-2-3 or included either 1, 2 or 3 with the new lower price.....

I'm going to chalk it up to marking up the cabin prices to cover the cost of the 1-2-3 promotion so folks would think they were getting a "free" benefit....as has been claimed here on CC by a few.

Edited by ghstudio

Just checked the 3 cruises we have booked for this year. 2 past final payment. All have gone up in price since we booked with 123. Price increases of $400, $1534 & $115. The last had a price drop awhile ago but since has gone back up.

All good for us so far. Of course had there been a good price drop we would have upgraded:D

For anyone checking the new price on the X website - go past the first price page (which showed no change.) In other words, pick your date, category and select it, then the tab Go to Offers. Then you'll get the page with new prices/offers. At least that's what worked for me.

Ours for Caribbean late 2014 has dropped by $250 per person for the suite we booked, but of course, no beverage package. We've also got two good on board credits (Passages and travel agent). So I'm not messing with it unless it really bottoms out.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

I called my TA to grab a price drop but this is actually a new promo where one passenger saves $300 off of the cruise fare. We would lose our Pick A Perk promo benefit (beverage package) if we accept the new offer so we'll sit tight at our current rate.

We booked CC for our Panama Canal cruise next year. We picked our perks. The next day our agent said the price went up by $800. Currently there are no CC cabins showing on Celebrity's website, and the verandahs are more than we paid for our concierge class. I don't know what all this means except that I'm super happy that we booked when we did and got the perks and cabin that we wanted. Yay!

I guess you really don't like the m-class ships :D

The summit is essentially no better or worse than the infinity, millennium or constellation....and we've been on two of those three in the past year. I don't think I'd brand them as "old" ships which sounds pretty negative....and thinking back, it wasn't exactly inexpensive to get to Singapore or Buenos Aires.

One would think that if they weren't selling well with 1-2-3, they would have dropped the prices WITH 1-2-3 or included either 1, 2 or 3 with the new lower price.....

I'm going to chalk it up to marking up the cabin prices to cover the cost of the 1-2-3 promotion so folks would think they were getting a "free" benefit....as has been claimed here on CC by a few.

Actually I like the older ships better than the new ones on any cruise line. I canceled my cruise on the new Royal Princess to sail on the Summit. Most people want to sail on the new ships on any line but for me the itinerary is the destination not the ship. Princess seems to be trying to make the ship the destination offering repetitive Caribbean itineraries that don't even sail a Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan. On the Princess board they claim that airfare was too expensive to San Juan. Living in NY I'm spoiled as I can sometimes get a cheaper flight to San Juan than I a can to Ft Lauderdale or Miami. People who come from other parts of the country may have to make connecting flights which is a pain and it could be expensive.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Even before the start of this Promotion or that special, pricing has fluctuated, it ain't nuttin new:D

We booked our next sailing very early, got a 123 perk.

Just looked and there is a $300 per cabin Capt Club discount, of course it is for new booking, yada, yada, yada! We booked a 1A, sold out, next best are the SV with the discount, still $610.00 per person higher than we received.

This is fun fodder for CC members to have something to 'chat' with each other about, but is nothing new nor different to the way the cruise lines have done business for years.

But hey, it helps get post counts up :D

I just spent an hour on the phone with Celebrity. Huge price drop on our upcoming cruise. We upgraded from veranda to AQ2, kept our free gratuities, got another $100 in OBC and only owe $20 more. Thank you fishy web site for the heads up!

Yes. Both the autumn Med cruises we're considering dropped exactly $300. Just for kicks, I checked Aqua Suite, and it dropped $1000pp overnight.

I just went on the Celebrity site and our cruise as of today is $820.00 more without the Beverage Package which we have, I went to the next page and I had two offers one was $300.00 OBC or a sale price of $331.00 off. I'm sue glad we booked the black friday sale with beverage package , we are still ahead by $500.00 plus package.

We booked the Summit for February 2015 this last weekend from an online agency we have used several times. Perks from Celebrity was the beverage package and from the online agency, prepaid gratuities and dinner for two in one of the specialty restaurants. I called today to get pricing for some friends of ours and the cost is over 300pp more, without any of the added perks. I am thrilled that I booked last weekend.

Sherri