!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Prices on the Divina are indeed very tempting. I had to cancel my August 9 Divina Cruise, but it is very likely that I will rebook again for the same date. We just need to to get things settled before I make the move. There have been a few good reviews on her lately, maybe MSC finally corrected all their issues and her running good now.

To bad they are going to pull out next summer, honestly I think they are taking major hits with those prices. And opening the US division must of cost them major bucks.

Anyway hope you have a great cruise.

Working on the next set, running into some youtube issues that I need to correct.

Sorry Folks.

Loving your review. I just wanted to forewarn you to really look in the Divina before booking. We were on her last year, and if it were not for the fact we did the Yacht Club (Had a free upgrade) I do not believe I would have enjoyed it. The outside deck on the lower deck was full of lifeboats. No real walking or viewing area at all. No where could you walk around and see out the front of the ship. and the rear of ship had a pool with limited area. Just check out pictures on line and you'll see what I mean. I believe they are having to sell cheap because there are so many better ships out there, layed out much better.

I was given “Zone 5” I thought that was going to be a long wait from Zone 1, but what else could I do…

Day1-6_zps57bc7e4b.jpg

By the way just a side note, I saw a lot of weed sniffing dogs in this cruise. I saw several that day in the terminal and I also saw some in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Definitely a lot more than I am used to seeing on my other cruises, not sure why.

Around 11:20am they started boarding the Platinum members, according to another CC member there were over 1,000 of them in this cruise. And I think that sounds about right, because it took quite some time for them to get on board.

Day1-7_zps3ad90c85.jpg

At about 11:45am Faster To the Fun FTTF started boarding. Several CC members of our role call had purchased it, I had not. I think this is a good time to talk about FTTF, I 100% DO NOT ENDORSE this program on the Carnival Breeze. While it may seem very tempting and like you’re getting a good deal, let me tell you something. It is not a good deal at all. FTTF boarded at 11:45am, Zone 1 boarded at 11:50 and Zone 5 boarded at 11:55am. I kid you not, I took notes of the times and it just does make any sense to me why anyone would purchase this option.

Also not to spoil the review, but I also got my bag in the room very fast. I think faster than any other cruise I’ve been on. And getting off ship in Grand Cayman (Tender) was so fast that I did not even have time to process how quick it all happened. Great props go to Carnival for having such great systems deployed in this aspect of the cruise. They really have their act together. So unless you want to have your room ready immediately after you board, there is really no reason to buy it. Oh wait a minute, all rooms were available at 12:30, so basically I only waited 25 minutes to get in my room. So you’re paying $50 to drop off your bags 30 minutes earlier? Anyway, just my opinion and nothing more, good thing I hesitated about buying it on the first place.

Anyway back to the review, Like I said I boarded the ship at 11:55am.

Day1-9_zpsbc1f961c.jpg

Day1-10_zps53c4eec0.jpg

Day1-11_zps97e6b98e.jpg

Going to disagree with you here.

Sorry

You may think it's a waste of money, but you got on the ship at 11:55. Cannot access your cabin until 1:30. You were one person. For a family, lugging around carry-ons, soda, water, etc, it is a GODSEND to be able to go DIRECTLY to your cabin and drop that off.

Nothing worse than trying to maneuver the Lido Buffet/Guys/Blue Iguana with heavy bags.:D

Ok, you may continue your awesome review!!!!!

I'm another who won't pay (again) for FTTF. It's never been a benefit- to my family of three. I literally got on ten minutes before the other families we were traveling with and my room not readymuch before theirs. Still had to haul our stuff to lunch and around the ship. Two strikes on this for us on the Breeze. Got our money back both times. On my last sunshine trip- arrived at port at 12- check in- walk on ship- room ready- no FTTF but definitely a better boarding experience!

Thanks Gambee for this review. I'm in need of a cruise fix. My next cruise is not until Christmas and I'm still hammering out the details which ship and which itinerary. The joys of cruising with other people. If they don't get it together I'm going SOLO!!! :D

Good to see you again, Gambee! Looking forward to the rest of your review. I agree that Carnival is wonderful with customer service. We were on the Splendor the same time you were cruising and my husband didn't feel well (nothing serious). We had planned an excursion in St Thomas and one hour before meeting time I went to the excursion desk to cancel and they credited me the cost!! I didn't expect it. Hi to your mom!

I rarely venture to the other lines boards here on cc except to see your reviews. So happy i finally get to read one on carnival lol. Thanks for sharing. I am looking for an honest assement from somebody who has cruised the other lines. Can't wait to see more of your review.

Hi Gambee. So excited to see your review, loved your others. Thanks for posting the pics of the kids area,I showed them to my kids to get them excited about Camp Carnival (4 & 2). We sail 9/13 to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We married on Carnival Destiny way back then and have been loyal Carnival cruisers since. (Although we also love RCCL as we'll!) Thanks for all you do!

Been waiting for this!! Glad to see you back Gambee!! Looking forward to the rest of your review! I always look forward to them. Radio and yours are always the best!!

The Cheerleaders are going to love this!! But alas I see you already caused some chaos. LOL!! It never fails on the Carnival board. Cant wait to read the rest!!

Gambee!!!! I'm so excited to be "cruising" with you, I actually gave a little squeee when I saw you were doing another of your fabio reviews. Love it already!! And ps, you sound seven kinds of adorbs in that youtube video of the room.

Been waiting for this!! Glad to see you back Gambee!! Looking forward to the rest of your review! I always look forward to them. Radio and yours are always the best!!

The Cheerleaders are going to love this!! But alas I see you already caused some chaos. LOL!! It never fails on the Carnival board. Cant wait to read the rest!!

Nooooooooo!!!!! lol

I can only assume you are referring to my FTTF post.

I am just trying to state that's it's a matter of opinion.

I LOVE Gambee's reviews.......:D:D:D:D

But IMO, when you spend 4 grand on a cruise, what's another $50? lol

It really DOES matter to some people. I hate lugging my crap around until we get into the rooms. For that ALONE, it's worth the $50. And we have NO tender ports.