Princess Private Community

vandalayceo

Received email 3 days ago inviting me to Join "Princess Private Community" forum.

Signed up.

Membership by invitation only. Seems I was invited because I filled out a recent survey sent out by Princess, and on which I indicated I would participate in such a forum- presently 337 members.

Appears to be run by Princess. Refers to "the Princess team", and moderated by a Princess employee.

Discussion topics are posted, and participants are encouraged to comment on issues related to various Princess activities, policies, new initiatives etc.

recent examples-new website design, use of EZ air, Princess hotel packages.

Can also raise any other comments or question you have on other Princess related issues.

Polls are conducted on issues.

Also ongoing invitations to participate in live forums, or to be interviewed directly on some issue.

Although "by invitation only" doesn't appear to be confidential in any way, so am curious if anyone else on this forum is also a member.

Haven't heard anything about it here.

Appears to be a good opportunity to get direct feedback to Princess.

Received email 3 days ago inviting me to Join "Princess Private Community" forum.

Signed up.

Membership by invitation only. Seems I was invited because I filled out a recent survey sent out by Princess, and on which I indicated I would participate in such a forum- presently 337 members.

Appears to be run by Princess. Refers to "the Princess team", and moderated by a Princess employee.

Discussion topics are posted, and participants are encouraged to comment on issues related to various Princess activities, policies, new initiatives etc.

Can also raise any other comments or question you have on other Princess related issues.

Also ongoing invitations to participate in live forums, or to be interviewed directly on some issue.

Although "by invitation only" doesn't appear to be confidential in any way, so am curious if anyone else on this forum is also a member.

I too received this invitation. I did log-in/join the community.

Vandalayceo summarized the site content well, but the existing array of discussion topics seem to be from early this year.

Would hope the moderator will be releasing some new discussion topics, especially since they've gone through the effort of recruiting a new wave of members with this most recent invitation email.

I was hoping for some dating offers from Laos... Haven't had any of those since my long-ago days on Match... but that's another story...

No, not every link you get is a scammer nor a sales pitch, and as others have said it's pretty harmless... Unfortunately it looks to be pretty worthless also. If you didn't receive an invitation, you're not missing much..

Much of the initial communication that I received on this was in the form of emails that had no logo or official information from Princess, so I was skeptical at first as well, especially when they presented links to use to look at new website designs (clicking bad links is a way to infect a computer). The invite did look a little more legitimate so I've gingerly joined.

Interesting - but not surprising - that responses to some of the questions are totally off topic and complaining.

I also got the invite and called Princess to confirm that the email was from them and safe. I talked to an agent who had no knowledge about the email so she talked off line to a supervisor in customer relations. Came back to me to say that they had no information on the site and recommend that I leave well enough alone. She was going to refer the issue to their IT folks to investigate. Appears that one part of Princess does not know what another part is doing. Judging from the comments above, the site is ok and safe so far.

I got the invite but the process to join didn't work for me. I tried 20 times to decipher the words you have to type in and they were so distorted i couldn't get it right. I tried the audio and that was worse. I understand wanting some roadblock but there's was a barrier not a roadblock LOL.

Its harmless. ;)

No dating offers from Laos yet.

hahaha, that made me smile, thank you. :)

I've joined, not sure if it will make a difference but you get your say.

I wish people would stick to topic. it would be good for the moderator to respond sometimes.

I got the invite but the process to join didn't work for me. I tried 20 times to decipher the words you have to type in and they were so distorted i couldn't get it right. I tried the audio and that was worse. I understand wanting some roadblock but there's was a barrier not a roadblock LOL.

You must mean the words/letters you have to type in. Usually that's to keep out spammers, but it seems like if you're getting there from an email link, they are overdoing it by using capcha (or whatever it's called).

When I received the email last Friday from Princess, I immediately forwarded it to Princess and asked if it was legit. I got a call yesterday from Princess thanking me for asking and the person said that it was a company that Princess had contracted with to provide feedback on the website, but they seem to be asking more questions than that. They also are comping a bottle of wine for our cruise in a couple of weeks so that was a nice gesture! And I agree, there are definitely some folks who are taking the opportunity to complain about not getting upgraded, etc. Oh well....

Signed up.

Nope, sorry, something doesn't seem quite right. Could you please post the web address of this "Princess Private Community"? Thanks -S.

P.S. Whenever I read the phrase on the internet "Private Community" my alarm bells go off. "By invitation only"? -from a cruise line whose stock is traded on the NYSE? If it's legit, the SEC will have some serious questions - if in fact, it is sponsored by Princess/CCL.

Edited by Salacia

When I received the email last Friday from Princess, I immediately forwarded it to Princess and asked if it was legit. I got a call yesterday from Princess thanking me for asking and the person said that it was a company that Princess had contracted with to provide feedback on the website, but they seem to be asking more questions than that. They also are comping a bottle of wine for our cruise in a couple of weeks so that was a nice gesture! And I agree, there are definitely some folks who are taking the opportunity to complain about not getting upgraded, etc. Oh well....

Hi azbirdmom. Just curious - you wrote that forwarded the e-mail you received to Princess, and that someone from Princess phoned you in respsone. Did you provide your phone number in your e-mail to Princess? Usually, e-mail is responded to by e-mail rather than a phone call. So far, I have read nothing about a written response from Princess regarding this "Private Community". If anyone has received a signed, written response from a Princess representative, posting it here might clear up any ambiguity. Thanks, -S.

Hi azbirdmom. Just curious - you wrote that forwarded the e-mail you received to Princess, and that someone from Princess phoned you in respsone. Did you provide your phone number in your e-mail to Princess? Usually, e-mail is responded to by e-mail rather than a phone call. So far, I have read nothing about a written response from Princess regarding this "Private Community". If anyone has received a signed, written response from a Princess representative, posting it here might clear up any ambiguity. Thanks, -S.

You're right, I got nothing in writing. I sent my email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and not an address in the email from Private Princess Community. The person left the message for me from a Princess phone number (and provided her extension), knew the exact date and ship I was traveling on later this month, and also put a bottle of wine on our account (which I've confirmed). I'm very skeptical and never click links, especially when they are unsolicited. But I have no doubt this one is legitimate. It remains to be seen if it will be worthwhile participating in this forum though!

You're right, I got nothing in writing. I sent my email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and not an address in the email from Private Princess Community. The person left the message for me from a Princess phone number (and provided her extension), knew the exact date and ship I was traveling on later this month, and also put a bottle of wine on our account (which I've confirmed). I'm very skeptical and never click links, especially when they are unsolicited. But I have no doubt this one is legitimate. It remains to be seen if it will be worthwhile participating in this forum though!

Yes its lgitimate. ;)