What is your favorite itinerary?

Another vote for Valor from San Juan. Counting San Juan you basically get 6 ports in 7 days, it's incredible. Not the most relaxing vacation ever, very busy with so many islands. But each island is so beautiful and unique from the one before it! It's not to be missed!

If forced to chose a favorite from the mainland I think it would be: Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.

I have not done the 8-day to Grand Turk, La Roma, Aruba, and Curaco yet, but I think that one looks awesome too.

Edited by jwalk03

Just to put my two cents in, my #1 favorite itinerary is the Baltics, going to Russia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland and Finland. #2 would be Alaska. Anywhere in the Caribbean would be #3, especially those ports in the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Dominican Republic, Curacao, etc). My suggestion would be to do lots of research on any ports you are headed to. All will have beautiful beaches, but many offer other unique attractions you won't want to miss. Have a fabulous cruise.:D

We have sailed on several different itineraries on three different cruise lines . . . so far. :D We love cruising and hope to see more of the world before we are too old to travel. At this point, I think Alaska is the best itinerary we have experienced.

There is nothing I've seen that compares to watching bears catching salmon, hearing the crack and splash of glaciers calving, or watching whales emerge from the water to scoop up fish and then dive back into the water.

We have been to Alaska twice and plan to go back again. It's a destination we won't get tired of.

Happy cruising, wherever you may go. It's a great way to explore the world!

San Juan is a good place to fly in a day early and see the sights, as visiting it for a few hours on a cruise ship really doesn't do it justice. Fly in early the day before and you can squeeze in Arecibo, the Bacardi tour, the fort, and maybe even the rainforest without much difficulty since the boat doesn't leave until late on embarkation day. It'll be a long day, but it would take you 4 SJ cruise ship visits to see those otherwise.

Whe we went we drove to Arecibo, which is very cool to see. SJ roads aren't the best, but that is what rentals are for.

Some have complained that SJ residents get preferred rates, and this changes the "demographics" of the boat, but my experience was not that different than any other cruise. Yes SJ is different than any continental US port city, but there are unsafe parts in every port city regardless of whether or not it is in the US or PR. In 18 years of cruising my only pre-cruise issues were in Miami, where my rental was broken into (popped lock, thankfully never got in) during a 10 minute (!) run into Target.

glad to see the positives on San Juan. Often see people claim that San Juan is old, dirty with nothing to do. Drives me crazy. Guess they got one right-it is one of the oldest cities in the Western Hemisphere which is what makes it so great. Dream ports would also include St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Martinique etc. RCCL really turns me off with their big ship stops at only 2 islands-although otherwise I really love RCCL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of my favorite ships is the dream, LOVE the pasta bar. but I like any ship carnival has, im not picky lol

I love any (as far as what I have doen) eastern port such as, Nassau (my brother and I love the atlantis, kids at heart), st. maarten (with the airport beach, my brother and I both work in aviation), grand turk, half moon cay is absolutely beautiful.

I would love to do a southern or Alaska itinerary some time

My favorite would be leaving from Port Canaveral, stop in Key West then to private Island, then thru the Panama Canal to San Diego then Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii Islands, Bora Bora, Tahiti, then on to Australia.

Sign me up!!!!! :D

Our favorite for Caribbean was Southern route to Aruba and Curacao (our favorite Caribbean port of all times).....but if anywhere in the world is included, the Meditteranean, followed by Alaska and Panama Canal were just fabulous....and hoping to add Hawaii to that list too!

Edited by buddylover

My favorites among places I have been; and not in any particular order and I know some are west and some are east and some southern, so not all actually can be on the same itin, but here are my faves.

Key West, St Maarten, San Juan PR., Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Limon Costa Rica, Barbados, St Lucia, St John, vi.

Places I am looking forward to visiting some day on a cruise are; Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Tortola, Antigua, St Kitts, Grenada, Aruba and Curacao.

I even like Nassau, St Thomas USVI, Ocho Rios, Roatan and Belize though they are not on top of my favorite places, I would still be happy to enjoy a day there on a cruise anytime.

Edited by SMSACE6

Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, and LaRomana, D.R. We didn't enjoy LaRomana, but maybe it was because we didn't look into much of the excursions that were offered besides the shopping trip into town for the market, and the cigar factory tours (which I should have stuck to my first choice and did this in place of the shopping). Next time, we'll plan ahead on what to do there.

Our favorite itinerary is the one with the most sea days. Love sea days. Favorite ports are Aruba, Grand Turk (Jack's Shack) & St Marteen. Looking at 8-day on Breeze with only 3 ports. Will probably book. Also planning b2b, gotta love those sea days :)

Other big favorites were Alaska & Panama Canal. If you do the canal, make sure to do full transit. We cruised from Acapulco to San Juan.

Edited by Fla Senior

Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, and LaRomana, D.R. We didn't enjoy LaRomana, but maybe it was because we didn't look into much of the excursions that were offered besides the shopping trip into town for the market, and the cigar factory tours (which I should have stuck to my first choice and did this in place of the shopping). Next time, we'll plan ahead on what to do there.

LOVED this itinerary. However, DR is our favorite port! Love how unspoiled it was and our excursion (private) was amazing. Loved experiencing the star fish beds and boating through the mangroves. Truly gorgeous. Love Cruacao, too! So different from other places!

Looking forward to visiting the Saints someday and Alaska!

Edited by momof4boys

My vote would be for the Med...best vacation I've ever had and a dream come true. But my second favorite is the Southern route that goes to Aruba and Curacao, truly unique places. I'd also go on any itinerary that included San Juan. Don't listen to the haters! That city is great!

My vote would be for the Med...best vacation I've ever had and a dream come true. But my second favorite is the Southern route that goes to Aruba and Curacao, truly unique places. I'd also go on any itinerary that included San Juan. Don't listen to the haters! That city is great!
Exactly ! Mediterranean and Southern Caribbean from San Juan are easily our top 2 so far.

They share the same attributes of lots of great ports near each other thus giving long port days.

WOW! What a great question? My first reaction was anywhere at sea. Since I have not cruised from San Juan, I will have to choose from my itineraries. But, now San Juan is in the back of my mind when choosing the next one due to all the postings picking San Juan as their favs. Thanks all.

Now for my choices -- We loved the 10 nights on Emerald Princess. We stopped in Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Thomas. We got to see a lot of ports in those 10 days. The ship and crew was magnificent.

Also, we just came back from the LA - Hawaii cruise. We loved all the sea days! We also loved Maui and Kauai best! The Star Princess was our favorite ship so far.

I guess we had to be different!

On Carnival, it was definitely the Southern Caribbean from San Juan (but when the Victory had this route back in 2011).

However, my all-time favorite was also out of San Juan but was on Princess. It went to St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, Grenada, Bonaire.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app