RCCL Fan Solo on Carnival Sunshine

Hi Maureen :D

Loving your review! Never been on Sunshine, I hope you had a wonderful cruise. So happy to read along to know all the details of your trip. Great job. See ya 'round! :p

Well, hello Stranger!

Great review. I really like your writing style. I have a friend who manages one of the pharmacy's I think you work for. Based upon my observation they aren't real employee friendly. Anyway thank you for taking the time to write, we will be on the Sunshine in two weeks and your review just makes me that much more excited.

On a different note Longhorn is one of those restaurants you never hear much about, I mean I never hear someone saying we went to Longhorn last night. I find that strange because every time I have eaten there the food is outstanding.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

I agree with you completely about Longhorns and the pharmacy that dares not speak its name. I have NO DOUBT they scour the internet looking for employees bad-mouthing them. :rolleyes:

Really enjoying your review!

Not sure where the Sunshine will be sailing from in Nov but check Frontier Airlines from Dulles. They will start flying from Dulles in Sept and they have some great prices on direct flights.

Frontier used to be ok but now they will start charging for carry-ons unless you buy the more expensive ticket :eek:

Edited by sirenitas

Hi Maureen! LOVE your review. I'm enjoying reliving our cruise from your story telling. :)

The "Not exactly" comment with Gabriel's picture truly had me LOLing here.

Though it was only a few brief moments, it was nice meeting you.

ImageUploadedByForums1401680684.886387.jpg.02caf97992167f0c74c66d032cd96cdd.jpg

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

Sorry about the delay, life got in the way. I forgot to mention that I had come home to this new friend that first night.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3A23%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A383%3B257ot1lsi

Apparently, someone is in love!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv438%3A%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B29257ot1lsi

Gia also kept these two small friends on his cart at all times.

I slept until 9 the next morning, and, as this was our only sea day, I knew I wanted to see what the Sea Day Brunch was all about. It's been a while since I ate in the MDR, but I like breakfast and I like lunch, so, I was willing to give it a try. On my way in, I met a woman who asked me if we needed reservations, she seemed really nervous, so, I invited her to eat with me. Turns out she was a newbie, on her first cruise with her sister, who wasn't feeling well and had decided to sleep in.

Her name was Suzi and they seated us at a table for 2, at the very back of the restaurant. This was the view from our table.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv98%3A4%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3843257ot1lsi

I, of course, let the newbie have the view while I looked back towards the rest of the room. They brought us a nice bread basket with muffins.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv372%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D374%3B994%3A39348nu0mrj

In what was quickly becoming a theme on this cruise, I had Bacon Macaroni and Cheese.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4526%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A383%3C257ot1lsi

And steak and eggs.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv364%3C%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B2%3B257ot1lsi

It was a good thing I took those two pictures when I did because a few seconds later, ANOTHER rogue wave hit a Carnival ship I was on and the dining room was completely covered with water! :eek:

Well, that's what it seemed like anyway. What actually happened was my new friend put her feet on the base of the table and then pushed backwards in her chair. The result of this was 2 glasses of water, 2 glasses of apple juice and 2 cups of coffee all toppled over and came rushing straight at me and my food! HOLY MOLY! I never moved so fast! My food, sadly, took the brunt of it. :( Our table, which by now, of course, was THE center of attention, was quickly attended to by a bevy

of waiters armed with napkins and tablecloths and my food was rapidly replaced. Why I didn't think to take a picture of that hubbub, I'll never know. I think I was just so grateful that my camera, which was sitting on the table , wasn't ruined. I can't even imagine writing a review without pictures. ;)

Having survived my second flood of the cruise , I headed back to my cabin. On the way, I saw a room with two pullmans (pullmen?) in use. I had never seen that before, so, I asked the steward working there if I could take a picture of it. He said he couldn't let me in (good man), but, he could take the picture. Here it is for those of you who are thinking about 4 in an inside cabin.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9777%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3847257ot1lsi

A few doors down, I stopped to take a picture of these beautiful door decorations.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B936%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B37257ot1lsi

It wasn't until after I took the picture that I realized it was the cabin of my birthday friend, Michele! On a side note, these decorations were stolen from her door sometime during our second night onboard. What a shame that people would do that to someone who was just trying to enjoy herself and put a smile on other people's faces. :mad:

My next business of the day was to do something that has become a bit of a tradition with me. I don't know, if you do something twice, is that a tradition? On my Grandeur cruise, I had distributed 26 gift bags to various cabins as part of the 26 Acts of Kindness, in memory of the victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I wasn't sure if I could afford to do it again. I decided to look for smaller gift bags at AC Moore, where I had found my original bags. If they didn't have small, cute bags at a good price, I wasn't going to look anywhere else, this was my only stop.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8937%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B38257ot1lsi

OMG! Animal prints! And, they come in 13 packs! It was meant to be.

I'm just anal enough that I had to line them up to see how many I had of each print. (Or species)

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv676%3C%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B3%3B257ot1lsi

I didn't have much to put in them, some candy, some gum, I had found 26 packs of playing cards at Dollar General. I thought maybe someone would use them while sitting in the airport or something.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C38%3Dot%3E2848%3D739%3D826%3D3757739735348nu0mrj

Here they are, packed and ready to go.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A33%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D374%3B994%3A53348nu0mrj

I waited a little bit for the stewards to recede then I headed out. How do you carry 26 gift bags? Why, 13 at a time, of course!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6946%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B45257ot1lsi

I made it easier than last time, I only delivered to people on my floor, on my side of the ship, even. I went to the end and worked my way back, hanging the bags on doors that "looked" occupied. A few stewards asked me what they were, but, they seemed happy when I told them , they didn't seem like they would confiscate them or anything.

One lady saw me at her door and said, Thank You. I told her, You didn't see me. As I was doing this, I ran into Michele. While I was talking to her, a little boy came back to his cabin and he said, I got something, cool! Both of those encounters made me smile, I always said if one person appreciates it, it is worth doing. The best, though, was a while later, I saw a girl using one of the bags as a purse! Having completed my good deed for the day, I settled down for a nap. :cool:

My next business of the day was to do something that has become a bit of a tradition with me. I don't know, if you do something twice, is that a tradition? On my Grandeur cruise, I had distributed 26 gift bags to various cabins as part of the 26 Acts of Kindness, in memory of the victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I wasn't sure if I could afford to do it again. I decided to look for smaller gift bags at AC Moore, where I had found my original bags. If they didn't have small, cute bags at a good price, I wasn't going to look anywhere else, this was my only stop.

OMG! Animal prints! And, they come in 13 packs! It was meant to be.

I'm just anal enough that I had to line them up to see how many I had of each print. (Or species)

I didn't have much to put in them, some candy, some gum, I had found 26 packs of playing cards at Dollar General. I thought maybe someone would use them while sitting in the airport or something.

Here they are, packed and ready to go.

I waited a little bit for the stewards to recede then I headed out. How do you carry 26 gift bags? Why, 13 at a time, of course!

I made it easier than last time, I only delivered to people on my floor, on my side of the ship, even. I went to the end and worked my way back, hanging the bags on doors that "looked" occupied. A few stewards asked me what they were, but, they seemed happy when I told them , they didn't seem like they would confiscate them or anything.

One lady saw me at her door and said, Thank You. I told her, You didn't see me. As I was doing this, I ran into Michele. While I was talking to her, a little boy came back to his cabin and he said, I got something, cool! Both of those encounters made me smile, I always said if one person appreciates it, it is worth doing. The best, though, was a while later, I saw a girl using one of the bags as a purse! Having completed my good deed for the day, I settled down for a nap. :cool:

That is so sweet of you!

You are obviously not only a great and engaging writer, but also a wonderful soul! I am sure that Karma will come around and someone will do something special for you at some time. I applaud you (but quietly so no one knows it is you ;) )!

Another solo in her 50's is loving your review..what a great first pick in another reading CC treat..thanks for doing this..I really love your humor and your "seeing the good or the humor in things" and wow..I never knew about this 26 acts of kindness thing..great and wonderful to make a tiny light with something unthinkable so people can maybe think about it..just one really good idea comes from..eventually..more often from good ideas w/ peace and love and mixed with "not forgetting". I think this all gives reality and hope..fellow men are out there trying to make a world a better place...very sweet to do on your cruise and a great idea to "work on improvement" with a lot of our "hardest realities" here,,,among them, children killing children and adults..can't believe the pre-teenage girl thing..SHOCK and AGONY IN my HEART so deep on that...thanks for everything..sharing fun and making the truth palatable with the fun..I think it is important to healing and making word better and remembering some will never be on vacation together...In Gratitude..back to the fun...sarah

Edited by sjn911

I'm enjoying your review! I just sailed dcl b2b 2 different ships and came home and now booked carnival sunshine for feb break 2016. It's a long way off but that's ok more time to save plan and read reviews :) thanks for that picture of the 2 Pullmans in use one of our rooms will be set up like that for 4.

I am loving your review!!! We are not cruising on the Sunshine until Aug 2015.. I am addicted to every word :)

You are an awesome person for doing the the acts of kindness. You are a lady with a big heart and Im sure the people appreciated it and felt special to receive it.