Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

How peculiar. There don't seem to be ANY modifications to that area of the deck railing between the Flow Riders as of yet. I would expect to see at least some disturbance in the railing that would clue us in to the fact that something was about to be built off of it!

You see, you misunderstand the way the Abyss works - part of the thrill of the ride is that it starts with a jump over the railing. :eek:

A little treat for you: My DH had a chance for a short interview with Nick Weir last week in Hamburg. Just listen to the audio files (the German text is the translation).

As the audio files are only Nick´s answers I try to "re-translate" the questions written in the text:

- RCI was alway top in entertainment. Now MSC announced that they are building a special theater on the MSC Meraviglia for the Cirque du Soleil. Can you top this or are there any limits?

- Does it bother you that other cruise lines do take over your ideas?

- What will be the future? Which delevopments, which new ideas are lying ahead?

- Regarding entertainment is there anything you´re dreaming of and you want to have on a ship? Something on land which is hard to do on a ship?

- Can you tell us any details about the most kept secret on the Harmony of the Seas, the nine deck high slide?

(Gee, I didn´t think that "re-translating" those questions can be so difficult without knowing what my DH really asked...).

At the end there´s a video of a second interview made by a collegue (Matthias Morr). Sorry he dubbed his questions and Nick´s answers.

steamboats

How peculiar. There don't seem to be ANY modifications to that area of the deck railing between the Flow Riders as of yet. I would expect to see at least some disturbance in the railing that would clue us in to the fact that something was about to be built off of it!

I notice no ship name up there on the aft section like there is on Oasis & Allure, I guess the slide would block some of it so not much point having it up there. On Oasis and Allure the name was on there before the block was lifted up into position.

How about a DeLorean?

I was orginally thinking a Gullwing Mercedes, but decided against it as they seem to like convertibles. I would gladly donate our 1966 Mustang convertible if we could could cruise for free for the rest of our lives in the A&L Suite.

A Shelby Cobra (kit car) would be a nice option. I have a friend that owns a few real ones and would gladly sell them one at full pop.:D

I was orginally thinking a Gullwing Mercedes, but decided against it as they seem to like convertibles. I would gladly donate our 1966 Mustang convertible if we could could cruise for free for the rest of our lives in the A&L Suite.

A Shelby Cobra (kit car) would be a nice option. I have a friend that owns a few real ones and would gladly sell them one at full pop.:D

That would be nice and they could afford it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe the two Oasis class cars are replicas. You can actually touch the cars (I noticed a decent scratch on one of them). T

The Voyager/Freedom cars are much smaller English roadsters.

If you stay with that theme (replica, English roadster, reasonable price) I would recommend the AC Cobra replica.

4gg6fq.jpg

That blue pole has been there a while - did we decide that was for the ship?

Biker 19, great catch. I continue to say it is, as I did many many pages back. If it isn't for Harmony why is it this close to Harmony. That being said who knows how close the next ship is that is bent worked on. It could be 100' behind the hoto taker.

It just feels like it belongs, being painted in blue, being so close to Harmony, sitting there for so long etc...

Edit: if you try to visually scale it, does it look like 100'? It is hard to tell, but it is tall.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm thinking it could be the support structure for the Abyss - can't think of anything else that needs such a tube.

I agree with the Abyss, especially when the supports are on deck for the water slides. Way back on the pages some one stated that it was for another ship, but it is still waiting for its home. Another reason why I think it belongs on Harmony.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm thinking it could be the support structure for the Abyss - can't think of anything else that needs such a tube.

Sorry to disappoint. It's a venting pipe/chimney belonging to the ship yard. Nothing to do with the Harmony.

Here are some new pics from the area of the Abyss a.k.a. the Boardwalk.

b3ec7ed1ec16f2a6e1f1256bdad5705b.jpg

62f46b9db1e0156e1a1f576349272b97.jpg

b6799c0f6cfc569ea03cb02a12852544.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555