Quantum of the Seas Dynamic Dining Disaster

Liz, thanks for the information on the shows.

Submit button Eh? Did not see it, doesn't mean it wasn't on my screen, but I didn't see it when I pulled up my cart for the third try.

it is very obvious that they werent ready for the 5/15 date. There are still a lot of bugs that they are fixing. I am also sure that their QA department did not get enough time to work through all these issues.

they probably should have delayed the release of the site for another 2-3 weeks. Of course, that too would have lead to dissatisfied customers.

I am also basing this on whats going on where I work. We have been having some serious roll out problems of recent releases. Code is being delivered late, the QA teams cant fully test, and bad software is released to customers all because of an arbitrary date to meet.

The big problem I experienced was in trying to change a previous reservation. I was part of the pre-selected group and wanted to change a restaurant. It was very difficult to get that done. I eventually had to call in to have it completed. Luckily the wait times to call in were very short today. I was anticipating a big delay with all of the online problems

I have been unable to 'modify' any reservations. You must first cancel, and then book a new reservation. That has worked for me.

My biggest problem is that my bookings are divided into two reservation numbers, so I have to 'add additional guests'. This has been extremely frustrating as it works 1 time out of 10 before I can get those additional guests added. Keeps telling me that I need a valid name/reservation #. Actually says, You must enter a valid reservation number and a valid last name. Well I am doing that, YOU IDIOTS!

I have to cancel and exit, and then start over, and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

This has been my experience.

And there have been times that I trying to reserve a free dining option and I hit the submit button, like the others, but it tells me my credit card information is invalid. I enter CC info and then it tells me it is wrong. This is painful.

And on my 7 night cruise, I can't book anything for the 7th night.

it is very obvious that they werent ready for the 5/15 date. There are still a lot of bugs that they are fixing. I am also sure that their QA department did not get enough time to work through all these issues.

they probably should have delayed the release of the site for another 2-3 weeks. Of course, that too would have lead to dissatisfied customers.

I am also basing this on whats going on where I work. We have been having some serious roll out problems of recent releases. Code is being delivered late, the QA teams cant fully test, and bad software is released to customers all because of an arbitrary date to meet.

The big problem I experienced was in trying to change a previous reservation. I was part of the pre-selected group and wanted to change a restaurant. It was very difficult to get that done. I eventually had to call in to have it completed. Luckily the wait times to call in were very short today. I was anticipating a big delay with all of the online problems

If they had thought it through that would have been the smartest thing they could have done. If they had announced that "due to the number of people wanting to see entertainment first" they were going to delay the dynamic dining reservations until 6/23 so that they can announce the entertainment and open that up for reservations on 6/16 I highly doubt anyone would have complained. That would have been a very easy spin for them to pull on the delay that would have actually please a lot of people because it was incredibly difficult and annoying to book all my restaurants and then change them all when the entertainment showed up less than 12 hours later.

Am I the only one who thinks they should have unveiled something this significant and had it ready to go prior to this ship opening for reservations? :confused:

My expectations were that it would be 'glitchy' rather than unusable.

On the phone now and rep is really struggling. And she just told me that earliest reservation I can get on Night 1 for American Icon is 8:15pm. How is that possible? Didn't dining just open? (march quantum)

Edited by marci22

On the phone now and rep is really struggling. And she just told me that earliest reservation I can get on Night 1 for American Icon is 8:15pm. How is that possible? Didn't dining just open? (march quantum)

I'm thinking this is a glitch of some sort, because my January sailing is like this too. 12 days and the earliest time available is 8:15 EVERY NIGHT? ..fishy.

You might want to have the other guests check online using their own reservation number. I did the same as you and the second reservation never showed up.

Same here, and when I called to explain this, they tried to add "back" the missing reservations to my sisters schedule, but times were not available so they booked when they could and said "you will need to try and get if fixed on board". So, I would NOT recommend using the "additional reservation" feature, as it does not appear to work (or atleast consistently)

I'm thinking this is a glitch of some sort, because my January sailing is like this too. 12 days and the earliest time available is 8:15 EVERY NIGHT? ..fishy.

I was able to get half of my reservations to acceptable times but many are still in conflict with shows or just plain to late. I keep going through several times a day and at this point every restaurant I want on the day I have them is now showing just 9:00, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45 availability with a rare exception. American Icon on day 1 of both my sailings was that way on Monday already when it first opened up so I'm stuck with 9pm both those days.

Once people board the ship if they cannot get the time they want everyone is going to simply show up at 6pm to eat and demand to be seating. I can't see people actually accepting that they are supposed to eat from 9pm to 11pm each night.

This is my first experience on Royal Caribbean and it looks like it will be our last. We usually sail on Celebrity. This Dynamic Dining is terrible. We are having the same problems as everyone else with the reservations. Can't believe my cruise is a year away and I'm not able to get the times I want. That's ridiculous!!!:(

This is my first experience on Royal Caribbean and it looks like it will be our last. We usually sail on Celebrity. This Dynamic Dining is terrible. We are having the same problems as everyone else with the reservations. Can't believe my cruise is a year away and I'm not able to get the times I want. That's ridiculous!!!:(

Royal provides a good cruise experience but IT support of their website is very amateurish. What bothers me is management tolerates it. We too may not sail with Royal again and we are Diamond members.

I would have to agree. I have tried several times to book our dining reservations and the website won't work. I hope that RCCL reconsiders the dynamic dining experience. The whole purpose of going on a cruise is to relax and not have to be concerned about where you are going to eat each night.

Reservations for my linked cruise bookings are showing up. Maybe it is because I am listed as the owner of both reservations?

We were invited to book our restaurants early and now only some of my linked bookings are showing up so I called the Quantum Dining desk and they assured me all of those who are linked to us were booked in the same restaurant and at the same time as us. Very weird reservation system.

My experience with online dining booking, I was pre-selected for early booking but just didn't do it until yesterday: I got all the free restaurants we wanted but not all the times. I linked up with friends that I'm traveling with and our reservations are showing on her account too. Another friend is going to call RCI and try to move our reservations, link that is to his because he has the time slots we really wanted. Hmmm, waiting to see if RCI will be able to do that for him over the phone.

Someone had suggested that maybe they should have waited to let everyone book their dining after final payment? Not sure if that would have made a difference. Our cruise isn't until April 12, 2015. I guess it's better to have dining bookings scheduled for now and hopefully can change them around or cancel them as time gets closer. This process is crazy to me. Happy Cruising!:cool:

I was able to book reservations for the seas days for our group of 12 using the dynamic dining cs last month. She was wonderful, we chatted while she booked the times we wanted. It was time consuming since it was for so many people but I got all the confirmation emails.

Since it is a new process everyone is going a little crazy.

Booking a year in advance was strange for me. Figure people on the ship will either change their plans on the fly or forget their dining times while in port. Also, they are holding back some times & tables for people to book on the ship. Plenty of stand by options.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by MJECruising

On my sailing, when I went to make a change, basically anything from 7-8 was booked up, but there was still stuff at 6 and 6:15, 6:30 and then stuff again at 8:15, etc.

Guest maddycat

Update.........I made 8 free restaurant reservations yesterday with out too much trouble. Today I added a 9th. All are confirmed. One was for 7:15 and all of the rest were for 6:45. We're pleased with the times. This was for the April 12, 2015 cruise. The other 3 nights we'll either go to an upcharge restaurant or the Windjammer.

I have a suggestion. I don't know if it will help or not. Clear all of your cookies before logging onto RCI's site. Good luck.

Lol, I had to call 5 times yesterday, one of the calls lasting an hour and a half, and then one more call today for 45 minutes, not to mention the countless hours trying to work the website. But finally today it looks like everything is just about as good as possible!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Suggest you go to RCCL main site Go to contact us. Send e-mail. The topic is existing reservation" Address your e-mail to Richard Fain CEO and Alan Goldberg President. They will never read your post However, the senior Customer Service people will and eventually RCCL will address this matter. Despite people's be patient, Dynamic Dining is a disaster that needs to be addressed now not in the future. The concept may make sense as two seatings was getting stale, however, the execution/roll-out has been a miserable failure for the clients of RCCL.

The more people take pro-active action the quicker RCCL will act. Hopefully, posts/threads similar to this will start the ball rolling

Do you mean Adam Goldstein? I have never heard of Alan Goldberg....:)

I'm thankful that Anthem is being relocated to NY to replace Quantum/Liberty next year. That way there is no reason to book it out of FLL which I might have tried, being FL residents now.

I'll give them 2 years to straighten out this mess. Who wants to book a dining time a year in advance?