The cost to Celebrity due to the Website issues...

Annie777

They are definitely risking losing more than add ons with me.

Having read so much about Concierge class I considered upgrading our current reservation-I couldn't even get a price, so gave up-there's $ lost.

I was happy to book shore trips with them, if I book my shore trips independently there's $ lost.

And the biggie-we have only just discovered cruising, and are planning to do a lot in the future. I want to become a "regular" with a cruise line in order to qualify for perks. Celebrity suits us based on itineraries handy for Australians . If I go elsewhere that's lots of $$ lost.

Multiply me by hundreds of customers & its a LOT of $$ lost.

We enjoy sailing with Celebrity but dealing with their website is beyond comprehension. I have made our final payment and am now ready to plan and book excursions. Not easy! Yesterday I could only see trips out of ports beginning with the letter "A". None of our ports were listed! I think they need to step up their IT department.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't even access our booking and this has been ongoing for 2 weeks. I've notified Celebrity and their IT Dept to no avail.

Gee..I hope their ships are not on the same computer system.....

I know no one wants to hear this, but I have had no trouble accessing my reservation. I am using an older PC and Internet Explorer and there has never been a time when I have not been able to access it. I did book through a large online TA and whether that makes any difference or not I don't know.

I'm sure it's very frustrating to everyone who cannot get online and I have no idea why I can, when so many others can't. Obviously there's a huge flaw in the system.

However, when going in to check deck plans and the like I have had no luck. Go figure.

Edited by Gangplanker

They are definitely risking losing more than add ons with me.

Having read so much about Concierge class I considered upgrading our current reservation-I couldn't even get a price, so gave up-there's $ lost.

I was happy to book shore trips with them, if I book my shore trips independently there's $ lost.

And the biggie-we have only just discovered cruising, and are planning to do a lot in the future. I want to become a "regular" with a cruise line in order to qualify for perks. Celebrity suits us based on itineraries handy for Australians . If I go elsewhere that's lots of $$ lost.

Multiply me by hundreds of customers & its a LOT of $$ lost.

I hear what you are saying, regarding Concierge, there's another thread going on asking why it even exists, you may want to make sure you've read thru to to ensure you are getting good value for money....in case you haven't. Most find saving money and buying the perks on board from a standard veranda is a better option, or going a bit more and going Aqua makes more sense. To each their own though, but check that thread out, its got some good details to consider.

And X only loses lots of money if all the passengers also don't rebook on Royal Caribbean, or Azamara since X is pat of the overall company...! ;) Otherwise all those people are doing is opening a slot for someone else to fill!

I was able to get on the site this morning, then it timed out when looking at excursions. When I tried to get back in I got, we apologize web site under maintenance try back later. No problem, I got back in and made a payment and now I get an email thank you for your deposit on you Dec Galapagos cruise. :eek: what I made a payment on my Caribbean cruise?? They seriously need to hire professionals to redesign their web site. I have no idea why Celebrity would let this go for this long:confused:

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

It must not be that big of a issue to them because if it was I am sure that they would have fixed it.

The bottom line is all that matters and I am sure that the ships are still sailing full along with sold out tours.

It actually makes it scary that they're not monitoring the impact that this is having.

As for the bottom line, people book some time in advance. This isn't impacting cruises right now. It's impacting future cruises.

I can't even access our booking and this has been ongoing for 2 weeks. I've notified Celebrity and their IT Dept to no avail.

Did you even get a reply?

I notified them a week ago. All I got was an autoreply that it would be looked at.

We all see that they're trying to cut costs and raise revenue. That they then they leave this massive revenue hole open for 2 weeks, and don't even seem too concerned about it is hard to explain from both a customer experience and a business operations perspective.

I've received e-mails to Michelle - Not my name.

I've received e-mails about by Equinox cruise - Sailing on The Summit.

I've been urged not to delay and book excursions for cruise I was going on 'soon' - when it was a year before my travel date.

Often, their web-site doesn't work.

I think they need a new IT guy!!

This is the message I just got when choosing a cruise to book:

As previous posters have suggested - I don't think anyone is listening to us and certainly Celebrity don't care or they would be sorting this out with new IT staff who know what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyn

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

Request that failed: /booking/reservationStep1

JSP that failed: /WEB-INF/jsp/layouts/booking/bookingLayout.jsp

Status code: 500

Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "April 01, 2015"

Stack Trace: org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.ParseDateSupport.doEndTag(ParseDateSupport.java:189)

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.includes.booking.stateroom_005fpricing_jsp._jspx_meth_fmt_005fparseDate_005f0(stateroom_005fpricing_jsp.java:851)

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.includes.booking.stateroom_005fpricing_jsp._jspService(stateroom_005fpricing_jsp.java:191)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:605)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:544)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:954)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:684)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:678)

org.apache.tiles.request.jsp.JspRequest.doInclude(JspRequest.java:123)

org.apache.tiles.request.AbstractViewRequest.dispatch(AbstractViewRequest.java:47)

org.apache.tiles.request.render.DispatchRenderer.render(DispatchRenderer.java:47)

org.apache.tiles.request.render.ChainedDelegateRenderer.render(ChainedDelegateRenderer.java:68)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:259)

org.apache.tiles.template.InsertAttributeModel.renderAttribute(InsertAttributeModel.java:188)

org.apache.tiles.template.InsertAttributeModel.execute(InsertAttributeModel.java:132)

org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.InsertAttributeTag.doTag(InsertAttributeTag.java:299)

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.layouts.booking.bookingLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsertAttribute_005f3(bookingLayout_jsp.java:952)

org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.layouts.booking.bookingLayout_jsp._jspService(bookingLayout_jsp.java:367)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:487)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:412)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:339)

org.apache.tiles.request.servlet.ServletRequest.forward(ServletRequest.java:265)

org.apache.tiles.request.servlet.ServletRequest.doForward(ServletRequest.java:228)

org.apache.tiles.request.AbstractClientRequest.dispatch(AbstractClientRequest.java:57)

org.apache.tiles.request.render.DispatchRenderer.render(DispatchRenderer.java:47)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:259)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:397)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:238)

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:221)

org.apache.tiles.renderer.DefinitionRenderer.render(DefinitionRenderer.java:59)

org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles3.TilesView.renderMergedOutputModel(TilesView.java:145)

org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:264)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1208)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.processDispatchResult(DispatcherServlet.java:992)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:939)

org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:856)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:936)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:827)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:812)

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)

org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:144)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)

org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)

com.rccl.cda.celebrity.web.filter.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:132)

com.rccl.cda.celebrity.web.filter.CookiePolicyFilter.doFilter(CookiePolicyFilter.java:106)

com.rccl.cda.celebrity.web.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:205)

com.rccl.cda.celebrity.web.filter.SSOFilter.doFilter(SSOFilter.java:254)

com.rccl.cda.celebrity.web.filter.XformRequestWrapperFilter.doFilter(XformRequestWrapperFilter.java:44)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:200)

org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I hate to tell you this but we do have the same internet in Australia too :p.

Haha.

I think she may have meant that it was due to the .au website, or locale parameters.

However, people in other countries are also reporting these issues, so that's not it...

This is why I use a travel agent. I let her deal with all this garbage. Although she is beginning to lose patience with being on hold with Celebrity as well.

Just sent my TA a gift from ProFlowers today because it was listed as a 'low maintenance' succulent garden. I had the card read 'from your favorite high maintence client', due to all I put her through with dealing with Celebrity. I am a price watcher, a 'can we add that now?' requester, a 'can I upgrade today even though we sail on Thursday' kind of client, and even though she deals with the Celebrity wait times, she always gets it done. I can't imagine doing it all myself.

Celebrity don't care or they would be sorting this out with new IT staff who know what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyn

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple as there are just a few places that can do that big of a web portal and most are off shored in Asia. Celebrity is hardly the only business facing this. Disney made a huge, year long, mess out of updating their My Disney Experience portal.

No, I was referring to the OP feeling that it was somehow "better" to book directly with Celebrity rather than using a local travel agent. Perhaps there was an issue with Australian travel agencies that was being referred to. Maybe not being as knowledgeable about Celebrity, or cruising, or something and that was why the OP wanted to book directly on line

Did you even get a reply?

I notified them a week ago. All I got was an autoreply that it would be looked at.

We all see that they're trying to cut costs and raise revenue. That they then they leave this massive revenue hole open for 2 weeks, and don't even seem too concerned about it is hard to explain from both a customer experience and a business operations perspective.

I was told by Celebrity that there was going to a special meeting last Tuesday evening to get this problem resolved.

Well...it's Thursday and I still am unable to access my booking. Final payment is due in 10 days too.

I've used every Browser, PC and Apple iPad and I'm completely locked out. However, I'm able to access two other bookings I have in "My Celebrity" account.

I was told by Celebrity that there was going to a special meeting last Tuesday evening to get this problem resolved.

Well...it's Thursday and I still am unable to access my booking. Final payment is due in 10 days too.

I've used every Browser, PC and Apple iPad and I'm completely locked out. However, I'm able to access two other bookings I have in "My Celebrity" account.

They can't fix all the problems with just the stroke of a pen, so to speak....it will take some time (days not months)

We have had celebrity web site issues for a long time, but the current situation seems to be much worse and have a longer duration of pain. One has to hope that Celebrity hires someone to head their IT department who knows how to build and maintain a web site....something just not demonstrated by the current IT folks. Perhaps this time Michael Bayley heard the message from customers....only time will tell.

It might if help if Celebrity took on lots of extra temporary staff on their phone lines. They could then email all people with existing bookings apologising for the mess their website is in and suggesting they call their now more efficient (hopefully) customer services to make reservations etc.

After that they could invest in totally new software that didn't continually crash. Perhaps they could ask other cruise lines whose websites work to help them out with this ;)

Well I can dream can't I?

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple as there are just a few places that can do that big of a web portal and most are off shored in Asia. Celebrity is hardly the only business facing this. Disney made a huge, year long, mess out of updating their My Disney Experience portal.

It's not that uncommon.

Look at all the airlines for example e.g. United, Lufthansa, Qantas. Look at all the hotel chains .e.g Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt.

I can't imagine being unable to make bookings at their website for over 2 weeks! It's not perfection that's being complained about, but serious, fundamental failures.

I let my TA handle most of it. I gave up trying to making my own Select Dining reservations. What a mess that is. Celebrity call center and website are becoming more like Azamara. One problems after another. Nice service on the ship but 6 month of problems before you get to the cruise ship.

A customer (not Celebrity itself) posted these helpful emails and phone numbers on their Facebook page to get some service without using website:

There are options to getting in touch with Celebrity other than the website.

Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for a response.

OR call - 800-722-5941 This is not a main number BUT a number specifically for the above depts. Listen for the correct prompt.

A customer (not Celebrity itself) posted these helpful emails and phone numbers on their Facebook page to get some service without using website:

There are options to getting in touch with Celebrity other than the website.

Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for a response.

OR call - 800-722-5941 This is not a main number BUT a number specifically for the above depts. Listen for the correct prompt.

FYI!

Curt, this is not the Celebrity page, the Co. has nothing to do with it, nor are they members.

EW

Australians used to be able to pre purchase OBC prior to the cruise. Now we are unable to because while we are able to select Australia in the country list, there is no longer a Not Applicable option when selecting the State we live in. There are only USA states and you cannot proceed with the purchase. So that is $175 Celebrity lost as we have $200 TA credit that will now be our limit of onboard spend.

In our booking there is no option to book Select Dining. We cruised with RCL 2 years ago and everything on that website just worked except on weekends. I don't understand why a higher market line owned by the same parent line can get it so wrong.

Edited by Pushka