Won't people look at you crazy if.....

So wait a minute.....are you trying to tell me that I can pile a plate of food, wrap it up from the Lido deck and take it down to my room???? Won't people look at me crazy taking food to my room on the elevator? Do people do that all the time?? OBVIOUSLY.....I'm a newbie:o....

So wait a minute.....are you trying to tell me that I can pile a plate of food, wrap it up from the Lido deck and take it down to my room???? Won't people look at me crazy taking food to my room on the elevator? Do people do that all the time?? OBVIOUSLY.....I'm a newbie:o....

That will be the least crazy thing that happens on the ship. Nobody will even notice you. LOL

We do it all the time. I've even asked for my dessert to go at the MDR and taken it back to my room. It's your cruise...do what you wanna do!

Not at all. Hubby was sick for a few days. Went and made him a plate 3X a day. Take a SECOND plate upside down and put it on top.

The amount of people that sneeze and cough..when you are in an elevator......ugh.

Cover your food.:)

I usually do this at breakfast time as I prefer to eat it in my cabin. People usually have a good look to see what I have on my plate when I get in the elevator but no one has ever said anything to me!

As you are a new addition to the usual Carnival protocol "must pile it as high as possible", may one suggest you do utilise a wheelbarrow, as this will save you making more than one trip.:D

Nope. No one will bat an eye. Used to be there were trays up on the Lido but Carnival did away with them. I keep one of the trays from room service so I can use it when I bring breakfast to the cabin from the Lido.

Nope. No one will bat an eye. Used to be there were trays up on the Lido but Carnival did away with them. I keep one of the trays from room service so I can use it when I bring breakfast to the cabin from the Lido.

Thanks for the explanation, as before this I thought trays were withdrawn because guests actually thought the trays were just larger plates.;)

Thanks for the explanation, as before this I thought trays were withdrawn because guests actually thought the trays were just larger plates.;)

No doubt that was the reason... but it's a bummer for those of us who like to go to the Lido to get our plates/drink to eat out on our balcony. Especially at breakfast when I'm trying to carry for 2 for breakfast in bed. ;)

They weren't ?

Like it.

Could any CC member confirm the rumour that in 2015 Carnival may be addding a shovel to the cutlery selection.:D

After all Carnival could dispense with knives for use in conjunction with a fork.;)

The trays were removed because research shows that on average, guests take less food from a buffet if they only have a plate. This then leads to less food waste, which is already 1/3 times higher when guests are on vacation versus at home.

However, if you ask the brand ambassador, he will say they were removed to eliminate the cafeteria look at the buffet.

No doubt that was the reason... but it's a bummer for those of us who like to go to the Lido to get our plates/drink to eat out on our balcony. Especially at breakfast when I'm trying to carry for 2 for breakfast in bed. ;)

Wow!

Carnival have ended stateroom service for breakfast?!

I do it all the time. I even go back for seconds haha!

I sailed the Pride last week, and I used the trays provided take food back to my cabin. We just used a napkin to cover the food on the elevator. Some even ordered extra food in the MDR to take back to their cabin. No problem at all. The food is all paid for, so Carnival could care less where on the ship it is eaten.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk