RCCL Fan Solo on Carnival Sunshine

Oh! Well, this wasn't what I expected at all. It was uncrowded and quite civilized. Where were the people shoving food into their faces with their bare hands? Screaming toddlers? Neglectful parents? Hmmm, maybe i would find them later.

LOL. This has to be one of the best reviews I've ever read. Love the way you thread your pics into your posts. :)

I went to the internet cafe to print my boarding pass and then to my cabin to pack and fill out my custom form. As you can tell, I did not spend a lot on this cruise, the most expensive things were the photos, they cost me $22 each

I Love your review. you have such a fun sense of humor that makes it quite enjoyable reading. I'm going on a b2b2b on the Sunshine in June and love reading about her.

Did you have to pay to print your boarding pass? I've never used the internet cafe but thought them to be very expensive. How did you print your boarding pass without a huge fee?

thanks in advance,

~mary~

• 3 weeks later...

So I was searching through the blogs tonight trying to find some info on Sunshine when I came across this amazing review… First, I saw you comments about finding flights in Richmond, then the pictures of Virginia license plates. After a few more pages I figured out we both live in Lynchburg :) Yay for Lynchburg cruisers!

Awesome review!

Aimee

Hmm, multiquoting isn't working. As far as printing boarding passes, there is a fee for using the internet, but, it was not ridiculous. I jumped on FB a few times during the cruise and then about 2 minutes to print my passes. Just don't go on for hours at a time.

Hello, fellow VA cruiser, I actually work in Forest (at the pharmacy that dares not speak its name). :D

Great review! You're hilarious and I need to go read your other ones. Thanks for the wcmc mention. :D

Just curious- now that you have sailed Carnival solo, which line would you say is more solo cruiser friendly? Carnival or Royal Caribbean?

Edited by gapearl

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonderful review. I was looking for some Sunshine reviews and came across yours. Have been on the Sunshine and hoping to go on her again so wanted to see what others thought of her. You did not disappoint.

You are funny and have a good heart.

Going to try your 26 acts of Kindness. However, going to leave them for crew and staff. Since I'm an early riser and am around areas before some stations are staffed, I know I can do it without being seen.

Thank you for the link to the website for the cards.

My next business of the day was to do something that has become a bit of a tradition with me. I don't know, if you do something twice, is that a tradition? On my Grandeur cruise, I had distributed 26 gift bags to various cabins as part of the 26 Acts of Kindness, in memory of the victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

This is such a great idea! I actually might think about doing something like this for my upcoming cruise on the Carnival Breeze!

• 1 month later...
Going to try your 26 acts of Kindness. However, going to leave them for crew and staff. Since I'm an early riser and am around areas before some stations are staffed, I know I can do it without being seen.Thank you for the link to the website for the cards.

Yes, If I do it again, I am going to leave at least a few where staff members can find them, behind bars, etc. Thanks to everybody for the kind words since i last checked in, I see the thread has lived on! :D

I'm really enjoying your review! Especially the great pictures.

As someone who worked for the "pharmacy that shall not be named" for 11 years (in the corporate office no less!),I still speak of it in hushed tones even 15 years after I left...

Just came across this review. I love reading your reviews and esp. since I will be on this ship in April. Most of my cruises have also been on RCCL.

I have errands to do this a.m. but this is going to be my afternoon entertainment. :D

Edited by lauren0309

• 7 months later...

Hey Maureen,

I found one of your reviews and have continued to read them all. I know DH has been wondering what the heck I have been doing for 2 days. And why I am laughing out loud! You have a great sense of humor and many thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us.

DH and I grew up in Lynchburg, but haven't lived there for many years. Enjoyed the pics of the airport and train station (still looks the same).

We also share your fondness for kitties (we have a rescue kitty too). The pics of Hemingway's home brought back great memories of our visit to KW.

Hope you keep cruising and sharing your experiences. We would love to be on the same ship with you one day!

Debbie