NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

You're not an idiot, there is no PDF. Just use the "Search this Thread" tool (under the "Page 10 of 10") to look for your cabin.

Oh yes I am.

Unlike all the other threads I can't get the "Search this thread" to work!

I'll just find out in 28 days on my own. I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks for your help.

What does

(under the "Page 10 of 10") mean?:rolleyes:

You have to be logged in to see the search this thread function. Near the top of the page where the thread starts and right below the page numbers is a box with "Search this Thread".

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11006

Stateroom Category – Non-Haven 2br Family Penthouse, SC

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Most of these suites suffer from noise above. Twice in the morning I could hear someone in high heels walking on the non-carpeted floor of the hair salon above. We could faintly hear them vacuuming the Library carpet early each morning, so cabins further aft were more affected.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, it could be connected to 11008 mini-suite.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, far enough away from bridge protrusion to have no effect on view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - People on balcony have window view to anyone in master bath tub. Master shower is narrow, much better bath design on Epic and Away ships 2br.

Any other comments? - 2nd bedroom is slightly smaller than an inside and the lower bed folds out to a firm yet comfortable full size, upper pullman was a single with 100lb limit (held me at 6'4", 215lb). Living room couch would be roomy for one adult or work easily for two kids. Nice glass sliding door between master area and living room for late sleepers.

Edited by Boschmann

The template is as follows:

Ship -Getaway

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16710

Stateroom Category – Haven Penthouse

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Haven Sundeck is above this stateroom. Chair moving noise early in the morning for set up and again in the early evening

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Just the noise from above

Any other comments? -Location was great!

Ship-Breakaway

Deck 16

Stateroom 16720

category 2 bedroom haven suite

Starboard side

Quiet stateroom? We had problems with something below the second bedroom that continually bumped back and forth when the ship was moving. We complained twice and both times were told that it was fixed, but it was not.

Not a connecting room.

Balcony was small with no wind.

Any specific problems? Yes we had a terrible odor coming from the master bathroom when we were docked. Maintence came and put odor eliminators in the drains but the smell did not go away until the ship was moving. Also this room does not have the big window in the master shower, just a small sliver of a window.

Any other comments. This room does have a private balcony which is why we chose it. It is also the closest room to the Haven bar!

Ship - NCL epic

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9049

Stateroom Category – Inside stateroom

Starboard or Port Side - Mid/port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – AC was noisy, hissy sound but not too bad

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - no

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Hot water wasnt working one night but only personally affected me for 20 minutes. I dont know how long it was actually a problem for as i had recently entered the room for the evening. On another night there was no working water but it was at 4am and was working when I woke up.

Any other comments? - The bathrooms are really strange as they are just clouded glass. Its not very personal at all and weird if traveling with friends or family. Room looked nice but overall functioned poorly in the bathroom area

Edited by Everquest1999

Ship - Star

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11111

Stateroom Category – 1A

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Loud stateroom. Located directly under the busiest serving line area of the buffet. Footsteps all day, loud rolling sounds after midnight. Also the sound insulation from adjoining staterooms was sub par as well. TV noise and conversations were present.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – NA

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NA

Was wind a problem? -NA

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -Avoid this cabin at all costs!:eek:

Sorry if I break the format requested but I wanted to post the cabin numbers of the obstructed oceanview cabins on the Jewel in which the windows have been opaqued for some reason. You will have filtered natural light but NO VIEW whatsoever! It makes these cabins much less desirable IMO.

This information comes directly from the Jewel's hotel director.

Does this info extend the the other "Jewel" class ships?

Ship - NCL Gem

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9518

Stateroom Category – BC

Starboard or Port Side - not sure lol

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions, beautiful view :)

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None, loved this cabin :D

Any other comments? - I love Norwegian, cant wait for my next cruise :p:p

Ship - NCL Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10112

Stateroom Category – BA

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions, beautiful view :)

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None, great location

Any other comments? - would book this cabin again

Unlike all the other threads I can't get the "Search this thread" to work!

I'll just find out in 28 days on my own. I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks for your help.

You're not an idiot, there is no PDF. Just use the "Search this Thread" tool (under the "Page 10 of 10") to look for your cabin.

There are sooo many pages to sort through! How do I find the info on the cabin I'm looking for?! I tried entering the ship-cabin #; cabin#-ship, ship-deck #..."sorry-no matches..." is all that i get. Thought maybe 'cuz there were none for my cabin, but how can there be none for the whole deck? Thanks.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - NCL Breakaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10784

Stateroom Category – BB

Balcony View - great!

Balcony Size? Angled- so larger than most regular balconies on the BA. On boarding, we had two chairs and a small table. We asked (at guest services) to have one of the chairs replaced by a lounge chair (as on previous cruises). While we were out, a lounge chair was delivered- but the chairs remained. So we had two chairs, a lounge chair and the table- all with room to navigate around them.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The water pressure was very weak, especially in the shower. Also, the shower fixture itself moaned when in use. Maintenance did check the shower and made a small improvement, but the water pressure was still not what we had experienced on previous BA cruises. We assume the shower fixture itself was faulty (neighboring cabins did not have this problem)

Any other comments? -We would book this cabin again (in spite of the water pressure issue). We love angled balconies. This one is convenient to the forward elevators and stairs.

Ship - ESCAPE

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14814

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – YES

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No but we had 14816 and opened the balcony partition.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view from the balcony. On the Eastern Caribbean sailing I think I would go on the Port side

814balcottoman_zpsylebtq2g.jpg

14814BalconyView_zps7g1wtxs6.jpg

Was wind a problem? - NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? - In between the forward and aft elevators

Any other comments? - I think I would go with a balcony cabin on a lower deck to be closer to the 6-7-8 atrium/waterfront area

14814_zpsoyk4r08u.jpg

bathroom_zpsohsjxoxl.jpg

Ship - ESCAPE

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14816

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – YES

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view

Was wind a problem? - NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Bed was closer to the closet

14816_zpsr87lhgjl.jpg

There are sooo many pages to sort through! How do I find the info on the cabin I'm looking for?! I tried entering the ship-cabin #; cabin#-ship, ship-deck #..."sorry-no matches..." is all that i get. Thought maybe 'cuz there were none for my cabin, but how can there be none for the whole deck? Thanks.:confused:

You will just need to hunt through the thread or you can try doing a search. There is no interactive capability with this thread.

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10706

Stateroom Category – Haven

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, for the most part. You could hear water through pipes occasionally but nothing that was too crazy.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony was the same size as a standard balcony for a regular balcony room, except there was a part that was enclosed that you could fit your chair into if you wanted to get out of the sun or something, otherwise it was a normal balcony. It was cool though, you could see the bridge from the balcony and occasionally could see some of the captains and crew.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal compared to other balconies; probably small considering it was part of the Haven

Was wind a problem? - Not really.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - One of the days was extremely rough seas and we definitely felt the effects from it. But honestly, we just left our room and went to the middle of the ship (like most people seemed to be doing). On regular days though, it was fine.

Any other comments? - The room was fantastic!! Having the front window was so cool! The bathroom was ginormous and everything was just great. Would definitely consider staying in this room again...if we ever have the money :)

You will just need to hunt through the thread or you can try doing a search. There is no interactive capability with this thread.

The Original Poster (OP) abandoned this thread a long time ago.

CruiseCritic should have never made it a "sticky" unless the moderators were planning to take over. :evilsmile:

Ship -- Getaway

Deck -- 16

Stateroom # -- 16712

Stateroom Category – H4

Starboard or Port Side -- Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – It was mostly quiet. We had some noise from deck chairs being moved above us, but it wasn't horrible. The other noise was the sound of water, which could be heard in the second bedroom. Overall, the noise we did hear wouldn't stop us from booking this cabin again.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -- No

Balcony View -- View was typical and we could easily see into the part of the bridge that juts outside of the ship.

Balcony Size? -- Normal H4 balcony.

Was wind a problem? -- It was windy, but our cruise was very windy. It think the wind was pretty normal for the location of the cabin.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nothing from us!

Any other comments? Overall, we enjoyed the cabin and would consider booking it again.

Where is the OP ?

Since CC set this up an a "sticky",

Where is our CruiseCritic moderator to set up an easier way to look at this information?

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14842

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO, NO, NO very noisy stateroom. So much so I asked to be moved with no luck. The buffet is right above you. The banging and chair dragging etc are horrible. Be cautious of this room!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This is an, "angled" room with a bigger balcony. That was pretty nice. However, the overhang from deck 15 obstructs your view out a bit.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Angled oversized

Was wind a problem? - Not at all!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Noise, everything else was great.

Any other comments? - Noise is a huge problem here.

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11086

Stateroom Category – Mini suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Great view. No obstructions. Can see straight down and good visibility at the railing. If taking a photo, may catch a little of the overhang in the picture, depending on the angle. The overhang provides some shade and protection from the elements (as well as privacy).

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - Not at all!

Any specific problems with this cabin? Shower didn't drain all that well, but since it was a bathtub/shower, this wasn't a real problem (no overflow risk). Bottom drawer of stacked drawers was sticky. Again, a very minor problem.

Any other comments? - Could feel a little bit of vibration and hear some creaking and shuttering at certain times (usually while coming into or leaving port). Certainly nothing that bothered us at all--sounds were kind of soothing. We loved the location of this stateroom. Close to midship stairs/elevator and Garden Cafe and pool deck.

Sail date: July 2016. Great room! I'm sure it's only better yet after coming out of dry dock!

Edited by lmintzer

Ship - Gem

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11542

Stateroom Category – mini suite balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – overall yes, but did hear pool chairs above early every morning. Didn't last long, but would wake light sleeper.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, not opened and no noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great view no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal good size

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

Overall good location. Furniture and mattress very worn in severe need of replacement.

Ship - Epic

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8200

Stateroom Category – BF Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? It was a quiet room

Balcony View - Toward the aft of the ship. Had an unobstructed view of the ocean

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. Could hold 3 chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? - NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No soot, but could occasionally get a diesel smell while at sea on the balcony.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Had a 4-6 inch pipe in the corner of the balcony outside the sliding doors, A sign said the pipe was for the main fresh water supply of the ship. Noise that sounded like surf crashing on rocks could be heard coming from the pipe while at sea. This did not bother me, but might be an issue for some people.

Any other comments? - Short walk (12-14 cabins) from elevator.