Looks like no 7 day cruises from Tampa next summer

kicia

The Legend is doing Alaska next summer. The Pride is sailing from Baltimore. The Miracle is doing Mexican Riviera from Long Beach. Since the Spirit is staying in Australia that doesn't leave any more ships to pick from unless another Fantasy class ship goes to Tampa to do longer cruises. Maybe we'll hear soon.

Pretty crappy if you ask me. We were teased forever of the Legend getting upgrades then it was taken from the area altogether. Then we were given the Pride only for them to say, sorry, you can't keep her. Now we are left with a 16 year old ship that does 4/5 day sailings. Adding another Fantasy class ship won't help anything in my opinion. As I stated on another thread on this topic we prefer balconies and won't pay for a suite to get one.

There is Vision of the Seas doing 7, 9, 10 night cruises from Tampa. Might be a good time to check out RCL. :D

Looking like that will be my first cruise of 2015 right now. Been thinking about trying out other lines and here's some more motivation thanks to CCL.;)

I could not have been more disappointed!! Nothing for Tampa. I fail to see why a spirit class ship could not at least sail during the winter out of Tampa. Sailing out of Baltimore during the winter just does not make sense. It would be nice if Tampa could relocate the port on the other side of the bridge then a larger class ship could sail from there year round!:rolleyes:

I don't mean to be disresepctful but to hear people in Florida whine about not having a ship leaving for longer cruises out of Tampa does not garner symoptahy from me. If you live in Florida you can easily drive to the other ports. You get cheaper fares then others who have to sail from other ports and yet you still complain. I understand you may live close to the port but you can easily reach other ships where it is not so easily reached by others. Instead of complaining please take the time to realize what you have as opposed to what others have.

I don't mean to be disresepctful but to hear people in Florida whine about not having a ship leaving for longer cruises out of Tampa does not garner symoptahy from me. If you live in Florida you can easily drive to the other ports. You get cheaper fares then others who have to sail from other ports and yet you still complain. I understand you may live close to the port but you can easily reach other ships where it is not so easily reached by others. Instead of complaining please take the time to realize what you have as opposed to what others have.

I completely agree! I just did a little research because I was confused as to why after John posted all the new information so many people were whining about Tampa not having this or that anymore. I found that Ft. Lauderdale is only 4 hours from Tampa, Jacksonville is 3 and a 1/2 hours from Tampa, and Port Canaveral is 2...simply TWO hours from Tampa. Considering Port Canaveral seems to be the most popular port with amazing itineraries, deals, and the newest ships, I don't see why anyone would be upset. I live in Oklahoma and have to drive over 5 hours to Galveston which I am thankful is getting more recognition and having cruised out of Long Beach am happy those on the west coast that don't have a lot are getting something. So please...be blessed with what you have!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Unless and until ships start leaving out of Port Chicago on Lake Michigan, I have to drive 20 hours to get to Port Canaveral. What I wouldn't give to drive ONLY 4 hours to cruise. :rolleyes:

Don't lose hope. For CCL to pull out of Tampa for 7 nights would mean that they were not doing good business there. Otherwise, I do agree with others, as I live in the cruise capital of the world, and only 40 min and 60 min respectively from FLL and MIA.

i don't mean to be disresepctful but to hear people in florida whine about not having a ship leaving for longer cruises out of tampa does not garner symoptahy from me. If you live in florida you can easily drive to the other ports. You get cheaper fares then others who have to sail from other ports and yet you still complain. I understand you may live close to the port but you can easily reach other ships where it is not so easily reached by others. Instead of complaining please take the time to realize what you have as opposed to what others have.

word!!!!

I had exactly the same thought. I'm lucky enough to live a short drive from CruiseMaryland, but until Carnival announced their return to Baltimore next March, we were looking at a 9 hour drive to Charleston to board a ship, or a 16 hour drive to get to a ship that wasn't built when I was in elementary school.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Yeah we are lucky to have the most ports within driving distance, but I'm sure everyone who is disappointed has their reasons. :o

For me, I was hoping to have a wedding aboard the Miracle, Pride or Legend (the only class of ships with Chapels) and since it would be in our backyard all of my family could attend. Even the elderly, those who can not afford to travel with us or those who could not make the drive would have been able to come. That leaves me with the way over priced option of RCCL or doing it on the Paradise. Sailed the Paradise twice and attended 2 weddings...not impressed. So darn it, I am a bit disappointed, but life will go on and we will have to figure something else out.:p

Well said!

It would be nice if Tampa could relocate the port on the other side of the bridge then a larger class ship could sail from there year round!:rolleyes:

Sadly this isn't an option. There is no feasible location outside of the Skyway to build a port in the Tampa Bay area.

Amen!!!!!! even if I had to drive 9 hours to a port I wouldn't complain. Illinois sucks!

What's up with Port Manatee? Regal Empress used to sail from there, and they had a nice terminal too. Today its all container ships and such. Any hope for a cruise ship there again? It's not far from Tampa :confused:

+ x100000000

Floridians are spoiled. I need to call the Waaahhhhmbulance.

MEMO...Florida is greatly blessed with Seniors from EVERY State in the USA who spend their golden years in Florida.............to enjoy the weather. have access to cruises and such. Florida has MILLIONS of cruising seniors. And they greatly enrich this state. Their tax money. The homes or condos they buy. The money spent in restaurants and such when family comes to visit. We have Many wonderful Canadians here.......who are cruising lovers.

Many cruise MANY times a year. Cruise lines RUN buses to retirement villages due to the huge number who cruise one, two, three times a MONTH. And they are the most fun of all people to cruise with. Cruise lines make Way Plenty off of them.....so showing them some love.............could only enrich their coffers.

PLUS Tampa draws....Alabama. Mississippi. The Panhandle. Tennessee. Kentucky. there are Inner state highways from most of the Central States and most of the N.W Southern states to Tampa.

I have never understood why they do not have a ship in Pensacola. The beaches there are stunning.

From the Tip of Alabama...which is also TN. and MS border.....to Pensacola.....6-8 hour drive.

Tampa..longer but still. .you can cut across Georgia.

Edited by AmberTeka

I am not complaining but I will not be going north for a cruise to head back south.... Nope, not going to happen. For those that think Floridians are spoiled, Move here I dare ya. :D You will be cussing the tourists in a week.:eek:

What's up with Port Manatee? Regal Empress used to sail from there, and they had a nice terminal too. Today its all container ships and such. Any hope for a cruise ship there again? It's not far from Tampa :confused:

Unfortunately Port Manatee is still on the wrong side of the Sunshine Skyway.