The cost to Celebrity due to the Website issues...

Annie777

I wonder if they comprehend how much this must be costing them.

Our only other cruise was with Carnival, & while we loved it, we realised we would prefer something a bit less family oriented & more geared to our age group.

We chose Celebrity for our Alaska cruise, largely because we know Celebrity sails out of Sydney in our summer & we want to become regular cruisers & want to qualify for Captains Club benefits etc...

We also chose to book direct with Celebrity rather than an agent, as we felt whilst not necessarily the cheapest, was the "safest" way.

We are also happy to pay the premium prices for shore trips by booking with Celebrity, again, as we felt it the safest & easiest way.

It has been one problem after the other, this week alone on making our final payment I received an email confirming my "Galapagos Passage" cruise (its a long way from Alaska), and now I am unable to book shore trips.

Celebrity, if you read these posts... I WANT to give you my money, I want to book an Asia cruise with you next year, I want to become a regular customer......you're just making it so hard...

And I'm sure I'm only one of many who are getting fed up.

I wonder if they comprehend how much this must be costing them.

Our only other cruise was with Carnival, & while we loved it, we realised we would prefer something a bit less family oriented & more geared to our age group.

We chose Celebrity for our Alaska cruise, largely because we know Celebrity sails out of Sydney in our summer & we want to become regular cruisers & want to qualify for Captains Club benefits etc...

We also chose to book direct with Celebrity rather than an agent, as we felt whilst not necessarily the cheapest, was the "safest" way.

We are also happy to pay the premium prices for shore trips by booking with Celebrity, again, as we felt it the safest & easiest way.

It has been one problem after the other, this week alone on making our final payment I received an email confirming my "Galapagos Passage" cruise (its a long way from Alaska), and now I am unable to book shore trips.

Celebrity, if you read these posts... I WANT to give you my money, I want to book an Asia cruise with you next year, I want to become a regular customer......you're just making it so hard...

And I'm sure I'm only one of many who are getting fed up.

I just did my on line registration and they could use some simple changes in that area, not a big deal but a pain in the butt.

They should realize that many people no longer have home phones, use their cell phones exclusively but yet make you put an entry into that box or you can't move on.

They have a box you can hit when filling in your traveling companions info which automatically places the info if it's the same.(address etc) Why not click for same info under flights. How about letting us write in the name of the airport like other web sites instead of finding your airport and the arriving airport in a list of every airport in the world.

Just little things that other sites have down pat, not a big deal but annoying.

Just tried to open Celebrity.com to search for cruises and to book excursion for the existing booking - the website is dead. Seriously? BTW, excursion site was down yesterday as well.

Try now. I was having problems, but was just able to access the site. Let's see how far I get.

I wanted to book several tours with Celebrity for my upcoming cruise and finally gave up, booking $ 600.00 worth with a St Petersburg tour company.... The web site simply wouldn't give full descriptions or froze.

I usually prefer independent tours any way but if I could have, Celebrity broke down the tours differently and I actually preferred a few with them... but with no time left before we sail... I gave up.

Edited by A Sixth?

It must not be that big of a issue to them because if it was I am sure that they would have fixed it.

The bottom line is all that matters and I am sure that the ships are still sailing full along with sold out tours.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I see threads realted to this subject all of the time so I know it must be an issue for users BUT, we have cruised with Celebrity 9 times and not once have we EVER had an issue with their website nor have I ever had to hold for more than a minute when calling them. In fact, I never usually hold at all.

We enjoy sailing with Celebrity but dealing with their website is beyond comprehension. I have made our final payment and am now ready to plan and book excursions. Not easy! Yesterday I could only see trips out of ports beginning with the letter "A". None of our ports were listed! I think they need to step up their IT department.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They really do need to blow it up and start again. It seems a lot like the Ford Sync radio touch screen issues of a few years back. They had added layer on top of layer on top of layer of new features and over time they all conflicted with each other. They started from scratch and now it actually works in new models. This bug caused Ford and Lincoln to go from top of customer ratings to bottom of ratings in a single year. They saw the issue and attacked it and solved it. Celebrity needs to do the same.

I also think it's very weird that part of the check in process doesn't at the end of it allow you to add on extras, to drive revenue while one is in the excitement mode of printing boarding passes, like airlines do, suggest 3 meal dining, suggest premium beverage package etc, get the money now and up front....

And the website being clunky, makes people book via a travel agent, and X them pays them 10% or 15% (not positive what TA's actually get) when they could be keeping that revenue in house.

Unfortunatley from a business perspective, that they are sailing full ships, they have no real need to add staff at call centers or fix the website I suppose, as the customers have spoken with their dollars that the issues aren't enough to keep them from finding a way to book.

So the only way to get the investment back would be to add the selling of add ons in a more natural way through the process of customer interactions to the site, not when a customer goes specifically to do so.

Edited by cle-guy

Fourth try in three days. This time the entire site was down.

Not a good reflection on Celebrity.

And yes, I have no doubt that they are loosing bookings.

Not sure if the TA's have a different system. It they don't, I cannot imagine a TA not simply going to another cruise line to sell a vacation-especially if the customer is on the phone or sitting in front of them.

I had problems with the web site for over two weeks. I was trying to manage my booking and book excursions. I tried multiple times a day and different internet browsers. I haven't encountered such long term web site problems with any other company! I did book my first X cruise directly through the web site but wouldn't do it again.

The ships may be sailing full but that's only the first step in the revenue stream. The price of the stateroom makes it almost a loss leader. The next step is to get the excursions, the specialty dining reservations, the spa appointments, the in room liquor setups, the celebration packages, all the things passengers would like to book on the website and can't. "Gee, I was going to order a honeymoon celebration package but I guess I can't and I'm too busy to waste time trying over and over again so I guess I'll just pass on it" "I could try over and over to book my St Petersberg excursion but I can do it so easily on the CPB site so I guess I'll book with them instead of Celebrity" and multiply this over and over. There's where the real loss of income is

That website is a mess. For more than a week I had "website under maintenance" when I tried to look at my reservation. Now I just get directed back to selecting a country...and then it goes no-where. I'm a first time cruiser on X and if this keeps up it might be my last trip with X.

That website is a mess. For more than a week I had "website under maintenance" when I tried to look at my reservation. Now I just get directed back to selecting a country...and then it goes no-where. I'm a first time cruiser on X and if this keeps up it might be my last trip with X.

The Celebrity web site sux!!!! I'm getting the same message "select country" and nada shows up. grrrrrrrr!!!!

I just did my on line registration and they could use some simple changes in that area, not a big deal but a pain in the butt.

They should realize that many people no longer have home phones, use their cell phones exclusively but yet make you put an entry into that box or you can't move on.

They have a box you can hit when filling in your traveling companions info which automatically places the info if it's the same.(address etc) Why not click for same info under flights. How about letting us write in the name of the airport like other web sites instead of finding your airport and the arriving airport in a list of every airport in the world.

Just little things that other sites have down pat, not a big deal but annoying.

I TOTALLY agree with you...I checked in online last night and it's a pain to have to keep inputting the same info over and over. They should allow you to save your passport info and customer info so you can just select it....that is if you can get into the website in the first place.

Speaking of website issues, today it seems that I just get a "Country Selection" and can't go any further than that. I know its been said before, however I will say it again: Fire your IT and Web teams. Hire new ones....now.

I was on hold so long in April to pay for a Reflection cruise I had put on a Hold that I went surfing found a better price and booked the Navigator of the seas on my Travel agent site So Celebrity lost me on that one . They are my favorite and I have the Equinox booked for Nov 21 and when I go to the website it says on 24 hr hold . Booked thru Travel Agent and they said it is ok will see closer to sail date . I really want to book 3 cruises for 2015 but they need to fix the site .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Logged in now, thru our iPad, everything working fine, :confused:

Guess I am luckie tonight! Time to go buy a lotto ticket:D

Reservation Status

Fares

Original Fare: $3,178.00

Discounts:

Special Offer

Offer Terms & Conditions

$-0.00

Cruise Fare: $3,178.00

Taxes & Fees $298.86

Other Options:

$50 ONBRDCR $0.00

123GOPROMO1 -$968.00

BEVCLINGRAT $968.00

Total (USD) $3,476.86

Payments (USD) -$521.00

Balance Due (USD) $3,026.86

Payment due by August 27, 2014

Cruise Planner

your 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise sailing on Celebrity Equinox from 10 Nov 2014 - 21 Nov 2014