So....how much more do you think Oasis is worth?

I know everyone is different. But I'm curious as to whether or not people feel who have cruised Oasis feel it was worth the extra money. Here's my deal:

1. Christmas cruise. Yep. Expensive. I know. Only time that works.

2. One child--he's 15. So keeping him entertained means *I* will enjoy my cruise more, too. But I think both ships have the Flowrider and basketball courts (he wouldn't ice skate) so that's maybe a wash.

3. I'm in Texas, so taking Navigator means no airfare needed as we can drive there in about 4 hours. And I know the Nav was recently updated which helps.

I can take the Navigator (sup balcony room in that D1 class---whatever that means) for $4181. Ports include Cozumel (been 3 x via land trips), GCayman (never been), Falmouth (not appealing but maybe I would be surprised.

OR

Oasis in the same class of ocean view balcony room for $6104. But airfare would be on top of that. Ports are same except swap out Cayman for Labadee.

Sooooo.....ya think it's worth about $3k extra to experience Oasis? It's Christmas and also my son's 16th bday so while the money is important the overall experience is more important (I think). ;)

Edited by hawkeye93

Would not be worth it to me. Navigator with the flowrider will be a kick for the teen. Plus the balcony room on Navigator has a better layout than the one on Oasis.

Would not be worth it to me. Navigator with the flowrider will be a kick for the teen. Plus the balcony room on Navigator has a better layout than the one on Oasis.

100% agree with Bob. For that cost difference go with Navigator.

I'm with everyone else having been on both I would go with Navigator. Saving that much is huge. You could even spend a little extra on an excursion you may not have done otherwise. Maybe a helicopter ride over an island or whatever may help make the trip even more special for him

I haven't done Navigator, but I've done Freedom and we just did Oasis in April. And I have a 16 year old and an almost 12 year old. Keeping them happy means that I, too, have a great vacation.

Here's what they said...we are going to be cruising again in August and when I told them that maybe we'd skip Allure (our original plan) and just do Freedom again, they were more than happy to do so. They liked Oasis, but they did not feel that the differences were all that terrific, it did not make or break the vacation, and as long as there is a flowrider for the older one, and that plus the rock wall and ice skating rink for the younger one, they are set.

Save the money, do NOS and enjoy yourself.

I agree with Bob and the others. Been on both ships and would choose Navigator in this case. I really did not like the cabin layout on Oasis.:( But you must do Oasis another time!:D

Edited by The Sunset Glow

You are paying a huge premium to sail on the Oasis for Xmas - it wouldn't be worth it to me. Given the same ports and you don't have to fly - Navigator seems like the ideal cruise. Looks at the logistics - Since it during the holidays - airfares are sky high, airport crowded, winter storms cause flight delays. Look at all the headaches and money you are saving. Save the Oasis for another time during the off season. You can have just as good time on the Navigator as the Oasis.

I've been on both ships twice and as much as I love Oasis and am confident it has the best entertainment at sea, in your case, I would choose Navigator. Even if the prices were more similar, the fact you can drive to NV and have to fly to OA is all the more reason to choose Navigator.

Could not agree more. I've sailed on the Oasis and I felt we spent have the week just getting from one place to another. I think most people do prefer the larger ships, I'm just not one of them.

Ports include Cozumel (been 3 x via land trips), GCayman (never been), Falmouth (not appealing but maybe I would be surprised.

We did the bobsled in Jamaica and it was awesome! If you are considering it, I'll dig up the details but everyone in our group (11 kids and adults) loved it.

I know everyone is different. But I'm curious as to whether or not people feel who have cruised Oasis feel it was worth the extra money. Here's my deal:

1. Christmas cruise. Yep. Expensive. I know. Only time that works.

2. One child--he's 15. So keeping him entertained means *I* will enjoy my cruise more, too. But I think both ships have the Flowrider and basketball courts (he wouldn't ice skate) so that's maybe a wash.

3. I'm in Texas, so taking Navigator means no airfare needed as we can drive there in about 4 hours. And I know the Nav was recently updated which helps.

I can take the Navigator (sup balcony room in that D1 class---whatever that means) for $4181. Ports include Cozumel (been 3 x via land trips), GCayman (never been), Falmouth (not appealing but maybe I would be surprised.

OR

Oasis in the same class of ocean view balcony room for $6104. But airfare would be on top of that. Ports are same except swap out Cayman for Labadee.

Sooooo.....ya think it's worth about $3k extra to experience Oasis? It's Christmas and also my son's 16th bday so while the money is important the overall experience is more important (I think). ;)

Did you check the BOGO half fare going on now. For a Feb., '16 cruise I'm paying less than $800 per for a Central Park balcony, with the discounts.

Will you take advantage of the entertainment? If you will attend, and enjoy the shows, then by all means... the Allure is for you. I have to tell you that your 15 yo will enjoy the Aqua Show and if he can attend, most likely the comedy show. If he likes theater, then he'll enjoy the stage shows.

If not.. then go with NOS.

The teen club on both, I think, would be equal.

I think Allure is the destination, the ports are there, but we spend a lot of time exploring the ships.

Whatever you choose... I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

I'd also select NOS with that price differential and difference in travel cost and travel headaches.

You might also price out different booking options. Sometimes pricing is so high for the third person, it might cost little more to book two cabins and perhaps bring a fourth person. A relative or friend might love to go (they'd room with the teen), allowing you more privacy. Look at prices and options...two insides...two oceanviews...a balcony and inside across the hall...etc. Can't hurt to look.

Too bad you cannot get the BOGO rates that start a couple weeks later, but I also vote for Navigator, I might want to look at JS which I am sure is still cheaper than Oasis. We just sailed on Naviagtor.

Did NOS in April and doing Allure (4th time on Oasis class) at Halloween - both with a 15 year old DS, no less. For that price difference I'd do NOS, especially since you don't have to fly, as it is a pain getting from Hobby or IAH to Galveston and Ft. Lauderdale is a breeze.

Now that the NOS has a Flowrider, there's not going to be much difference between the two for a 15 year old. For my 15 year old it's all about Teen Club and Sports Deck for him, and both of them are comparable in that respect. One thing I think might factor in favor of Allure is the number of kids will be larger, so he'd have a better chance of meeting other kids similar to him. But since you are going over Christmas, there will be lots of boys his age on either ship.

I don't mean to sell the Allure short, as there are plenty of things that will appeal to the parents of a 15 year old boy that NOS doesn't offer, but as far as he's concerned, he won't be missing out on anything he cares about on NOS.