Magic Bands for NCL Join the Movement

ee1999

If you've been to Disney lately you probably were given a Magic Band. They are awesome! You get in your room, pay at stores and restaurants, and use it for photos. How great would that be on NCL! Room key, ID card, cashless system, photos everything in an easy to find place and kids love wristbands. You could even link the bands to the shows and reservations or excursions.

If you haven't seen them they are sturdy like a sports watchband. They have a chip in them and they made the lines go so much quicker. It would save so much time and confusion at the ports.

I'm sure Disney recoups every dime they spend on them and maybe more because you can accessorize them with add-ons they sell.

We all suspect NCL pays attention to the boards and I'm hoping enough people chime in to get them to at least consider Magic Bands or suggest your best NCL name here.

I don't wear watches or jewelry on my wrists, so I found the Magic Bands to be uncomfortable and distracting.

It might be fine for some, but I'd suggest they make a simple key card with the same technology. They do it in some newer hotels now. Tap the door with the key and it opens. Then it can be stored safely away in my wallet again!

P.S. LrgPizza is absolutely correct about the tanline too! :D

So you can do with those magic band exactly what you can do with your key card. On the other hand you can get tracked without your knowledge and as it is working contactless with RFID you can get charged without even noticing?

So the ship could determine exactly where you spent your time, and for how long, on each cruise? A great source of information for the ship, but I'm not sure how I feel about big brother watching.

The bands could be a good idea for kids but they are plastic and rubber and weren't that comfortable when I was there in January - can't imagine how they would feel in August. For cruises, I punch a whole in my card and then attach one of those stretchy key ring things and wear it on my wrist.

Did not like that "I'm being tracked" feeling at Disney, I can't remember if you could say you didn't want a magic band, they were mailed to us a few weeks prior to heading over there.

Did not like that "I'm being tracked" feeling at Disney, I can't remember if you could say you didn't want a magic band, they were mailed to us a few weeks prior to heading over there.

Yes! You can request a standard key card to carry in stead of wearing the band. It still has the same "tracking" technology in it, though....

Would not like this one bit. As someone else mentioned tan lines, I can see them easily getting lost. My kids never kept their cruise line wrist bands on at the kid's club so I don't think this would work either.

So the ship could determine exactly where you spent your time, and for how long, on each cruise? A great source of information for the ship, but I'm not sure how I feel about big brother watching.

Disney has turned going to the theme park into a big hassle with the bands, fast passes, pre-booking everything, etc.

We are huge fans, but enough is enough.

One of the reasons for needing to "track" guests in the park? To be able to move the roving popcorn and candy vendors to areas where fast pass is not making things faster. Another opportunity to sell stuff to you!

It's all about being able to sell you more stuff based on your traffic pattern and park conditions!

I don't see cruise lines being able to benefit from these unless they drastically improve their Customer Service functions to be able to move personnel to where the opportunities are.

If you've been to Disney lately you probably were given a Magic Band. They are awesome! You get in your room, pay at stores and restaurants, and use it for photos. How great would that be on NCL! Room key, ID card, cashless system, photos everything in an easy to find place and kids love wristbands. You could even link the bands to the shows and reservations or excursions.

If you haven't seen them they are sturdy like a sports watchband. They have a chip in them and they made the lines go so much quicker. It would save so much time and confusion at the ports.

I'm sure Disney recoups every dime they spend on them and maybe more because you can accessorize them with add-ons they sell.

We all suspect NCL pays attention to the boards and I'm hoping enough people chime in to get them to at least consider Magic Bands or suggest your best NCL name here.

Worst idea Disney ever came up with. We have been thousands of times, on property, and I can't stand them. I definitely don't want NCL doing this!

I wouldn't want this, I would like to stick with my key card. The key card does everything I need it to and I am not a person who is in need of fast pass for this, contactless for that. Somethings are for the benefit of all and some are for the benefit of others.

I would not like it either. It would interfere with jewelry. I don't see the need for it for the line either. How would they benefit from it financially? It must be a huge technology investment.

I take a hole punch and attach my key card to a roll out lanyard clipped to my belt loop or bra/bathing suit strap. Then I can tuck it in a pocket to be out of site. Very secure, as even when I pull it out, it is still attached to me. :)

So when you are all screaming about NORO- just think about where that band goes. It goes where your HAND goes.

Let's go to the restroom. Now let's go to the salad bar. Let's wipe our nose. How 'bout that slot machine.

Folks wash their hands.

They won't wash their bands.

Yuck yuck and triple nasty.

thank you, no.

I find them vile and disgusting.

Glad I missed these at Disney .

Annmeat

When I was at Disney, I thought they slowed things down. The only time on a cruise ship this could help would be in the debarkation nightmares where they don't have enough people controlling a mob.

Reality is they are already tracking where you are - and for how long - with the key card usage!