Light on balcony?

Yes, but if you're out there in the middle of the night, the light may shine into adjoining cabins...so, if you have a book light, toss it into your suitcase....

(You're not going to have time to read...you'll be having too much fun!;):p)

Don't they turn those lights off with a master switch around 11 or so on the M class?

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

No!! I had to ask my room steward to remind my neighbours to turn their light off. Also if you want to go out and enjoy the stars the light pollution spoils it. Please use a book light:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

Don't they turn those lights off with a master switch around 11 or so on the M class?

I wish.

No, they are frequently left on 24/7 by some guests unless the room steward turns them off while cleaning the room. At least, that was my experience on the Millie.

So if you're trying not to disturb your traveling companion, your own balcony light will shine into your own cabin, too, so a reading light will be the way to go.

If you're wondering about the drapes they just don't work well for that.

I stay in a lot of hotels and I don't care how nice the establishment is, the curtains never close all the way. There is always a gap of some sort, letting in light.... To "fix" this problem, I use either hair clips, paper clips or binder clips. 2 per window are more than sufficient to keep the light out.

And the M class lights DO shine into adjoining cabins.

YES and we had people on a cruise in the adjoining cabin that left theirs on all the time, probably because we reported them for smoking.

YES and we had people on a cruise in the adjoining cabin that left theirs on all the time, probably because we reported them for smoking.

Guess they just had to "light up".

Hopefully the smoking ended.

No!! I had to ask my room steward to remind my neighbours to turn their light off. Also if you want to go out and enjoy the stars the light pollution spoils it. Please use a book light:)

That is odd. I could have sworn that on our cruises on Constellation and Infinity all balcony the lights went off at around 10:00 pm each night. I don't remember any being left on all night. Perhaps my memory is incorrect, but that is what I have always thought based on what I seemed to have experienced.

That is odd. I could have sworn that on our cruises on Constellation and Infinity all balcony the lights went off at around 10:00 pm each night. I don't remember any being left on all night. Perhaps my memory is incorrect, but that is what I have always thought based on what I seemed to have experienced.

I wish, but unfortunately that hasn't been my experience on M class ships. Many people leave their balcony lights on 24/7. I believe this is why they did not put balcony lights on the S class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry about that :rolleyes: Spent the first two nights of our last cruise wondering why it was so light in our cabin... I don't know who turned on the light (it wasn't me) but I felt awful when I discovered we had left it on all night!

Please do not always blame the guests in a room for the balcony light being on. We always turn out light off when going to dinner after a pre-dinner drink on the balcony but have frequently returned to find that our butler or stateroom attendant has turned it on again. As they also draw the curtains, we will not notice unless we specifically check before going to bed.

We were on the Eclipse and I wished I had brought a booklight. Fortunately DW doesn't require complete darkness to sleep so I was able to leave one cabin light on and use it for reading on the balcony, hardly ideal. I'll know better next time.

Both DW and I were impressed with how effectively the curtains blocked out early morning sun.