Looks like drink vouchers are here to stay

I spoke with C&A this afternoon, to see what they said about children being included. Here's what they said.....

Since they are diamond they would be eligible and will automatically receive the vouchers on their sea pass, however since "soda" or a "Shirley temple" isn't listed on the "approved beverages list" they wouldn't actually be allowed to redeem them towards those beverages. He told me it's intended for alcoholic beverages only, which of course they can't order.

Ummmmmmmm? O.o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is an odd reponse since I have ordered numberous soft drinks in the CL and DL. And plenty of people order mixed drinks with Coke or other sodas in the CL and DL. If the parents are ordering rum and cokes, for example, maybe junior can ask for a virgin rum and coke....that should give the bar waiter a chuckle.

Speaking of surprised bar waiters, one looked stunned when I asked for a Virgin Mary at the Elite Breakfast. Isn't that just spicy tomato juice, he asked with a puzzled look:).

That is an odd reponse since I have ordered numberous soft drinks in the CL and DL. And plenty of people order mixed drinks with Coke or other sodas in the CL and DL. If the parents are ordering rum and cokes, for example, maybe junior can ask for a virgin rum and coke....that should give the bar waiter a chuckle.

Speaking of surprised bar waiters, one looked stunned when I asked for a Virgin Mary at the Elite Breakfast. Isn't that just spicy tomato juice, he asked with a puzzled look:).

Yes - it is a strange response. Soda is always available in the CL/DL during the cocktail hours.

m

If I read this correctly, in the Diamond/Concierge lounges you an still get more than three drinks without using your seapass card. If you want to have drinks at another approved bar, during the lounges cocktail hours instead, you can do that also up to three drinks..Correct????

If I read this correctly, in the Diamond/Concierge lounges you an still get more than three drinks without using your seapass card. If you want to have drinks at another approved bar, during the lounges cocktail hours instead, you can do that also up to three drinks..Correct????

Correct.

The agent doesn't really know what actually happens in the real world. Soda is available in the clubs. If you order any of the normal soda mixers (virgin) without alcohol, you will get served in the bars. For kids, I can't specifically say it's true, but when we had vouchers on the Explorer my wife could always get soda, and often they would bring a can.

Hopefully RCI gets this worked out in training.

It will be interesting to see how strict they are as soft drinks aren't on the drink menu that was posted for the vouchers. I thought that was a bit strange as Celebrity includes soft drinks on their drink menu with their vouchers. I had also read in another discussion that no drinks with soda are allowed with the vouchers, which seemed also strange to me as well.

We made Diamond in the middle of our last cruise but really wasn't planning on going into the DL on our next cruise since we don't bring any type of dressier clothes (we tend to eat all our meals either in the Windjammer or Park Cafe) and the rest of our gang aren't anywhere near Diamond. This new turn of events is very exciting to us. I guess I'll forego my normal strawberry colada and go back to my old stand-by of tequila and 7-Up! Woohoo! :D

I love going to the diamond lounge before dinner to have a couple of drinks before dinner. We just got back from 33 days (b2b2b) and met so many nice people. I think the vouchers are great idea but keep the diamond lounge. Without the DL I think the bars would be very crowded. I only went to the CL 2times and very crowded and stuffy so the suite people can keep it, although I feel a diamond plus that has cruised many times deserves to be in the CL lounge just as much as someone who has booked a suite.

As for tipping we tipped our server every few days instead of the end, this way I think you get to know your server a little better and she knows she is doing a good job. It doesn't take much to grab some cash to take with you. I feel the vouchers and the DL are the best of both worlds.

I love going to the diamond lounge before dinner to have a couple of drinks before dinner. We just got back from 33 days (b2b2b) and met so many nice people. I think the vouchers are great idea but keep the diamond lounge. Without the DL I think the bars would be very crowded. I only went to the CL 2times and very crowded and stuffy so the suite people can keep it, although I feel a diamond plus that has cruised many times deserves to be in the CL lounge just as much as someone who has booked a suite.

As for tipping we tipped our server every few days instead of the end, this way I think you get to know your server a little better and she knows she is doing a good job. It doesn't take much to grab some cash to take with you. I feel the vouchers and the DL are the best of both worlds.

You should try the Radiance. The CL is to die for! An entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, a private outdoor seating area, and a full bar inside. We loved that lounge, and spent a lot of time there for quiet time reading in the afternoons.

Edited by pcur

You should try the Radiance. The CL is to die for! An entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, a private outdoor seating area, and a full bar inside. We loved that lounge, and spent a lot of time there for quiet time reading in the afternoons.

I agree, but with the referbs, the CL is not there anymore. On Brilliance it is up in the VCL instead. Still really nice though. When we were on Jewel last year, the CL was so crazy busy, they opened a lounge (Hollywood) I think, up in VCL and had it there. Was great.

I agree, but with the referbs, the CL is not there anymore. On Brilliance it is up in the VCL instead. Still really nice though. When we were on Jewel last year, the CL was so crazy busy, they opened a lounge (Hollywood) I think, up in VCL and had it there. Was great.

I got off the Radiance on 4/10/14, and she went over to the US to do her Alaska season after that. She's there now. I think you might be thinking of a different ship. The Radiance's CL is a treat.

On Radiance the "old" CL on deck 10 is now a Family Suite. The "new" CL is in the Hollywood Odyssey and, like Peggy said it's a nice venue with glass windows and an outdoor seating area. Brilliance and Serenade are the same and I'm sure Jewel will be like her sisters when she has her refurb.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We are Diamond and we didn't receive this perk when we were on the Navigator in May. Is this supposed to be fleet wide?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is being rolled out fleet wide for the fall of this year. Tested on several ships earlier this year.

Navigator had a test run with the vouchers in March, but it sounds like the vouchers will be fleetwide this fall. It's been reported that Explorer and Indy have the vouchers right now.

We are Diamond and we didn't receive this perk when we were on the Navigator in May. Is this supposed to be fleet wide?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did not receive the email. Hope this is on board before our 8/27 sailing.

We often sail with different groups of friends and family no one else is Diamond, yet but close. Will be nice to have before dinner drinks where we chose and with whom we chose.

On Radiance the "old" CL on deck 10 is now a Family Suite. The "new" CL is in the Hollywood Odyssey and, like Peggy said it's a nice venue with glass windows and an outdoor seating area. Brilliance and Serenade are the same and I'm sure Jewel will be like her sisters when she has her refurb.

So the new CL is on 13 VCL and you are saying there is outdoor seating? On Serenade? Can't wait! I had no idea there was outdoor seating you can't tell from the floor plans.:D

So the new CL is on 13 VCL and you are saying there is outdoor seating? On Serenade? Can't wait! I had no idea there was outdoor seating you can't tell from the floor plans.:D

Yes, that's right. We were on Serenade last month and it's a lovely spot to sit out when the weather is nice - unfortunately we didn't get to use it as much as we hoped as we always seemed to hit bad weather late in the day. If you look at the deck plan the area to the left of the Rock Climbing Wall - and underneath the Concierge Club - is actually fenced off and is the outdoor seating area.

We are happy to see everyone so excited about this change! To provide a recap for those who don't have all of the details yet, we are introducing an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit that will be taking place fleetwide by Fall of 2014. In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide selection of bars onboard. Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with vouchers for up to three complimentary beverages during nightly lounge hours, so you can toast your way around the ship! The SeaPass card of each eligible Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member will be loaded with three (3) drink vouchers for each night of the sailing. Kindly note drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in our specialty restaurants and expire daily. We look forward to seeing you onboard!

Thanks for clarifying. Does the theatre qualify as a venue? Also, we are sailing Rhapsody to Hawaii 5 September, will this start for them? Thanks in advance!

Wife and I were just talking about being 'Loyal to Royal'.

At the rate Royal is improving their product and customer loyalty programmes, I told my wife that it is very hard not to be loyal to Royal, unless we give up cruising altogether - something I don't forsee.

We were on the Adventure of the Seas May 30 sailing to Iceland and Norway and enjoyed the Diamond Lounge tremendously. Still sorting out my photos and stuff before starting a review.

Meanwhile, here are two videos of the Diamond Lounge on board the AOS. Pardon the strange guy talking.

Adventure of the Seas Diamond Lounge Early Morning

Adventure of the Seas Evening Cocktail Hour

http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=C0XiSD6V6kU

We made Diamond in the middle of our last cruise but really wasn't planning on going into the DL on our next cruise since we don't bring any type of dressier clothes (we tend to eat all our meals either in the Windjammer or Park Cafe) and the rest of our gang aren't anywhere near Diamond. This new turn of events is very exciting to us. I guess I'll forego my normal strawberry colada and go back to my old stand-by of tequila and 7-Up! Woohoo! :D

I'm confused. Do you have to get dressed up to go to CL now?