Do Silversea Care?

Tothesunset

Oh ... I know ... but as a generalisation it can't be faulted. :)

Try Manfredi, and if that fails give up and take your future cash elsewhere.

Sent the email as you suggested in another post and attached a copy of the original letter. That was 5 days ago.

We really want to book a cruise in Spring 2015 on the Spirit that has an ideal itinerary for us. Now looking at SB and RSSC for the same sort of time but, sadly, nothing quite appeals. We have, however, the need to do a land tour of Japan which I think might replace the SS cruise for that period.

I really feel quite deflated both because of the lack of response but especially because we rather like the 'fit' with SS. I just cannot understand how acompany that exists to make a profit through pleasing its customers can be so uninterested.

Maybe there'll be a surprise in the inbox or post box in the next few days?

Sent the email as you suggested in another post and attached a copy of the original letter. That was 5 days ago.

We really want to book a cruise in Spring 2015 on the Spirit that has an ideal itinerary for us. Now looking at SB and RSSC for the same sort of time but, sadly, nothing quite appeals. We have, however, the need to do a land tour of Japan which I think might replace the SS cruise for that period.

I really feel quite deflated both because of the lack of response but especially because we rather like the 'fit' with SS. I just cannot understand how acompany that exists to make a profit through pleasing its customers can be so uninterested.

Maybe there'll be a surprise in the inbox or post box in the next few days?

It is unacceptable. I'm away from home base pc at the moment but posted his personal email some time ago ... this reaches him rather than his secretary.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34352689&postcount=3

Suggest you give that a try and then if that fails give up. No company deserves your hard earned cash if they cannot be bothered to respond to communications promptly even if just to acknowledge.

It is unacceptable. I'm away from home base pc at the moment but posted his personal email some time ago ... this reaches him rather than his secretary.

Suggest you give that a try and then if that fails give up. No company deserves your hard earned cash if they cannot be bothered to respond to communications promptly even if just to acknowledge.

Totally agree,

Why should you be mugged off by them,take your money elsewhere,there are better alternatives.

I have to admit having 'gone off' Silversea for several reasons: one being that I really dislike the automatic charity charge to their family charity made unless you go and ask to be removed from it. This somehow puts me off this line completely.

I note you have been on a small Seabourn ship: do consider the new larger ones which compare in many ways with the Silver Shadow etc,., and I find much more user-friendly in almost every way.

Totally agree,

Why should you be mugged off by them,take your money elsewhere,there are better alternatives.

Thanks. They take a lot of cash in advance for a complex service. They have a responsibility and obligation to respond to questions and complaints.

My view is that if he doesn't want to receive emails on his personal Blackberry / iPhone from his punters then he should get his people organised.

This isn't rocket science. You merely set a company standard that whoever receives a communication owns it's response until you have handed it to the most appropriate person to deal with it. No communication from a customer should fail to receive an acknowledgement within 48 hours and a full response within a short time afterwards. Unless he receives complaints directly then one cannot be totally sure how detached he has become from his own family business.

I make no apology for publishing his personal email as I genuinely believe I am doing him a service.

Jeff

Yes indeed.

In any well run business a good boss will always want to know if anything is wrong from a customers point of view,how else can they get things right and stay successful if they brush things under the carpet and hope it goes away.

I want to get all feedback in my business,good or bad.

Yes indeed.

In any well run business a good boss will always want to know if anything is wrong from a customers point of view,how else can they get things right and stay successful if they brush things under the carpet and hope it goes away.

I want to get all feedback in my business,good or bad.

All I will say, is that the first time I had a few hours with him, he had spent several days reading customer feedback forms in Monaco with his team and was anxious to convert what he had learned into action plans. ;)

Yes. That's the address I used. And have not had a failed delivery response so I assume it's arrived.

Edited by Tothesunset

If more disgruntled SS customers would take a serious look comparing the loyalty programs between SS and SB, it might be easier to make a jump. It is healthy to experience different lines.

Yes, 140 sailed days on Seabourn and you get a free seven day cruise of your choice plus many perks that start with only a few sailed days.

Yes. That's the address I used.

Not doubting ... but are you absolutely sure you didn't use the email I posted more recently for the general Monaco exec office? That is the one I thought you used.

I'm unclear as to how you used a link in a post from me that is over two years old .....

Not doubting ... but are you absolutely sure you didn't use the email I posted more recently for the general Monaco exec office? That is the one I thought you used.

I'm unclear as to how you used a link in a post from me that is over two years old .....

You are correct. I didn't realise the 2-year-old post gave a different address - in fact, I assumed it was a repeat of the address you gave earlier. My error.

Looks like I'll be sending another email soon but I think I will give it to the end of the week.

You are correct. I didn't realise the 2-year-old post gave a different address - in fact, I assumed it was a repeat of the address you gave earlier. My error.

Looks like I'll be sending another email soon but I think I will give it to the end of the week.

That's great ... pleased I clarified. :)

Good luck.

I can now answer my own original question:

Yes.

We have resolved the matter to my satisfaction and I am pleased to say that SS, eventually, admitted that it was wrong to make light of the difficulty we had, has apologised and offered an acceptable inducement to maintain our loyalty to the line.

So...

Where shall we go in Spring 2015 is the pressing question.

Tothesunset, thanks for the feedback with Silversea; glad y'all worked it out to a satisfactory end state.

Thanks. We are very relieved. In spite of the efforts of a few to rank Silversea alongside the Gulags for food and service we rather like the line and are gratified that SS has come through in a positive manner.

OK. A month ago today we sent a letter of complaint (related to a cruise frm which we had just returned) to SS Guest Relations in Ft Lauderdale. We have had no reply or acknowledgement. I know from another thread that SS seem slower to respond to complaints than they are to take our money. But honestly! A month? Sometimes there seems to be an air of studied amateurishness about their guest management.

So no question or suggestion - just a bit of a rant to let off steam!

Thanks. We are very relieved. In spite of the efforts of a few to rank Silversea alongside the Gulags for food and service we rather like the line and are gratified that SS has come through in a positive manner.

It's great that your issue has now been dealt with but the original issue to me that led to you posting seems to remain. You communicated some time mid-May and they didn't respond at all. No acknowledgemnt or resolution. They responded and your issue was finally concluded in July only because you persisted for around 2 months.

Not certain that demonstrates they "care" exactly ......

:)

It's great that your issue has now been dealt with but the original issue to me that led to you posting seems to remain. You communicated some time mid-May and they didn't respond at all. No acknowledgemnt or resolution. They responded and your issue was finally concluded in July only because you persisted for around 2 months.

Not certain that demonstrates they "care" exactly ......

:)

What happened is that my original letter ofcomplaint (I always think paper is better than digital means for such matters - I'm probably wrong) I sent to cutomer services in Ft Lauderdale. They then sent that on to UK. Once the UK office became involved the issue was resolved within 5 days. It just seems bizarre that, in the modern world where distance is no barrier to communication, FL didn't fax or email a copy of my letter to UK.

Anyway, we are happy with the outcome. Incidentally, thanks for all the tips throughout the thread, they helped to ensure that we kept on top of things and had a plan (which we didn't need) for escalating.

What happened is that my original letter ofcomplaint (I always think paper is better than digital means for such matters - I'm probably wrong) I sent to cutomer services in Ft Lauderdale. They then sent that on to UK. Once the UK office became involved the issue was resolved within 5 days. It just seems bizarre that, in the modern world where distance is no barrier to communication, FL didn't fax or email a copy of my letter to UK.

Anyway, we are happy with the outcome. Incidentally, thanks for all the tips throughout the thread, they helped to ensure that we kept on top of things and had a plan (which we didn't need) for escalating.

Still. On the bright side things have improved since Ellen Worseridge left. In her time you would have logically wrote to Head Office, they would have sent it back to the UK office and they would have sent it to a random TA.

Progress. :D

All's well that ends well. :)

I am not a big Silversea fan - much prefer Seabourn, but acknowledge that we all have our personal reasons for favourites.

However, surely any reference to 'gulags' is likely to be problems SS have had with their expedition ships, particularly in the Galapagos, where it has obviously been very difficult for them to deliver their usual standards.

I can now answer my own original question:

Yes.

We have resolved the matter to my satisfaction and I am pleased to say that SS, eventually, admitted that it was wrong to make light of the difficulty we had, has apologised and offered an acceptable inducement to maintain our loyalty to the line.

So...

Where shall we go in Spring 2015 is the pressing question.

Glad to hear that you have achieved satisfaction.

Thanks to Duct Tape, I was able to email Frank Sansone about an issue regarding a future cruise. He referred my request to Cheryl Topalian who replied within a day that my request was under consideration. Within a week, I had a successful outcome! When my TA initially called Ft. Lauderdale, they just said no (what a surprise!). I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.