EQUINOX PHOTO REVIEW - Eastern Mediterranean (Paris, London & Barcelona Pre-Cruise)

güerejo

You're so right! Didn't realize it was all compressed into a single paragraph when I copied it over. Ugghh, now I'm one of 'those' reviewers who make it hard to read :D I'll dig up the info for the tours and post it :)

Enjoying your trip report. More paragraphs would be helpful. :)

At some point, will you share the name of the hotel in Barcelona and the guides you used? We are doing this cruise next fall. Thanks.

Linda

Hi :)

Here's the info for the tours we took. All were quite fantastic!

Athens

PRIVATE GREECE TOUR http://privategreecetours.com

Ephesus

EPHESUS DELUXE http://ephesusdeluxe.com/5,from-kusa...luxe-tour.html

Naples

http://www.johnnystourservice.com +39-3356813492

Rome

ROME CABS http://www.romecabs.com/tours/rome-i...civitavecchia/

In Barcelona, we stayed at the Hilton Barcelona. Avd Diagonal 589 - 591,

Barcelona,ES,8014 011-34-934-957-777

Cassidy

Enjoying your trip report. More paragraphs would be helpful. :)

At some point, will you share the name of the hotel in Barcelona and the guides you used? We are doing this cruise next fall. Thanks.

Linda

I have spent the last two hours reading about your wonderful travels to Paris, London, Barcelona and then on the Equinox. You have a way with words and I love following your journey. I can't wait to read more about your travels on the Equinox. We will be traveling to London and then to Barcelona this October and will then do B2B cruises on the Equinox.

Thank you so much for your trip report. I enjoyed the detail in the narrative including your pre-trip report and the pictures were an added bonus.

My friends and I are on the Equinox in October for a cruise roundtrip from Barcelona including some of the same ports you visited so I read your report with special interest.

I hope this trip will be one of many "trips of a lifetime" for you.

Kathy

Glad to hear so many of you have enjoyed the review! :) I figured it was the least I could do given all the time I've spent on here getting advice from fellow cruisers! :D

I came across a few more photos of our cabin and breakfast on the balcony courtesy of our butler, which I thought I would share. Looking back at the invoice for this cruise, it's pretty crazy what a steal we got. Paid $1699 for an S1 (albeit it was a suite guarantee). We're paying $2300 for AQ in November!! :mad:

Cassidy

imagejpg5_zps7b11d407.jpg

imagejpg2_zps7b06b77b.jpg

imagejpg1_zps8847d6d7.jpg

Great review and pictures! I was fortunate enough to be on the Equinox for a Med cruise in 2011 but the itinerary didn't include Spain and a few of the other islands you had. Guess I'll just have to book again:D

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

K

You will love your cruise on the Eclipse this fall. We have been on her many times. It will be more relaxing for you as there are days at sea, warm weather and many islands to visit. We generally go each year in February to get away from the cold New England weather. I will be watching for your review of your November Cruise. Happy Sailing!

Hi :)

Here's the info for the tours we took. All were quite fantastic!

Athens

PRIVATE GREECE TOUR http://privategreecetours.com

Ephesus

EPHESUS DELUXE http://ephesusdeluxe.com/5,from-kusa...luxe-tour.html

Naples

http://www.johnnystourservice.com +39-3356813492

Rome

ROME CABS http://www.romecabs.com/tours/rome-i...civitavecchia/

In Barcelona, we stayed at the Hilton Barcelona. Avd Diagonal 589 - 591,

Barcelona,ES,8014 011-34-934-957-777

Cassidy

Thanks for the information.

Glad you got to see Jersey Boys in London. I went the last time I was there and it was fabulous. Will be interesting to see the movie they've made now.

Linda

Great review! Thanks for sharing. How did you go from a ocean view to suite??? That's a fantastic upgrade. We did very similar cruise last October on Equinox, amazing time!

Glad you enjoyed the review! :)

We originally booked an oceanview cabin but the price of higher category cabins kept going down. Every time the price went down I would call and ask to be moved up to the higher category in lieu of a price drop (this was all before final payment). We went up to a balcony, then concierge and to aqua class by final payment. A few times I got the run around from Celebrity and had to ask for a supervisor before they confirmed there was no problem to upgrade. After final payment a suite guarantee came up for a few from hundred dollars more per person and we decided to go for it. We just about died when we got our assignment weeks later to an S1! I hope we can survive in AQ now!! First world problems :D

You will love your cruise on the Eclipse this fall. We have been on her many times. It will be more relaxing for you as there are days at sea, warm weather and many islands to visit. We generally go each year in February to get away from the cold New England weather. I will be watching for your review of your November Cruise. Happy Sailing!

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the Eclipse! I'm very much looking forward to a more relaxing cruise this time around! It's already pretty miserable in Vancouver by November, so it will be nice to get away somewhere warm :) I will be sure to keep notes so I can put together another review. If the internet onboard cooperates, I might even try to make it a live review!

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the Eclipse! I'm very much looking forward to a more relaxing cruise this time around! It's already pretty miserable in Vancouver by November, so it will be nice to get away somewhere warm :) I will be sure to keep notes so I can put together another review. If the internet onboard cooperates, I might even try to make it a live review!

You also might want to look for a cabaret performer, Perry Grant on the Eclipse. We have enjoyed his entertainment first in Michael's Club and now in Cellar Masters. He plays the piano and sings. He has a large following and it might be fun for you. This cruise will definately be more relaxed with warm weather and you get to visit many islands.

I really enjoyed your rewiew and we (my husband and myself) will be on the Equinox B2B for 27 days in Oct.-Nov. for Venice and the Med and then the transatlantic back to FL.

I will be looking forward to your review on the Eclipse in November. ENJOY!

Fabulous review and love all your foodie pics! As foodies ourselves this is very important! :D

We are hoping to do an Eclipse cruise next year to the Fjords so reading this has just whetted my appetite again for more Med cruises after that despite having just returned from a Greek islands cruise! :)

I enjoyed reading your review as it brought back wonderful memories.

My DH and I boarded the Equinox when you left it. This was our fourth Mediterranean cruise and all on Celebrity. We did three fall cruises three years in a row. We saw different ports than you for the most part. We love Malta and do want to return. We did have rain toward the end of the cruise. I have been to Dubrovnik and Kotor twice and it rained both times! We had rocky weather the last day of the cruise on our return to Barcelona. Nothing like you had but we did encounter that type of weather on our first Mediterranean cruise. So bad we missed the the port of Naples so I knew I had to take another cruise to see it - which we have twice.

We are doing the Caribbean this December on the equinox. After this past horrible winter I wanted to get away in the winter even if only for 10 days,

Enjoy your next cruise.

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the review :)

We too were on the cruise after yours (Hi Gail!) and had mostly good weather apart from Dubrovnik and Kotor (been twice to each, rain both times!) Gail is right about the rough nights sailing into Barcelona! :eek:

We'll be on the Equinox again in October, doing the almost same itinerary as you did (Salerno instead of Naples)

We sailed on Eclipse three times as well, I'm sure you'll love her :)