OPEN LETTER to Royal Carribbean

John, you made a terrible mistake here....you brought the Royal cheerleaders out...not the obvious daily posters but the behind the scenes ones...the ones that back the daily ones up. You must have hit a nerve.

Have you read the books, since you quoted my reply. I am sure John Galt understands the comparison.

As to bringing out the behind the scenes cheerleaders comment, I theoretically share the OPs beliefs in the truth. I post rarely here not because of some sort of sinister network of RCI cheerleaders but because I become bored by the predictable nature of posters who come here dump their poop stir the forum and move on. In this case I am not talking about the OP, but those who desperately have to prove that the cheerleaders suck.

One of the problems with this forum if a cheerleader posts "I am going to get some popcorn" they get deleted, but folks that say "that posters is a cheerleader or Royal Carribot" with nary a hint of warning, and with the intent of their thoughts do not count. It is a classic way of shutting of any differing opinion and is quite tiresome.

It is all good to me, those who know me get me and those who don't I could care less. I open about 1 in 50 threads in this forum in any week that I bother to view it, and I reply to even fewer.

jc

Just an aside, love your avatar but not sure why you have one of the UKs premier comedians/comic actors as avatar :rolleyes:

Saw there was a mention of Roz and her mum, we too have not seen either of them for a couple of years now, sad to say.

That is very concerning!!!! I have emailed, and even tried to track Roz down on FB. We talked about getting together last fall when I was in London, but alas I lost contact sometime during the summer. Wonderful ladies, and she is a great CC member. I hope all is well someone can update us. One of the problems of social media is we meet so many great people but lose track with them. Having spent a lovely weekend doing shows with her and her mum in the west end she is one of the truly wonderful people that I have met from CC.

jc

It is all good to me, those who know me get me and those who don't I could care less. I open about 1 in 50 threads in this forum in any week that I bother to view it, and I reply to even fewer.

jc

In keeping with your spirit of "public service" the proper term is "could not care less". Apologies extended of course. :D

I have read both threads, and am wondering, now that you have started this one, why, after the last thread, do you need to continue to present your feelings to this blog? If you want to keep your comments....CEO to CEO, and Goldstein is still there till a replacement is found, why have you started this thread?

I have found your original thread to be presented well, and to the point.

I have had surprises on Royal Caribbean that would make you wonder why I still sail with them, but I don't air these accounts, except to say, if you take the time to look them all up, that Mr. Goldstein would rather have more first time customers, than repeat customers.

Now, you seem to be trying to defend yourself against any other blogger on this thread that either supports or finds your posts not to their liking.

So, I guess I have to ask.........what is the true purpose of this thread?:)

Rick

It is nice to know that those of us who have cruised RCI a few more times than once are so appreciated.:rolleyes:

Edited by Ocean Boy

I apologized when I posted it and I did not do it to denigrate the poster. I was just doing a public service, and we all know how things post wrong today with people posting from IPhones and other handheld devices.

Do you really think that a poster who has been around as long as I have needed to be reminded of this?:rolleyes:

Of course, shutting up discourse is always favored by many posters here.

jc

PS good morning to all on the thread.:cool:

I think acting like the thread police and telling other posters what they should and shouldn't be doing is ALSO against CC rules, but that didn't stop her, did it? :D

Good morning to you too! :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Will be interested to see response from Adam Goldstein. We sail on EX on Dec. 4, 2014

I too am interested in a response from Mr. Goldstein , my next cruise in on the

Brilliance and now I woke to a long letter posting about problems on that ship

on the current May 26th sailing roll call .

What is going on ?

Just an aside, love your avatar but not sure why you have one of the UKs premier comedians/comic actors as avatar

Because your comedian is one of our best dramatic actors and, believe me, I am grateful you lent him to the colonies for 8 years.:D

And this couldn't have happened int he original thread...why?

I've explained this twice if you care to read. If not, I'll make it really easy "BECAUSE I chose to do it this way".

John, you made a terrible mistake here....you brought the Royal cheerleaders out...not the obvious daily posters but the behind the scenes ones...the ones that back the daily ones up. You must have hit a nerve.

I don't mind the Royal Carribots, they are kind of fun and a true source of amusement. I just think "What would Doctor House do?" LOL

To everyone on here of either persuasion.

In any case, even my OP letter reflects that I am still an RCI client and fan and have, by no means, walked away from RCI based on one experience. It also reflects that the cruise, taken as a whole, was not bad, it just wasn't Royal. I'm both amazed and bemused that it stirred up the storm it has.

Again, I will update as appropriate.

Edited by JohnGaltny

I like your name... I like what it stands for. That said you remind me more of Ellsworth Toohey... I hope I am misjudging you, but somehow, sadly, I doubt it.

jc

Sorry for the brain spasm late last night. I didn't recognize Ellsworth and I should have. Boy have you got that wrong. LOL

As for my name (and what it connotes) I do not EXPECT RCI to do anything but act in it's own corporate self-interest. What they determine that to be is not for me to prescribe but, hopefully, by identifying their best interests and acting upon them, they will benefit all of us who sail their ships.

Sorry for the brain spasm late last night. I didn't recognize Ellsworth and I should have. Boy have you got that wrong. LOL

As for my name (and what it connotes) I do not EXPECT RCI to do anything but act in it's own corporate self-interest. What they determine that to be is not for me to prescribe but, hopefully, by identifying their best interests and acting upon them, they will benefit all of us who sail their ships.

What was it that Ellsworth did in the Fountainhead?

I am not saying that you are making any of this up. I am only saying, something completely obvious, this is an anonymous forum, and anybody can say anything and I can not, generally speaking, prove it to be a fact or a lie.

You say you are/were a CEO. OK, how the heck do I verify that? Further why does it matter and why state it?

Things like this drive literalists like me insane.

YMMV

jc

For what its worth, I have corresponded with, and followed JohnGaltny's posts, for several years and have found him to be an intelligent and humorous contributor to this forum. I am somewhat surprised at some of the responses to this string.

The fact that he travels with a bevy of beautiful women is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with my brown-nosing!

Edited by SailorJack

LOL, Jack there's a reason I love ya but it may have more to do with Sailor Jill.:D

I am still willing to do a shoot with her in a few of those outfits you describe (or is it hallucinate??)

Edited by JohnGaltny

I can not believe the negative reaction towards OP. OP made no threats, no inappropriate language, no wacky demands. They simply put together a well worded letter to inform corporate of service level issues. OP has done all of us a giant favor by writing the letter AND sharing it with us.

I am interested in the corporate response. Obviously the operating procedures OP encountered on his cruise is not what corporate wants. Perhaps an overzealous hotel director is looking at ways to save costs under corporate pressures, but it seems what he encountered is below acceptable minimums.

When OP gets a response from corporate and shares it here for the rest of us it helps us all to understand what type of company we are giving our hard earned money towards. I am not sure what, or any, sort of resolution is acceptable but acknowledgement and sincere apologies and description of future action and shipboard operational plans would be what I would consider a bare minimum of acceptance.

OP, I hope you receive a favorable response and not some useless form letter. I too would have found the same situation to be totally unacceptable onboard ship. RCI is my line of choice currently, but I do like to know that good corporate stewardship is in place and communications between land based management and shipboard operations is an open channel and designed to take care of the guest.

Looking forward to you sharing updates.

The signal to noise ratio in this thread is out of whack.

For what its worth, I have corresponded with, and followed JohnGaltny's posts, for several years and have found him to be an intelligent and humorous contributor to this forum. I am somewhat surprised at some of the responses to this string.

The fact that he travels with a bevy of beautiful women is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with my brown-nosing!

Like.JPG

Rude? Have you seen my avatar.

I do not think I am in anyway " special" but until you have money on the line and have sat up at 2:00 in the morning on the first of every month, there is an experience factor you do not have. My employees were well paid and always respected but did not have their ass in the wind. It's a difference in frame of reference.

I did not know Mr. Goldstein had moved on. Thank you for that and also for the additional amusement.

You are not rude at all I enjoy your writing style. :)

I can not believe the negative reaction towards OP. OP made no threats, no inappropriate language, no wacky demands. They simply put together a well worded letter to inform corporate of service level issues. OP has done all of us a giant favor by writing the letter AND sharing it with us.

I am interested in the corporate response. Obviously the operating procedures OP encountered on his cruise is not what corporate wants. Perhaps an overzealous hotel director is looking at ways to save costs under corporate pressures, but it seems what he encountered is below acceptable minimums.

When OP gets a response from corporate and shares it here for the rest of us it helps us all to understand what type of company we are giving our hard earned money towards. I am not sure what, or any, sort of resolution is acceptable but acknowledgement and sincere apologies and description of future action and shipboard operational plans would be what I would consider a bare minimum of acceptance.

OP, I hope you receive a favorable response and not some useless form letter. I too would have found the same situation to be totally unacceptable onboard ship. RCI is my line of choice currently, but I do like to know that good corporate stewardship is in place and communications between land based management and shipboard operations is an open channel and designed to take care of the guest.

Looking forward to you sharing updates.

The signal to noise ratio in this thread is out of whack.

Thanks LMax. I can handle the naysayers but it still helps to know some people "get it". I'm envious that you articulated that better than I did.;)

Oppolopa, this one was unfortunately not my normal demented review of a cruise. I just didn't think this subject called for a screed, but rather a sober discussion. Hopefully I'll cruise again this year (probably on RCI) and I'll have another poor, pseudo-Sailor Jack imitation to write.

Edited by JohnGaltny

I have no probelm with multiple threads...it's not like all the tipping and proper attire threads get consolidated.

I also think the letter was well written...especially considering it was written by A YANKEE. :D

(high five from Texas)

Moving on to a different subject, I must say that while the overall cruise was fine, the "feel" was very different from the Royal that we know and much closer to Norwegian in that most of the crew did their job competently but that's it. With a few notable exceptions (Clive at the Pool Bar,

Kenger thewashee-washeelady , and our wait staff in the MDR) the RCI feel of "I'm glad you’re aboard" was totally missing.

VTY,[/b]

I hope this part of your letter gets the attention it deserves as well. As I stated earlier, we ejoyed our last cruise and RCI is our favorite line, but definitely unlike other cruises, where we felt that the staff really was happy to see us and have us onboard, this past cruise did not give us that same feel/vibe. I included that in our comments section on our survey, but not as eloquently as you! :) Let us know what you hear.

Ok I got to ask , your taking on a large corporate entity ,but your not looking for compensation , um I would be almost certain that there were apologizes given on the ship for the problems you encountered , so really what's more could you be after ? ....from the street to the suite

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe he is looking to make sure the bosses have a clue about what some of the issues were aboard their ship? Maybe if the bosses are hearing from enough passengers on this ship they might find that there is a pattern of problems that needs to be addressed with the ship's management. If they are hearing from passengers from multiple ships then maybe they will look into whether there are any corporate policies that have been put into place that are resulting in issues on this ship or throughout the fleet.

I have written letters to RCI in the past about things that I thought were great as well as things that I thought could use some improving. I was never looking for anything more than to provide customer feedback on what RCI does well and not so well as well as to make them aware of some employees who I thought were exceptional. Why are you looking for some sinister ulterior motive where there really doesn't seem to be one?

I have no probelm with multiple threads...it's not like all the tipping and proper attire threads get consolidated.

I also think the letter was well written...especially considering it was written by A YANKEE. :D

(high five from Texas)

Well DAYUMMMM, I'm always glad to hear from other planets. LOL

Here among us damn Yankees, it's a fist bump.:D

I hope this part of your letter gets the attention it deserves as well. As I stated earlier, we ejoyed our last cruise and RCI is our favorite line, but definitely unlike other cruises, where we felt that the staff really was happy to see us and have us onboard, this past cruise did not give us that same feel/vibe. I included that in our comments section on our survey, but not as eloquently as you! :) Let us know what you hear.

Believe it or not, I think THIS was the most disappointing aspect and it was the response to this that surprised me. I thought it was just me, but apparently not. That's why I did this second thread as an open letter.

Maybe he is looking to make sure the bosses have a clue about what some of the issues were aboard their ship? Maybe if the bosses are hearing from enough passengers on this ship they might find that there is a pattern of problems that needs to be addressed with the ship's management. If they are hearing from passengers from multiple ships then maybe they will look into whether there are any corporate policies that have been put into place that are resulting in issues on this ship or throughout the fleet.

I have written letters to RCI in the past about things that I thought were great as well as things that I thought could use some improving. I was never looking for anything more than to provide customer feedback on what RCI does well and not so well as well as to make them aware of some employees who I thought were exceptional. Why are you looking for some sinister ulterior motive where there really doesn't seem to be one?

Dead on. My actual (and most sinister) ulterior motive is to try to preserve a cruise experience I have loved seven times before. THE HORROR :eek:

As I noted in the letter by name, I did file WOW cards for those employees on the ship.

Edited by JohnGaltny