RCCL Fan Solo on Carnival Sunshine

I can sail alone & not have to worry about having a cruise partner. I will be on the lookout for decent solo fares leaving out of my homeport Galveston.

I also am a single cruiser ( 86 male), sailed on NOS twice this year, had a blast!

:eek: Where is the purple suitcase? Did it do something wrong to be left in the hall closet at home? :(

HAHA!! Karen, Leave it to you to notice that! Actually, Since I was only doing a 5 nighter, I did carry on only. I was worried about my early flight home and didn't want to check a bag. On the way down, I had all my Kindness gifts, so, I checked my blue carryon, since it was free. On the way home, I put my backpack inside my blue carryon and carried everything. That's why Geoffrey the Panda stayed home, too. :o

US Army Captain. :)

Well, You're the second person to say that, so it must be true. I guess this is where I should pretend I am from Canada or Peru or something? :o I swear he had an accent, though.....

Well, You're the second person to say that, so it must be true. I guess this is where I should pretend I am from Canada or Peru or something? :o I swear he had an accent, though.....

Well, being retired military myself does give me a little inside knowledge. ;)

Loved your review!! I so want to do the 26 acts of kindness did you make up the paper explaining it or did you download from somewhere?

I got it from here.

http://www.milkandcookiesblog.com/26-acts-printable-cards

The nice thing about this site is they come preprinted with the names and ages. Print them on cardstock and they will stand up in the bags. They print 4 to a page, so, you will need 7 pages. Please do this, you will love it! :D

Well, I am officially addicted to your cruise reviews, having spent portions of the last few days reading all 3! Can't wait for the MSC Divina review.

Very entertaining, I even caught myself chuckling out loud a couple of times.

The only thing wrong with this review is, it was too short since it was a short cruise. Laughed so many times just like I have reading your other reviews.:D

Question....where in Key West did you get the name shells?

Well, I am officially addicted to your cruise reviews, having spent portions of the last few days reading all 3! Can't wait for the MSC Divina review.

Very entertaining, I even caught myself chuckling out loud a couple of times.

Addicted! Oh my! Trust me, I have MORE fun doing the reviews. :D

The only thing wrong with this review is, it was too short since it was a short cruise. Laughed so many times just like I have reading your other reviews.:D

It is a cart on Duval St. On the right hand side of the street, there is a hotel right there, can't think of the name of it. I think I have their card somewhere, I'll look for it. There was another cart before it, on the Sloppy Joe side of the street, but, their shells weren't as good and cost more. :D

Out of the 9.3 million personalized plates on the roads of America, about one in 10 are in Virginia, according to rankings provided to The Associated Press by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. That's 16% of the plates issued by Virginia. New Hampshire came in second with nearly 14%.

QUOTE]

I am from Virginia. We are all about love and specialized plates. Really enjoying your review.

• 1 month later...

It is a cart on Duval St. On the right hand side of the street, there is a hotel right there, can't think of the name of it. I think I have their card somewhere, I'll look for it. There was another cart before it, on the Sloppy Joe side of the street, but, their shells weren't as good and cost more. :D

Well, here I am getting ready for my next cruise and I found the business card of the shell place in my carryon! :o It is Key West Names on Shells, corner of Fleming and Duval. To contact them and arrange for personalized shells before you arrive call Linda McCall at 305-393-6298 or lindainkeywest@yahoo.com.

Sorry for the delay, I really thought I misplaced the card. :rolleyes:

maureencruiser - What a great writing style!!! We've never considered Fat Tuesday - we'll have to do so.

Did you find the ship to be "crowded"? It looks that there are two dining rooms but the mid-ship only one level?

Looking fwd to your MSC review!!!!

ken

• 3 weeks later...
maureencruiser - What a great writing style!!! We've never considered Fat Tuesday - we'll have to do so.

Did you find the ship to be "crowded"? It looks that there are two dining rooms but the mid-ship only one level?

Looking fwd to your MSC review!!!!

ken

Ken, I did not find it crowded, but, then again, I do not hang around on the pool deck where the crowds usually gather. I only used the DR a few times, honestly I don't remember. I'm working on my MSC review now. :)

I stumbled upon your Allure review last year and became hooked on your witty writing! Now I'm enjoying your MSC Divina review! You made me laugh so hard I spit on my iPad! Keep me coming!:D

Oops...keep 'em coming! Stupid auto correction gets me in trouble!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...