Elite + perks?

twopats

We just were notified we are not Elite + and I wonder what the perks are over just plain old Elite? Trish

A larger internet package ($99 v. $49 package). An additional wash and fold laundry coupon. Free regular Cappuccinos, Lattes, Espressos and Specialty Teas. These are the main differences.

A larger internet package ($99 v. $49 package). An additional wash and fold laundry coupon. Free regular Cappuccinos, Lattes, Espressos and Specialty Teas. These are the main differences.

On our Summit cruise on May 25th there was no $99 package. DH & I tried signing up ourselves as we have done in the past and then just drop the coupon in the bin, but when we went on line to pick a package there was nothing for $99. So we needed to wait for Lounge Employee and he signed us up for the $109 package. Then he wrote on the back of our coupons $109 and that was credited on our account.

We never did take advantage of the teas, lattes, etc. and since it was only a one week cruise did not need any laundry done. The only good perk is the internet minutes.

Edited by CruisingChick

Are the free coffees and teas as many as you want or coupons for a free one? We'll be reaching our Elite + when we've completed our October cruise.

Are the free coffees and teas as many as you want or coupons for a free one? We'll be reaching our Elite + when we've completed our October cruise.

No coupons required. They will just take your Seapass Card. You will not receive a slip unless yu order something not included.. The perk only covers the basic drinks; however they often add powered flavoring if asked. The Tea Forte flavored teas are included, but the ice tea is not. I always asked for a separate glass with ice and poured my own. You cannot get the free coffee and tea from room service, but can get it in all dining venues and Al Bacio, or Cove, if on Century.

On our Summit cruise on May 25th there was no $99 package. DH & I tried signing up ourselves as we have done in the past and then just drop the coupon in the bin, but when we went on line to pick a package there was nothing for $99. So we needed to wait for Lounge Employee and he signed us up for the $109 package. Then he wrote on the back of our coupons $109 and that was credited on our account.

We never did take advantage of the teas, lattes, etc. and since it was only a one week cruise did not need any laundry done. The only good perk is the internet minutes.

I get that, in your view, the only good perk is the internet minutes. However, some of us rather enjoy the coffees and teas at Bacio and the ability to send out smaller amounts of laundry more often so the clothes are not all smashed into one bag.

My guess is that people have their own opinions as to which perks are valuable to them.

I get that, in your view, the only good perk is the internet minutes. However, some of us rather enjoy the coffees and teas at Bacio and the ability to send out smaller amounts of laundry more often so the clothes are not all smashed into one bag.

My guess is that people have their own opinions as to which perks are valuable to them.

I have argued that Celebrity should create a new level between Elite+ and Zenith.

( Say at 1500 points). Could give increased laundry and more internet. Doubt that anything will happen soon since Celebrity took some hits for the way it rolled out current program an wants to put Loyalty program behind them. But those who want it should make their opinion known.

The Zenith benefits are wonderful.

Edited by Orator

I appreciate the laundry and dry cleaning on cruises over 7 days.

As for free coffee, teas in Cafe Al Bacio, maybe one day we will get there. We always say we are going there and for some reason just never get it on our schedule.

We did use our free gelato coupon. The chocolate was really good.

Personally I believe Elite+ should get a better bottled wine discount. It's still the same as the Elite discount. Would it kill them to give us 30% off a $40+ bottle of wine? We actually liked the old coupon where we got $20 off any bottle of wine.

You are correct everyone values the perks and coupons differently.

My thoughts exactly....

These benefits are enjoyed much differently by different folks. My partner loves tea and I usually spring for a premium non-alcoholic beverage package, but this would allow a considerable reduction in cost, even on a 7 day cruise.

..... Free regular Cappuccinos, Lattes, Espressos and Specialty Teas. These are the main differences.

Yes, the cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and specialty teas were free, but they charged us for a hot chocolate!

We were surprised since hot chocolate is available free at the buffet.

There is really no need to wait for a lounge employee or to say anything to anyone about it.

We each just signed ourselves up for the $109 package and dropped our coupons into the box. The $109 credits showed up on our accounts a day later.

It is a very nice perk.

We hear that in the future the perks will automatically be loaded to our seapass cards so we will no longer even need to go to the iLounge to swipe our cards.

There is really no need to wait for a lounge employee or to say anything to anyone about it.

We each just signed ourselves up for the $109 package and dropped our coupons into the box. The $109 credits showed up on our accounts a day later.

The coupon we had stated - $99 - 200 free internet minutes. There was no package that was $99 - 200 minutes. So how was I suppose to know to pick the $109 package which was 242 minutes of internet time?

I didn't want to pick a package, sign up and then be charged on my account. Therefore we waited for the Lounge employee to ask what package we should pick. He said $109, which was 242 minutes of internet.

Edited by CruisingChick

Yes, the cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and specialty teas were free, but they charged us for a hot chocolate!

We were surprised since hot chocolate is available free at the buffet.

It is a very nice perk.

We hear that in the future the perks will automatically be loaded to our seapass cards so we will no longer even need to go to the iLounge to swipe our cards.

[/size][/font]

Happening now on Constellation. Very easy to do and much appreciated. Should be ready for a fleet wide rollout.

I appreciate the laundry and dry cleaning on cruises over 7 days.

As for free coffee, teas in Cafe Al Bacio, maybe one day we will get there. We always say we are going there and for some reason just never get it on our schedule.

We did use our free gelato coupon. The chocolate was really good.

Personally I believe Elite+ should get a better bottled wine discount. It's still the same as the Elite discount. Would it kill them to give us 30% off a $40+ bottle of wine? We actually liked the old coupon where we got $20 off any bottle of wine.

You are correct everyone values the perks and coupons differently.

You don't have to go to Bacio for your free coffee, etc. you can order it anywhere on the ship and its free.

These are also my thoughts. We rarely take seven day cruises, and often are on B2B, so we really appreciate the additional bag of laundry. And we actually use the coffee and Tea Forte at least one time a day as I frequently have a latte prepared in a "to go" cup.

It is a very nice perk.

On the Constellation TA the internet minutes were already in an account -- no need to even deliver a coupon to the iLounge.

I would like to see a level at 1500. Between Elite plus and Zenith. Being able to use Michaels would be nice as it`s not that crowded now.

Seriously doubt that if any loyalty level except Zenith would ever have Michael's Club as a benefit. In fact, I believe that it was designed for the top Suites and since there are only an estimated 50 Zeniths they decided to include them. It was designed to give the impression of exclusivity.

Once the top suites get the beverage package I don't see those folks using Michael's much in th evening. I won't. What does that leave? The Celebrity suites and Signature suites? And some of those folks have the beverage package also. I predict that after April 2015 we see continuing evolution of Michael's.

Once the top suites get the beverage package I don't see those folks using Michael's much in th evening. I won't. What does that leave? The Celebrity suites and Signature suites? And some of those folks have the beverage package also. I predict that after April 2015 we see continuing evolution of Michael's.

I am pretty sure that the Michael's Club concept will be evolving during the next year. Many do seem to enjoy the snacks and it seems to fill when they hold a special event. Every cruise has its own personality.i've been in Michael's Club just 3 times and on 2 ships, not enough of a sample to draw a meaningful conclusion.

My favorite Elite Plus perks are the internet minutes and the free coffees, rtc. That being said, the rules for coffee don't make sense IMO.

For example, you can have a latte, but you can't have a mocha, even though it costs the same.

You can't have a macciato even though it costs the same.

You can have hot tea, but not iced tea.

You can't have hot chocolate, even though it costs the same.

Really??? Who thinks of these rules?

On a recent transatlantic, someone on the ship bent the rules under complaints, I believe. For the entire cruise, we Elite-Plusers, of which there were many, were allowed just about anything on the Cafe al Bacio menu, free.

On the following cruise, same ship, the rules went back to normal---only the top 4-5 things were free; many coffee drinks that cost the same as the free ones were not allowed. Since many had a beverage package it didn't matter.

Go figure.