Freedom Of The Seas Cancelled for the month for Jan 2015

I was booked on Freedom of the sea Jan 18, 2015 that got cancelled so rebooked for the sailing Jan 4, 2015. I am one who looks at the price daily to see if the price goes down and notice that it said N/A. The whole month of Jan 2015 has been cancelled. Called them and yes it has been cancelled.

The worst part is that I changed it 9 days ago, had to change all hotels and rental cars and the worst part airline. You would have thought that Royal would have thought this threw the last time, so people don't have to change multiple times.

They moved me to Dec 7 do I really want to be on ship before dry dock. Done that before and no fun.

They moved you??? Or did you agree to the date. Under no circumstances should they move you.

I'd pick a date that works for me and call C&A.. tell them point blank that they cancelled you twice and you want your date and price protection (you will pay no more than you originally paid for the same class of cabin) as well as them covering any additional costs for hotel, flights, etc.

Steve

You have not have this happen to you? I have been on the phone ...

for 2 hours with travel agent/Royal. Royal is says of well. I am not one who give up easily. No they did not move me but give limited dates, I have a aft corner room and now they say it's more than 2 people, after some time yes I did get that room. They did give me the same room and price but for the hotels, car and airlines they would cover the whole amount for the air change.

They moved me to Dec 7 do I really want to be on ship before dry dock. Done that before and no fun.

Why is that? We are going on the FOS 11/30/14.:rolleyes::confused:

What happens if you are onboard a month or even 3 weeks before a dry dock??

Edited by molly361

Nothing published yet. May just be standard 5 year maintenance and inspection.

That's what I thought at first as well. With it being originally 2 weeks I figured it was just basic maintenance and inspection plus maybe a bit of carpet changing etc. With it now being for a month I wonder what they have planned.

They called me a couple weeks ago about my Jan. 18th trip on Freedom. They gave me 8 protected price points for other cruises if I rebooked by the 12th. At first I was kind of disappointed but with all the compensation it worked out great. In the end I just moved it to Feb so its the same everything except I'm coming out way ahead. I didn't even fight with them over the hassle of rebooking and walked away with $1500 obc between the couple of rooms I had booked. I'm actually glad it happened to me. I can deal with the hassle to move it two weeks back and save that much.

I was on Adventure this year before dry dock and its no big deal and won't affect you at all on your trip.

This is bizarre that nobody knows anything. We were booked on a B2B on 1/18/2015 and 1/25/2015. When we first found out, we rebooked the 1/18 to the week following to the 1/25. Now, the second leg appears to have been canceled also. Right now, I am ready to give up, our bookings were made onboard, so we have obc associated with it. I would just like it to move those bookings to some future cruises and see what happens. I suggested to DW that we ask our TA to book Allure the first 2 weeks of November.

That's what I thought at first as well. With it being originally 2 weeks I figured it was just basic maintenance and inspection plus maybe a bit of carpet changing etc. With it now being for a month I wonder what they have planned.

Well I heard theyre bringing the Monarch back to PC and moving Freedom to Pullman ... :eek::p

Does Freedom still have Portofino? Maybe it will be changed to Giovanni's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Freedom still have Portofino? Maybe it will be changed to Giovanni's.

Freedom still has Portofino. You're probably right about it changing to Giovanni's. They did that on Adventure's short dry dock.

We are on FR on Jan. 25, 2015 and I am currently on hold with RCI. We could move to Feb. but I would like to be price protected and get shipboard credit. Saw a stateroom that works for us and another one for our friends.

Freedom still has Portofino. You're probably right about it changing to Giovanni's. They did that on Adventure's short dry dock.

I miss portofino

sometimes, i think idiots run the cruiseline

just sayin

jc

You should be fine.

I doubt they will cancel any other cruises..

Last year our Serenade Med. for Sept. /14 was N/A for the month of cruises.

After many calls to RCL I found they were changing the departure port, length & dates for late Aug and all of Sept. and itinerary ports were changed too. We got to keep our booking price & cabin and got some OBC for the change. Luckily we had no air or hotel booked yet.

Wonder if they could be changing the itinerary? etc. and also doing dry dock?